Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 04:24 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
She did walk away.

Did you not see the part where the black mother blocked her vehicle and punched it like an idiot? Should she have just ran the black mother over?

You don’t get to claim victimization when you’re escalating the situation. You can NOT BLOCK someone in the driveway as they backup. That’s called provocation, escalation, and harassment.

And I guess the police aren’t racist there, because we blacks sure as hell were quick to call them. Based on what we demanded, some guidance counselors should’ve been called out to de-escalate the situation.

There's a lesson to be learned here: when a person of color angrily assaults you verbally and gets in your face with accusations of racist, do not, repeat DO NOT get into a verbal altercation with them. As quickly as you can, get into your vehicle if you're near it and drive away without throwing any insults their way because it will only inflame them all the more. If the person bangs on your trunk but doesn't do any damage, for heaven's sake, in this politically charged climate with BLM do NOT get out and brandish a gun. In any situation like this it is the white person who is going to be arrested because it is the politically correct thing for the authorities to do. The local authorities do not want to take any chances of starting another riot.

Ultimately, I fault the white woman for getting her and her husband into the jam they are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2020, 04:25 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
[quote=Sunny Side Out;58548344]Who got shot? Why do you keep moving the goal post, contradicting what you say and then make a statement about something that never happened?[/QUOTE]

kinda my point

Old 07-03-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There's a lesson to be learned here: when a person of color angrily assaults you verbally and gets in your face with accusations of racist, do not, repeat DO NOT get into a verbal altercation with them. As quickly as you can, get into your vehicle if you're near it and drive away without throwing any insults their way because it will only inflame them all the more. If the person bangs on your trunk but doesn't do any damage, for heaven's sake, in this politically charged climate with BLM do NOT get out and brandish a gun. In any situation like this it is the white person who is going to be arrested because it is the politically correct thing for the authorities to do. The local authorities do not want to take any chances of starting another riot.

Ultimately, I fault the white woman for getting her and her husband into the jam they are in.
Eh, the husband is the one who doesn't know how to back up. It was over until that happened.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
First I would not want to be in that situation. They tried to leave that situation, but were blocked. The definition will be vary by state to some degree, but yes, if someone says I am going to hurt you, you can then be in fear of being hurt. If they just yelled, no, but the said the words that they were going to cause bodily harm. In this case it is pretty clear cut. In any normal state, the white woman would not have been charged and the black racist would. With this exact situation in states that allow you to defend yourself, she would have been able legally unload 6 shots into her and dropped her right there because she made the threat. Other states it will depend on the agenda of the authorities and the understanding on a jury. Because she was pregnant, she wins this in any court of law in any state. She was protecting her unborn child. Unfortunately he loses his job which there was no need for that to happen to him, they receive death threats which no one will be charged for and they will be financially ruined and all because those racist blacks wanted to cause a scene by acting like entitled victims.
The mom has claimed since the start that she slapped the car window because the van was backing at them. That appears consistent with the video. So the act was to alert the driver that he was getting too close.

The standard for introducing deadly force in virtually all states is a reasonable fear of death or major injury. You cannot point a gun at anyone unless you have a reasonable fear of death or serious injury. No way the white lady can meet that hurdle.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:32 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The white couple showed amazing restraint. Restraint that comes with firearms training. If the situation was reversed could the same restraint be expected from the two black women?

Restraint and black women in the same sentence. Wow.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:34 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
There was more than one racist black person there. There were multiple ones.
Is that true? All I find in the news stories is the Mom and her 3 daughters. That is a family not some kind of mob.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:36 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Eh, the husband is the one who doesn't know how to back up. It was over until that happened.

I take the situation as a whole. The white woman was not being inflammatory at the other woman and her daughter. She tried to speak and when the black woman kept cutting in to what she was trying to say the white woman stopped talking and listened patiently. This is not the behavior of a person who is looking for a confrontation. It didn't look like the husband was trying to harm the daughter. It looked like he was trying to get him and his wife away from a very explosive situation and may not have done it as best he could but certainly there was no intention to harm the daughter. If there had been she'd be flat as a pancake right now. But the gun should never have come out. The couple should have just driven away. They were not in any danger when she drew the gun and got out.

The proper thing to do would have been to just very carefully back out and then, if the instigator jumps in front of your car, slowly pull forward until the path is clear. That's what I would have done. I certainly would NOT have taken on an enraged black woman spoiling for a fight and her equally enraged daughter no matter what they called me.

But then that's just me (hollering from the choir loft )

Last edited by thrillobyte; 07-03-2020 at 04:46 PM..

Old 07-03-2020, 04:46 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
I would like to know what happened when the camera got all messed up and didn't catch anything when they were backing up. Hopefully there's parking lot footage from the restaurant.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I take the situation as a whole. The white woman was not being inflammatory at the other woman and her daughter. She tried to speak and when the black woman kept cutting in to what she was trying to say the white woman stopped talking and listened patiently. This is not the behavior of a person who is looking for a confrontation. It didn't look like the husband was trying to harm the daughter. It looked like he was trying to get him and his wife away from a very explosive situation and may not have done it as best he could but certainly there was no intention to harm the daughter. If there had been she be flat as a pancake right now. But the gun should never have come out. The couple should have just driven away. They were not in any danger when she drew the gun and got out.

The proper thing to do would have been to just very carefully back out and then, if the instigator jumps in front of your car, slowly pull forward until the path is clear. That's what I would have done. I certainly would NOT have taken on an enraged black woman spoiling for a fight and her equally enraged daughter no matter what they called me.

But then that's just me (hollering from the choir loft )
Yeah, I don't think it was anything other than bad driving. How has he used up most the roadway between himself and the row of cars behind him and not even be into the turn? Always back in and pull out big guy. How is this not a thing?

Old 07-03-2020, 04:49 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZhdMcrBuDU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies