Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 08:05 AM

653 posts, read 222,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The situation the Wuestenbergers are in woman follows them out and demands an apology she bangs on the car and yells at them?
You have to add in the racist black said she was going to cause bodily harm to the innocent white couple and their unborn baby and held them hostage. I know it makes a better story for some to leave out these two important details, but it's all on camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure that is accurate.

Even if the one black woman was hitting the car and potentially even damaging it, the couple in the car was in mortal danger. They could have driven a blaock away to a safer location, called the police, and filed charges against the person who may have damaged their car.
Thus pulling a gun and drawing down on someone, is likely a violation of the law.
How come you are not aware that the racist blacks blocked them in by jumping behind their car, eliminating the possibility of driving to a safer location? The innocent white couple with baby simply wanted to drive away, but the racist blacks would not let them.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:10 AM

35,780 posts, read 21,152,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Given the woman was pregnant would you say a punch or kick to her stomach could lead to the death of the baby? The only answer is yes.

Given that the mother and daughter were making threats to "beat their white azz" and were getting in their face, along with blocking and beating on their car doesn't that give reasonable assumption that they could or would become physically violent against the woman at any moment? The only answer is yes

Given that the couple tried to leave peacefully, but were blocked from doing so and were threatened with violence that the couple at any moment be injured by the window being shattered? Only answer is yes

Given that the daughter repeatedly said "do something! do something" to bait the couple while the mother threatened to beat them, and made it a racial thing, wouldn't you say the mother and daughter were the ones looking to escalate the situation? The only answer is yes.

So let me ask, do you think the woman should have waited to actually be physically assaulted risking the life of her baby or potential physical harm to her before pulling the gun? The only answer especially considering the baby is no.

The mother and daughter, almost seemed happy that the woman pulled a gun with a got ya! attitude, you would think with a gun pulled on ya you wouldn't risk your life further. The mom and daughter were baiting these people hoping to escalate it into a racial thing and gain fame with a video so the media could run another biased news story of how white people being bad against black people with a headline of "white woman draws gun on black woman".
Did the white couple call the police?
Did they stay safely in their car until help arrived?
Did the black lady besides the verbal threat-- touch them or look like she would break the window where the lady sat? Did she have a rock or item to break a window?
The white lady did NOT just pull out the gun -to show she had the gun, or shout-- I have a gun get away-- she pointed it and supposedly cocked to fire, and her hubby came out of his and did the same.

The laws of the state - do not care about how some of you feel about the incident. I do worry about some of you,,, looks like some of you would take a life at the drop of a dime.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:11 AM

13,411 posts, read 7,413,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't think your analysis correct. The woman didn't exactly use deadly force. She only brandish her gun. Also you can legally use force that is less than deadly force before someone actually uses force on you. For example if you reasonably believe someone is charging toward you and physical attack is near, you can push them away, before they take hold or hit you. You are not required to wait until you are being pummeled to defend yourself.
Michigan Compiled Laws §750.234e prohibits individuals from willfully and knowingly brandishing a firearm in public. According to MCL §750.222(c), the term “brandishing” as used in this statute refers to pointing, waving, or displaying a firearm with the intent to cause fear in another person.

My only advice is don't let your emotions run away with you get into verbal disputes. If you carry a gun make yourself feel tough, or to boost your self esteem because you were bullied as a child you will end up wearing an orange jump suit.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There were at least 2 videos that the prosecutor reviewed. Saying that they reviewed the situation from different angles. Were other family members recording?
Yes. Both the racist black mother and daughter were recording their attempt to trigger the innocent white couple with baby by holding them hostage and threatening bodily harm to them.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:16 AM

35,780 posts, read 21,152,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
How come you are not aware that the racist blacks blocked them in by jumping behind their car, eliminating the possibility of driving to a safer location? The innocent white couple with baby simply wanted to drive away, but the racist blacks would not let them.
In your view, she might have been taking the licence plate number - and the guy backed up - maybe not realizing she was there, but in any case the car touched her body...she in turn beat the back window.

Two wrongs will never make a right,,, and by LAW - the white couple are did not do the gun thing right,,, nor store the gun appropriately in the vehicle.. but you don't care about any of that.

Time to look in the mirror folks... how fast would you take a life? because anything could have happened and that gun would have went off.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:38 AM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Did the white couple call the police?
Did they stay safely in their car until help arrived?
Did the black lady besides the verbal threat-- touch them or look like she would break the window where the lady sat? Did she have a rock or item to break a window?
The white lady did NOT just pull out the gun -to show she had the gun, or shout-- I have a gun get away-- she pointed it and supposedly cocked to fire, and her hubby came out of his and did the same.

The laws of the state - do not care about how some of you feel about the incident. I do worry about some of you,,, looks like some of you would take a life at the drop of a dime.
You clearly are internet armchair quarterbacking, looking for a way to make this go in your point of view, this is exactly why we have courts and a jury , because people outside of it want their biased view to be correct regardless. In this case frankly I'm right and your wrong based on the video, the court will decide which of us is correct in the end.

White woman did say call police, to her husband or otherwise to the black woman. As far as staying safely in their car, how can you determine that?, shattering the window instantly make you potentially injured. The mom and daughter were acting and could have done such at any given moment PLUS they blocked the car from leaving.

Pull a gun to defend yourself, do it the right way and be prepared to use it, brandishing a gun is actually more illegal than pulling a gun on someone, if you brandish it it is saying you don't really believe you are in danger, you are just trying to intimidate.

But backtrack a moment, this was all because the woman brushed up or bumped into the daughter, and the mom and daughter took it to the extreme of following them, getting in their face and threatening them, making it a racial thing, baiting them by saying "do something...do something!", and blocking them from leaving peacefully.

All because someone bumped into her. This crap should never have happened it it is ALL the mom and daughters fault for letting it go so far.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:47 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Maybe if it was 1963 Alabama she probably could have shot killed her and got away with it back then.

Yelling at someone even making threats still doesn't give you the right to pull guns. She was not faced with deadly force.

I would bet if you could take a time machine back a day and ask Mrs Wuestenberg if she would pull her gun on someone yelling at her in her face she would tell you know she would leave.

The problem with CCW holders they don't understand how to control these kinds of situations.

Let me give you a scenario your driving down a street and come to an intersection light turns yellow you decide just slow down and stop. The man behind you is irate that you didn't go though the light he could not get around you fast enough. He pulls up next to you and is yelling at you from his car then he follows you to the next light and yells more. Lets say he gets on your bumper a few inches away this goes on for a few miles or more. He is honking and yelling you are armed with a gun what do you do?

1. Hold your gun up so he can see it at the next stop light yell back "Get the " " away from me.

2. You pull your gun put on the seat where you can get it in a hurry and try to stay calm not make eye contact but keep him behind you so in case he is armed you can duck or try to flee the area. Maybe you call police if you can while diving if you have hands free system

3. You floor it and try to loose him run stop lights make illegal u-turns what ever it takes to get away from him.

Give me your answer.
She. Was. Trying. To. Leave. The woman was trying to leave, she kept trying to leave. Why are you ignoring that? I’m sure she thought she (and what appears to be an unborn baby) would be safe once she got in her car and the woman started hitting the car.

No, I do not think she should have pulled a gun, but I understand why she did.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:49 AM

13,618 posts, read 21,425,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do worry about some of you,,, looks like some of you would take a life at the drop of a dime.
That is your projection, in fact once again you are wrong. Most of us hope we are never put in a dangerous or violent situation and take taking a life seriously.

But sometimes trouble comes looking for you regardless, and that is what happened in this case.

Your opinion is the white woman should have waited to actually be physically assaulted before defending herself, which is a little too late especially regarding the baby isn't it?

You are siding with the notion that the mom and daughter were just being loud and threatening but were never gonna punch, kick or injure the woman, I'm siding with the notion that the mom and daughter threatened to become violent, prevented the couple from leaving peacefully, which concludes that at any moment the mom and daughter COULD follow through on a physical assault.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:50 AM

13,411 posts, read 7,413,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You clearly are internet armchair quarterbacking, looking for a way to make this go in your point of view, this is exactly why we have courts and a jury , because people outside of it want their biased view to be correct regardless. In this case frankly I'm right and your wrong based on the video, the court will decide which of us is correct in the end.

White woman did say call police, to her husband or otherwise to the black woman. As far as staying safely in their car, how can you determine that?, shattering the window instantly make you potentially injured. The mom and daughter were acting and could have done such at any given moment PLUS they blocked the car from leaving.

Pull a gun to defend yourself, do it the right way and be prepared to use it, brandishing a gun is actually more illegal than pulling a gun on someone, if you brandish it it is saying you don't really believe you are in danger, you are just trying to intimidate.

But backtrack a moment, this was all because the woman brushed up or bumped into the daughter, and the mom and daughter took it to the extreme of following them, getting in their face and threatening them, making it a racial thing, baiting them by saying "do something...do something!", and blocking them from leaving peacefully.

All because someone bumped into her. This crap should never have happened it it is ALL the mom and daughters fault for letting it go so far.
That's all true but who is facing a felony now? if you carry a gun learn from this. CCW holders need to understand what the risk is. Even if they end up with a brandishing conviction what employer is going to hire them with that kind of record none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies