Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 11:42 AM

10,737 posts, read 5,664,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Maybe if it was 1963 Alabama she probably could have shot killed her and got away with it back then.

Yelling at someone even making threats still doesn't give you the right to pull guns. She was not faced with deadly force.

I would bet if you could take a time machine back a day and ask Mrs Wuestenberg if she would pull her gun on someone yelling at her in her face she would tell you know she would leave.

The problem with CCW holders they don't understand how to control these kinds of situations.

Let me give you a scenario your driving down a street and come to an intersection light turns yellow you decide just slow down and stop. The man behind you is irate that you didn't go though the light he could not get around you fast enough. He pulls up next to you and is yelling at you from his car then he follows you to the next light and yells more. Lets say he gets on your bumper a few inches away this goes on for a few miles or more. He is honking and yelling you are armed with a gun what do you do?

1. Hold your gun up so he can see it at the next stop light yell back "Get the " " away from me.

2. You pull your gun put on the seat where you can get it in a hurry and try to stay calm not make eye contact but keep him behind you so in case he is armed you can duck or try to flee the area. Maybe you call police if you can while diving if you have hands free system

3. You floor it and try to loose him run stop lights make illegal u-turns what ever it takes to get away from him.

Give me your answer.
None of your three options are optimum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 11:43 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I have a problem with racist people trying to cause a situation, so in this case I have a problem with the racist blacks. And the video proves everything all of us have been trying to tell you, but even if the black racists came clean and confessed, you would still blame the innocent pregnant white woman. It's how you types roll.
And I have a problem with an attempt to create a Black racist in order to defend what may well have been a racially motivated attack. I agree it is not shown in the videos but we are not on the scene sensing the ongoing interaction.. Maybe the Black lady is wrong. Maybe she is correct. I doubt we will ever be able to resolve the question.

And the fact, which you appear unable to understand, is that the White lady attacked with a gun. I do not accept that the attack was racist. But it was still an attack.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:45 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
None of your three options are optimum.
Yeah, the one and only time someone road raged at me I opted to turn up my radio. After about three miles of watching me lip sink Purple Rain, he took an exit.

Edit: Oh wait, there was one other time. There was an accident of a fast-moving busy freeway and I got behind it. I was in a little car and it was early morning still dark out. I was trying to pull into the traffic but he was in a truck with his lights on blinding me. Every time I inched up so did he. I couldn't see. I kept motioning for him to stay back. He was pounding his dashboard screaming at me to go. Finally, I was out of room and pissed so I just went. I could have gotten hit but I didn't. He gets by me and starts his **** and I was so angry I was mouthing back some choice words. When I did that he looked surprised and drove away. I was 35 and attractive enough to presumed completely crazy according to the hot/crazy scale.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:45 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That would of course be untrue. At the point of the gun appearing the White lady is attacking and not defending. She got out of the car with the gun. The Black gals did not open her door or otherwise attack her.
The black woman was attacking the vehicle, forcing it to not leave and rushed white woman when she exited the vehicle. You can use force to repel force you believe is about to be used against you.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:46 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times
LOL you all are still here.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:54 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The black woman was attacking the vehicle, forcing it to not leave and rushed white woman when she exited the vehicle. You can use force to repel force you believe is about to be used against you.
Nope. There was no damage to the vehicle. She simply stopped the driver from running over them.

And the White lady exited the car with weapon drawn and demanded that the Black family get back complete with the expletive.

And yes if one of the Black ladies had been armed they could have offed her with no charges resulting.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:56 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
LOL you all are still here.
Came here to say that then I got sucked back in.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:00 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And I have a problem with an attempt to create a Black racist in order to defend what may well have been a racially motivated attack. I agree it is not shown in the videos but we are not on the scene sensing the ongoing interaction.. Maybe the Black lady is wrong. Maybe she is correct. I doubt we will ever be able to resolve the question.

And the fact, which you appear unable to understand, is that the White lady attacked with a gun. I do not accept that the attack was racist. But it was still an attack.
This particular post of yours is reasonable, I know the post was not directed at me, but I would like to address the bold.

In some settings, words such as “racism” are thrown around all the time. The result is that racism and other “isms” begin to lose their currency.

People are far better off focusing on the behavior than on labeling it. "I think my daughter deserves an apology because you accidentally bumped into her" is really all she had to say, (although I would choose to avoid the confrontation) What's the point of calling this white lady and her husband racist? "dumb a* b" "ignorant" "racist" what is the point of all those words? lol

Let's face it, It’s become such a bad word in our culture. Racist. People may lose their jobs because of that label. You can’t call someone that without getting their heckles up. (NOT saying this is a good reason to point a gun at her)

Old 07-05-2020, 12:01 PM

10,737 posts, read 5,664,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Doesn’t matter who escalated things.. a gun should never be pulled out unless your life is in immediate danger.

Of course some will argue seeing any Black person is an acceptable level of fear but we know that’s not the case.

I hope they enjoy the 3 hots and a cot.
Just stop with that nonsense. No one is making that argument.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:02 PM

926 posts, read 417,185 times
My goodness, 86 pages on this topic...

What is scary, is that it can really happen to anyone, anywhere.
You go to a fast food place, you meet the wrong person who wants to take their anger and racism out on you, and boom! There is a good chance that your life will be ruined, at least temporarily. Your face all over social media, being fired from your job and a lawsuit against you on top of it. Sweet.

How does it feel to be white in America these days? And why did you allow that to happen to you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies