Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 09:09 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Do white supremacist also celebrate Canada's Independence on July 1st?
Her and her “folksy” smack talk and devil’s advocacy are just darling, aren’t they? She comes from Canada, the whitest country in North America, and yet has so much contempt for white Americans. Charming addition to our population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 09:11 AM

1,781 posts, read 958,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Her and her “folksy” smack talk and devil’s advocacy are just darling, aren’t they? She comes from Canada, the whitest country in North America, and yet has so much contempt for white Americans. Charming addition to our population.
Precisely. And she’s probably whiter than both of us.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:12 AM

204 posts, read 185,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No.. the kids will embrace all colors and put a halt to racism... We made laws - but they will carry them out because they have a different mind set.
I am being personally being attacked on this forum because we believe in equality. Not white not black not anything,,, we are all human beings and should do better at getting along. We must be equal citizens of this country given the SAME opportunities. Right here on this forum, you can see that far from the truth in this country at present.
My apologies no attack intended. I too wish for the day skin color is something to be celebrated, not hated. I too believe the youth of today may be the first generation to actually see true equality. The intent of my previous post was only to highlight the danger in actually erasing the bad times, which could come back to haunt us if we can't see the damage it actually caused.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Precisely. And she’s probably whiter than both of us.
Canadians earn the less-than-savory reputation they often receive with their constant criticism of America coupled with dead silence about the foibles of their native country. It’s a national pastime for them.

Don’t believe me? Go to the Canada forum and witness the lack of conversation about their own problems. They are far more content to wag their finger at us instead.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:18 AM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We need to remove the root of the racism back in history.. that was the democrat party who birthed the KKK and the Jim Crow Laws.. The statues are not the threat.. it is the democratic party.
Yes it was. The stinking thinking has to go. However- all politics are involved because the root is BIG MONEY -

Old 07-05-2020, 09:22 AM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckriverkid View Post
My apologies no attack intended. I too wish for the day skin color is something to be celebrated, not hated. I too believe the youth of today may be the first generation to actually see true equality. The intent of my previous post was only to highlight the danger in actually erasing the bad times, which could come back to haunt us if we can't see the damage it actually caused.
I love my parents, we never saw colors...and I've taught my family the same. All people are worthy of respect,. I I have traveled when Hubby was in the military, and in our free nation,,, this is inequality is absurd!! As a woman 67- I know what it feels like to not be equal in the job front. It's got to stop.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Canadians earn the less-than-savory reputation they often receive with their constant criticism of America coupled with dead silence about the foibles of their native country. It’s a national pastime for them.

Don’t believe me? Go to the Canada forum and witness the lack of conversation about their own problems. They are far more content to wag their finger at us instead.
Kind of like the headline I saw from The Guardian with an op-Ed saying that Juneteenth is our real Independence Day, not July 4th. This from people who have never even heard of Juneteenth until a few weeks ago. What the heck does someone from England have to say about our Independence Day anyway? It’s all the BLM movement that explicitly says on their website that they are only concerned with black lives, no matter what country they reside in. It’s an international black lives movement and not an American civil rights movement.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I love my parents, we never saw colors...and I've taught my family the same. All people are worthy of respect,. I I have traveled when Hubby was in the military, and in our free nation,,, this is inequality is absurd!! As a woman 67- I know what it feels like to not be equal in the job front. It's got to stop.
Uh oh, according to the author of White Fragility you just showed you are a racist.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Kind of like the headline I saw from The Guardian with an op-Ed saying that Juneteenth is our real Independence Day, not July 4th. This from people who have never even heard of Juneteenth until a few weeks ago. What the heck does someone from England have to say about our Independence Day anyway? It’s all the BLM movement that explicitly says on their website that they are only concerned with black lives, no matter what country they reside in. It’s an international black lives movement and not an American civil rights movement.
My sister lives in Australia. She’s been there 25 years. She sends us headlines that make the most RIDICULOUS claims about America. She says it’s no joke - sitting around with a pint having a critical conversation about America - a place most Australians will never even visit in their lifetime - is indeed a common pastime.

This is what globalism brings? A planet-wide circle jerk of criticism? Blech.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
My sister lives in Australia. She’s been there 25 years. She sends us headlines that make the most RIDICULOUS claims about America. She says it’s no joke - sitting around with a pint having a critical conversation about America - a place most Australians will never even visit in their lifetime - is indeed a common pastime.

This is what globalism brings? A planet-wide circle jerk of criticism? Blech.
Well, we are the major super power now and that comes with the territory. I have no problem with them being critical. I just wish they were not being bombarded by America-hating media from our own country on a constant basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies