Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 12:08 AM

13,517 posts, read 7,490,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
She may could have but should not have to. Apparently the biased police would not have done anything to the black woman.
All I know is Mrs Wuestenberg would be home and not in jail, and not having to turn over all their guns as part of their bail deal. Mr Wuestenberg would still have his job too.

Your just trying to justify a way to pull guns on people who make you angry you can't do that. Judges and DA's feel a CCW holder should always try to avoid using their firearm.

If tomorrow you were faced with the same situation would you pull a gun even after seeing what happened here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 12:14 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,914,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
All I know is Mrs Wuestenberg would be home and not in jail, and not having to turn over all their guns as part of their bail deal. Mr Wuestenberg would still have his job too.

Your just trying to justify a way to pull guns on people who make you angry you can't do that. Judges and DA's feel a CCW holder should always try to avoid using their firearm.

If tomorrow you were faced with the same situation would you pull a gun even after seeing what happened here.
I probably wouldn't, but I wouldn't charge or convict someone else in this same situation.

Let me ask this. If it were up to you would you charge or convict her for felonious assault or anything? I get the impression you aren't just saying how you think things are but how you want them to be.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I probably wouldn't, but I wouldn't charge or convict someone else in this same situation.

Let me ask this. If it were up to you would you charge or convict her for felonious assault or anything? I get the impression you aren't just saying how you think things are but how you want them to be.
If I was the DA I would charge her she is breaking the law. I would also charge the other woman with possible disorderly conduct. Nothing to do with race it's about what the law.

In Michigan, you may use deadly force, with no duty to retreat, if you have an honest and reasonable belief that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent death, great bodily harm or sexual assault to yourself or to another individual.

Mrs Wuestenberg was not faced with imminent death, great bodily harm or sexual assault. Just because the black woman said she would beat her ass Mrs Wuestenberg knew that would not happen because she was armed. Another words being armed she actually has no defense to pulling the gun too soon. If Mrs Wuestenberg was 80 years old with a cane and the black lady was in her 20's making these threats in her face going to beat her up now that would be self defense. 80 year old woman could easily be killed or great bodily harm by an attacking younger woman.

Its the same as if your in a bar and guy gets in your face he is still not touching you he hasn't thrown a punch he is drunk saying some bad stuff about you. If you throw the first punch now your assaulting him if he throws a punch maybe he shoves you now you can punch back in self defense. Lets say you hit back he falls down and is on the ground. At this point you have to stop your angry and you kick him a few times break some ribs. Now your going to be charged with crimes.

It's all about reasonable person who is sitting calmly in a court room not in a parking lot with a woman yelling in your face, or in a bar with a drunk in your face. When the tempers calm down now your rational again and the situation changes.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:45 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,442,172 times
Quote:
If your location is correct you live in California my home state I know you never taken any CCW classes because CCW's are not given out in CA unless you have a reason, or are politically connected. Which I'm glad you can't carry because you would end up in jail.

The Wuestenberg's were in the wrong why because she had ways out of the situation didn't involve deadly force as I already explained.

Mrs Wuestenberg allowed her own emotion to get the best of her as you can see no rational person would point a gun into a camera while knowing full well the woman will turn the tables on her.

We have to look at the reason Mrs Wuestenberg pulled her firearm? The reason is CCW holders do not get any training in situations with irate people. Police go though lots of scenario based training where a training officer plays the woman yelling in their face. Hitting their fist on their car these officers need to learn to stay calm and evaluate the level of force needed to control the person. Police are backed by government to deal with irate people. CCW holders have none of these protections courts, judges, prosecutors view CCW holders as someone who should run away before pulling a gun. It's not a job of the CCW holder to police people.

IMO this would be the same in all 50 states the Wuestenberg's would be arrested and charged with a felony.
Are you running for office?

Old 07-05-2020, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Nice high moralistic sentiment. Either you don't actually carry a gun, or you've got prison in your future.

The truth of reality is is: If you're carrying a gun and want to avoid more trouble than your Visa card can handle...just walk away.
Kind of hard to do when your freedom of movement is being impeded.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You also have a responsibility not to escalate a situation to a danger level. Best to leave before someone gets hurt.
Generally you have a responsibility to heal and not harm the planet. And pay taxes. And be a good parent.
You managed to hit all the cultural Marxism talking points.

Well done.

Old 07-05-2020, 12:54 AM

Quote:
If I was the DA I would charge her she is breaking the law. I would also charge the other woman with possible disorderly conduct. Nothing to do with race it's about what the law.

In Michigan, you may use deadly force, with no duty to retreat, if you have an honest and reasonable belief that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent death, great bodily harm or sexual assault to yourself or to another individual.

Mrs Wuestenberg was not faced with imminent death, great bodily harm or sexual assault. Just because the black woman said she would beat her ass Mrs Wuestenberg knew that would not happen because she was armed. Another words being armed she actually has no defense to pulling the gun too soon. If Mrs Wuestenberg was 80 years old with a cane and the black lady was in her 20's making these threats in her face going to beat her up now that would be self defense. 80 year old woman could easily be killed or great bodily harm by an attacking younger woman.

Its the same as if your in a bar and guy gets in your face he is still not touching you he hasn't thrown a punch he is drunk saying some bad stuff about you. If you throw the first punch now your assaulting him if he throws a punch maybe he shoves you now you can punch back in self defense. Lets say you hit back he falls down and is on the ground. At this point you have to stop your angry and you kick him a few times break some ribs. Now your going to be charged with crimes.

It's all about reasonable person who is sitting calmly in a court room not in a parking lot with a woman yelling in your face, or in a bar with a drunk in your face. When the tempers calm down now your rational again and the situation changes.
Did you see this on CSI?

Old 07-05-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you running for office?
Heck no but I have a CCW and also owned a business where had to transport expensive items. I was once an ATM repair tech opened ATM's 10pm at night had 275k dollars cash in them. Only did that job for a short time I always carried. Even in those jobs I would avoid bad situations like one ATM I had where a 4 foot wall obscured the view from the ATM it was in a bad area. The company I worked for had another employee pistol whipped during the daytime ended up with brain damage when he opened the ATM to pull the deposits out. I would avoid working on it at night.

Always avoid situations if I saw someone getting robbed on the street I would not try to intervene with my own firearm I would pull over call the police try to get a plate or description.

CCW holders need to understand they are not the police they have no protection which the police have.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Heck no but I have a CCW and also owned a business where had to transport expensive items. I was once an ATM repair tech opened ATM's 10pm at night had 275k dollars cash in them. Only did that job for a short time I always carried. Even in those jobs I would avoid bad situations like one ATM I had where a 4 foot wall obscured the view from the ATM it was in a bad area. The company I worked for had another employee pistol whipped during the daytime ended up with brain damage when he opened the ATM to pull the deposits out. I would avoid working on it at night.

Always avoid situations if I saw someone getting robbed on the street I would not try to intervene with my own firearm I would pull over call the police try to get a plate or description.

CCW holders need to understand they are not the police they have no protection which the police have.
Interesting.

Do you agree with the paradigm that says police have "protection" that non-State agents don't have?

Old 07-05-2020, 01:13 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,914,785 times
Quote:

I don't think your analysis correct. The woman didn't exactly use deadly force. She only brandish her gun. Also you can legally use force that is less than deadly force before someone actually uses force on you. For example if you reasonably believe someone is charging toward you and physical attack is near, you can push them away, before they take hold or hit you. You are not required to wait until you are being pummeled to defend yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies