Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:40 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The objection to Mount Rushmore is the American Indians. I am not aware the Democrats have taken any position on it. It is interesting though. Should the American Indians have a voice in a monument to 4 American white guys on their sacred territory?

that is the issue. Do we give minority groups any say in what goes on in their territory?
Are you American Indian?

Old 07-04-2020, 03:17 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Bernie sanders lol.

That loser couldn’t even get the nomination, TWICE

yea maybe radical leftist joe could also win a debate against a wal mart greeter. Lol.

He will get obliterated when he finally faces a real man with a functioning brain.
My guess is he will give up half way through and walk off the stage.

I must have missed the memo, who's replacing Trump?

Old 07-04-2020, 07:50 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one cares about the debates except Trump supporters. Most have their minds made up, like you. Anyone who relies on the debates to make their decision are really uninformed about politics.
This is a good point. Never mind that Biden is likely to smoke Trump in the debate anyway. Trumpers are really clutching at pearls with this "dementia" thing.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:54 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Went off to view the Trump visit to Mount Rushmore.

Started off with extreme and ecstatic joy. Actually stood up when the SD National Guard played the medley of service songs. When they got to the Army I actually stood up with tears running down my face. They hit my patriotic bone with a hammer.

Then it went well with the SD people and the Governor. Some politics but quite inclusive.

Then Trump and the hate came out. The Trumpish audience loved it. But the rest of America shed tears as he tore the country apart.

So very sad. It could have been an epic call the country together. Instead a partisan hate session.

Guarantees Trump's doom I think. But still terribly sad. A wonderful opportunity for Trump to pull us together. But instead the big crowbar.

If you think that Trump's speech was divisive, then you're everything that's wrong with America.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:00 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
After his speech and during the fireworks...which were for me destroyed by the Trump speech.
well, you certainly went into it expecting to find great fault.

I didn't think the speech did what it could have. I didn't see any need to hit on campaign points (like the wall).

I was hopeful - and thus disappointed - that in this moment he'd speak more about liberty and the black people. Something like

"Our Founding Fathers were great, but they were not perfect. They were men of their time. We cannot erase that history, but we should always be learning from it. When you say "justice for all" and "all men were created equal", we cannot forget that this didn't apply to black people. It took another 90 years for blacks just to get their liberty, but our nation has struggled with true justice and equality."

Old 07-04-2020, 08:02 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If you think that Trump's speech was divisive, then you're everything that's wrong with America.
^^^^^This. He is only parroting what the vast majority of Media outlets are saying. They are far left and a huge problem for our country today. Trump and Noem nailed it.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:03 AM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one cares about the debates except Trump supporters.
We know Biden supporters fear the debates, as you should.

Quote:
Most have their minds made up, like you.
And you.

Quote:
Anyone who relies on the debates to make their decision are really uninformed about politics.
First you say that people already have their minds made up and now you say they are waiting on the debates to make their decisions. Can't make this stuff up. Haha!

Biden is going to get smoked in the debates. You know this, everyone knows this.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Hey, I saw Biden debate Bernie Sanders. Biden didn't do bad at all.
As VP hopefuls, Biden and Paul Ryan debated in 2012. Biden was so goofy it completely threw Paul Ryan off his game.

I don’t see an upside to Biden debating Trump. Think it likely it might compel more people to not vote for POTUS.

I would have made participation contingent on Trump delivering on his 2016 promises to release his tax returns.
Trump could have chosen to be honest and declined to release his returns. Instead, he chose to lie for political gain. Trump alone controls the release of his returns.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
From reviewing your posts you are a Never Trumper with TDS, so why would you expect to have any credibility about Trump's speech. He could have said, 3000.00 to every American, and I have a cure for cancer, and you'd complain he wrecked the budget and put cancer Drs out of work.
Right here.

If Trump said that the sun rises in the east, the left would do their best to convince you that it doesn't.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:07 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
well, you certainly went into it expecting to find great fault.

I didn't think the speech did what it could have. I didn't see any need to hit on campaign points (like the wall).

I was hopeful - and thus disappointed - that in this moment he'd speak more about liberty and the black people. Something like

"Our Founding Fathers were great, but they were not perfect. They were men of their time. We cannot erase that history, but we should always be learning from it. When you say "justice for all" and "all men were created equal", we cannot forget that this didn't apply to black people. It took another 90 years for blacks just to get their liberty, but our nation has struggled with true justice and equality."
That would have been great, but Trump doesn't have it in him to speak words that would be gracious and unifying in that manner. They're not in his internal makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies