Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you refuse the Covid-19 Vaccine if your employer required it under threat of termination
Yes I would refuse the Vaccine and be terminated from my job 35 37.63%
No I would get the vaccine 58 62.37%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 09:43 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

I have had TB so I have to get a chest X-ray every time I change jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 09:53 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times
I’m fortunate to be in a position where I pretty much call the shots. Lost my hourly wage job due to Covid, and I’ve had a few people contact me to see if I be willing to do work for them. If I do, I’ll be a contractor, so can do whatever I want. More or less. No vaccine.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:15 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
I am suprised no one has stated this, but under Title VII, employers cannot descriminate against religions. Christian Science, among others, are religions that do not believe in the use of medicine but instead prayer. If I worked for a company that gave me an ultimatum, I would do two things.

First, tell them in writing that getting a vacination violates your religious beliefs and you refuse to do so. Second, if fired, put the company in a situation where they have to vocally denounce you or their actions to strenghten your lawsuit.
https://www.christianscience.com/pre...-public-health

"A Christian Science perspective on vaccination and public health

On the other hand, our practice isn’t a dogmatic thing. Church members are free to make their own choices on all life-decisions, in obedience to the law, including whether or not to vaccinate their children. These aren’t decisions imposed by their church."

In fact, there are no mainstream religions in the US that forbid vaccination.

The upshot is that you are advising people to lie. How do you think an employer would view someone who does that?

Old 07-04-2020, 11:42 AM

1,203 posts, read 618,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
That one day, I turn on the television and see one of those advertisements.......

"If you took a flu vaccine shot every year for the last decade you will likely suffer from this disease/side effect. You are entitled to compensation for the premature loss of your life. Call Lye, Steele and Cheatham attys at law for your piece of the class action award today. And HURRY"

It isn't so much "fear", as it is an "expectation".......

CN
That won't happen because you can't sue vaccine manufacturers. You have to go to a special vaccine court if you have an injury. The amount you receive is a set amount based on the injury.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:53 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenunderwear View Post
That's the whole purpose of a vaccine. immunity without having been sick
If those who already had the virus are not immune then a vaccine would not make someone immune.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:59 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
That one day, I turn on the television and see one of those advertisements.......

"If you took a flu vaccine shot every year for the last decade you will likely suffer from this disease/side effect. You are entitled to compensation for the premature loss of your life. Call Lye, Steele and Cheatham attys at law for your piece of the class action award today. And HURRY"

It isn't so much "fear", as it is an "expectation".......

CN
You won't ever see such things over a vaccine. They will always deny a vaccine caused the problem.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:08 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Friend told me today he will refuse the vaccine I know he works for a school district and is close to retirement. He hates his job but only has 3 years to go 20 in at age 55. I was wondering what you would do if your employer required you to get the vaccine?
It's nice to be retired so the question is moot.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:09 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Friend told me today he will refuse the vaccine I know he works for a school district and is close to retirement. He hates his job but only has 3 years to go 20 in at age 55. I was wondering what you would do if your employer required you to get the vaccine?
Nah. I don't think so.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:17 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
No reason to not get the vaccine. I'll get it anyway job requirement or not.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:19 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
It depends.

If I worked for a school or in medical field, yes, I would get the vaccine.

If I worked in a business office, I would not consider it any of my employer's business what vaccines I had or didn't have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies