Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 09:00 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She. Was. Trying. To. Leave. The woman was trying to leave, she kept trying to leave. Why are you ignoring that? I’m sure she thought she (and what appears to be an unborn baby) would be safe once she got in her car and the woman started hitting the car.

No, I do not think she should have pulled a gun, but I understand why she did.
The mom appears to have been leaving with her back turned when the driver backed into her. Then she hit the window to warn the driver they were in the way. There is no evidence that the Black family stopped the couple from leaving. Just objected to being run over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 09:04 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Michigan Compiled Laws §750.234e prohibits individuals from willfully and knowingly brandishing a firearm in public. According to MCL §750.222(c), the term “brandishing” as used in this statute refers to pointing, waving, or displaying a firearm with the intent to cause fear in another person.

My only advice is don't let your emotions run away with you get into verbal disputes. If you carry a gun make yourself feel tough, or to boost your self esteem because you were bullied as a child you will end up wearing an orange jump suit.
Along with-- follow all the rules!!

Guns in Vehicles in Michigan. ... Generally, a person may not transport or have in his or her possession a firearm in or upon a vehicle, unless the firearm is unloaded and the gun is enclosed in a case, unloaded and carried in the trunk of a vehicle, or unloaded in a motorized boat.Nov 18, 2019

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/guns-...torized%20boat.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That's all true but who is facing a felony now? if you carry a gun learn from this. CCW holders need to understand what the risk is. Even if they end up with a brandishing conviction what employer is going to hire them with that kind of record none.
In this thread, I just said this so see where I stand on the responsibility of being armed

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...guy-but-7.html

As far as facing a felony, first of the position of where the officials of said city or area stand politically can determine who and why someone gets arrested or not, it just is that way, fact is a anti gun police chief or mayor will be biased against a gun owner right off the bat, in the end the courts will decide and being charged with a felony of course doesn't mean a conviction of one.

BUT it goes back to the moment in time when faced with a irate angry in person threatening violence, you can choose to wait and see if they actually follow through which then it's too late to protect yourself and the baby, we saw how a man pushed backward can can easily fall to the ground a receive head/brain injury, we ALL know that a sucker punch or kick to a pregnant woman can lead to the loss of life of the baby. What was this woman suppose to take a chance with?

here is what I said in the other thread....

"Most of us hope we are never put in a bad situation. Which situational awareness is as important as being armed. A gun won't help if you are caught off guard.

I' not trying come across as preaching just want to give some advice, To get serious a moment.

Rules of safety always, watch were you point it, always verify if it is unloaded before general handling or cleaning, make sure to get practice time in to become familiar with your weapon.

My advice for home defense. If ever you believe you have a intruder...

If all loved ones are counted for stay in your bedroom, call police, shout out loud "I have a gun!, the police are on the way, go away!". If the intruder chooses to enter your room, well then it is your decision what comes next. Leave the phone call to 911 active, let it be recorded, don't ever say things like "I'll kill you" or some other hostile kind of remark, let it be recorded because if you DO have to defend yourself the courts and police will have to review it, and you don't want to look like you were looking for a fight. Don't say anything to the cops when they arrive, tell them you will be happy to help once you speak to a lawyer. Let the cops know where you are in the home, it may be a good idea to let them know where a key is or throw it outside the window so they can get in.

If you have family you need to secure in various areas of the home it becomes even more dangerous, because a intruder can get the drop on you as you sweep your home. Use trigger control, you will be scared, adrenaline will be rushing, it might be the middle of the night you are half asleep or maybe you had a party earlier with friends, a 5 pound trigger pull becomes nothing with all this, too many times a person has shot a loved one thinking it was a intruder as they swept and secured their home.

Regarding outside the home if you carry, we are recently seeing reports of people pulling guns at parking lots, or outside homes against angry people, know your local laws on defense, or you might go to jail

Old 07-05-2020, 09:14 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You clearly are internet armchair quarterbacking, looking for a way to make this go in your point of view, this is exactly why we have courts and a jury , because people outside of it want their biased view to be correct regardless. In this case frankly I'm right and your wrong based on the video, the court will decide which of us is correct in the end.

White woman did say call police, to her husband or otherwise to the black woman. As far as staying safely in their car, how can you determine that?, shattering the window instantly make you potentially injured. The mom and daughter were acting and could have done such at any given moment PLUS they blocked the car from leaving.

Pull a gun to defend yourself, do it the right way and be prepared to use it, brandishing a gun is actually more illegal than pulling a gun on someone, if you brandish it it is saying you don't really believe you are in danger, you are just trying to intimidate.

But backtrack a moment, this was all because the woman brushed up or bumped into the daughter, and the mom and daughter took it to the extreme of following them, getting in their face and threatening them, making it a racial thing, baiting them by saying "do something...do something!", and blocking them from leaving peacefully.

All because someone bumped into her. This crap should never have happened it it is ALL the mom and daughters fault for letting it go so far.
If you see all my posts -I said the Judge or jury will decide the case--- many times.
The white couple as arrested- the police must had cause.
Blockage of the car,,, a matter of opinion... forensics will break down the video and there might be cameras at Chipotle...
Those videos at Wendy's eventually showed exactly who threw that cocktail to light the place up.
Give it time to get all their information.
But as some only have one narrative, I don't see it that way and it doesn't matter to me what color any of them are. I see action- reaction. And its costing them dearly- would not be surprised the black people also get death threats.. Americans love that

Old 07-05-2020, 09:18 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
In this thread, I just said this so see where I stand on the responsibility of being armed

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...guy-but-7.html

As far as facing a felony, first of the position of where the officials of said city or area stand politically can determine who and why someone gets arrested or not, it just is that way, fact is a anti gun police chief or mayor will be biased against a gun owner right off the bat, in the end the courts will decide and being charged with a felony of course doesn't mean a conviction of one.

BUT it goes back to the moment in time when faced with a irate angry in person threatening violence, you can choose to wait and see if they actually follow through which then it's too late to protect yourself and the baby, we saw how a man pushed backward can can easily fall to the ground a receive head/brain injury, we ALL know that a sucker punch or kick to a pregnant woman can lead to the loss of life of the baby. What was this woman suppose to take a chance with?

here is what I said in the other thread....

"Most of us hope we are never put in a bad situation. Which situational awareness is as important as being armed. A gun won't help if you are caught off guard.

I' not trying come across as preaching just want to give some advice, To get serious a moment.

Rules of safety always, watch were you point it, always verify if it is unloaded before general handling or cleaning, make sure to get practice time in to become familiar with your weapon.

My advice for home defense. If ever you believe you have a intruder...

If all loved ones are counted for stay in your bedroom, call police, shout out loud "I have a gun!, the police are on the way, go away!". If the intruder chooses to enter your room, well then it is your decision what comes next. Leave the phone call to 911 active, let it be recorded, don't ever say things like "I'll kill you" or some other hostile kind of remark, let it be recorded because if you DO have to defend yourself the courts and police will have to review it, and you don't want to look like you were looking for a fight. Don't say anything to the cops when they arrive, tell them you will be happy to help once you speak to a lawyer. Let the cops know where you are in the home, it may be a good idea to let them know where a key is or throw it outside the window so they can get in.

If you have family you need to secure in various areas of the home it becomes even more dangerous, because a intruder can get the drop on you as you sweep your home. Use trigger control, you will be scared, adrenaline will be rushing, it might be the middle of the night you are half asleep or maybe you had a party earlier with friends, a 5 pound trigger pull becomes nothing with all this, too many times a person has shot a loved one thinking it was a intruder as they swept and secured their home.

Regarding outside the home if you carry, we are recently seeing reports of people pulling guns at parking lots, or outside homes against angry people, know your local laws on defense, or you might go to jail
I read your other post I have had a CCW since the 1994 back then I got really good training legal part was by a AZ Supreme court Judge who just retired. Today lot of these quick classes, and now in AZ anyone can carry without a license. The NRA has pumped lot of people to pack but have very little knowledge about the legal system how it really works. DA's have little oversight, unlimited resource, and often politically motivated as they are elected officials. Then they find themselves facing a felony loss of their job in this case the husband was fired all over a parking-lot dispute. My advice to you since you do carry if you don't have deep pockets get some legal defense insurance even if you feel that have a good handle on it anything can happen you could end up even being sued over it.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:20 AM

653 posts, read 221,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
In your view, she might have been taking the licence plate number - and the guy backed up - maybe not realizing she was there, but in any case the car touched her body...she in turn beat the back window.

Two wrongs will never make a right,,, and by LAW - the white couple are did not do the gun thing right,,, nor store the gun appropriately in the vehicle.. but you don't care about any of that.

Time to look in the mirror folks... how fast would you take a life? because anything could have happened and that gun would have went off.
Answer me this. If you are choosing to ignore the video and claim she was just getting the license plate number, why would she need the license plate number in the first place? What did the innocent white couple with baby do to the racist blacks before the racist blacks got behind their car?

How do you know how they stored the gun in the car? How do you know if they store it properly or not?

Old 07-05-2020, 09:22 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Doesn’t matter who escalated things.. a gun should never be pulled out unless your life is in immediate danger.

Of course some will argue seeing any Black person is an acceptable level of fear but we know that’s not the case.

I hope they enjoy the 3 hots and a cot.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The mom appears to have been leaving with her back turned when the driver backed into her. Then she hit the window to warn the driver they were in the way. There is no evidence that the Black family stopped the couple from leaving. Just objected to being run over.
Except for two videos that show everything you just posted is completely false and made up, so there's that.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Along with-- follow all the rules!!

Guns in Vehicles in Michigan. ... Generally, a person may not transport or have in his or her possession a firearm in or upon a vehicle, unless the firearm is unloaded and the gun is enclosed in a case, unloaded and carried in the trunk of a vehicle, or unloaded in a motorized boat.Nov 18, 2019

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/guns-...torized%20boat.
You keep claiming they were not storing the gun properly. How do you know they did not have it in a case in the car with the clip out, before they took it out? Why do you assume they didn't? Do you have in car video?

Your assumptions are showing your liberal bias.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
If you see all my posts -I said the Judge or jury will decide the case--- many times.
The white couple as arrested- the police must had cause.
Blockage of the car,,, a matter of opinion... forensics will break down the video and there might be cameras at Chipotle...
Those videos at Wendy's eventually showed exactly who threw that cocktail to light the place up.
Give it time to get all their information.
But as some only have one narrative, I don't see it that way and it doesn't matter to me what color any of them are. I see action- reaction. And its costing them dearly- would not be surprised the black people also get death threats.. Americans love that
Just like the police had cause to do what they did to George Floyd? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies