Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 05:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,404,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
It happens. Where do you go when arrested? And if you have money can post bail, and if not? One calls the police to report some type of "crime" has occurred. ---

White people keep calling the cops on black people for no reason. That’s dangerous.
Calling 911 means different things to white and black people.

And when white people call law enforcement on people of color for unnecessary reasons, they are adding to an existing problem, since minority groups are more likely to face police violence or harsh punishment from the justice system.

proof of persistent racial divisions in the US. And those divisions, which include assumptions of black guilt in the most minor of circumstances, lead to more policing — part of a much larger problem.
https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/...lence-911-bias

The problem is that there is often ample good reason to call the cops on a Black person, and there is now willful conflation of appropriate and inappropriate times to do that.

Black people aren't more likely to face police violence on a per interaction basis. Black people commit crime at a higher rate than any other group, and face more Police violence due to that fact. Get your group crime rate down and begin living in peace.

Calling 911 only means something different for criminals.

What is going to happen, as a result of the Black political Will to agitate for lesser Policing of their criminals and prosecution of people who call the cops because they feel threatened by probable (and likely) Black predators, is going to be a large scale avoidance of casual social inter-racial interaction with unknown Black people. It is a pure risk avoidance equation, as there will be nothing to gain from the increased exposure to physical risk. Have fun with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 05:11 PM

"Karen" is an institutionally supported racial and gender term meant to create institutional support toward law and order changes that will expose White Women to more risk of violent crime.

That's some thanks for the traditionally higher White female support of POC interests in elections.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:21 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,403,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
"Karen" is an institutionally supported racial and gender term meant to create institutional support toward law and order changes that will expose White Women to more risk of violent crime.

That's some thanks for the traditionally higher White female support of POC interests in elections.
I think there is hatred of white women for various reasons. Overall I think white females are less likely to be racist than white males.

I also wonder if it's some kind of retribution against white women who were sexually assaulted/raped and chose to press charges against the men who violated them. Bill Cosby's wife has said the "me too" movement is a racist movement, she seems to believe that only black males are ever accused of rape. I guess she never heard of Harvey Weinstein, Epstein, etc.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think there is hatred of white women for various reasons. Overall I think white females are less likely to be racist than white males.

I also wonder if it's some kind of retribution against white women who were sexually assaulted/raped and chose to press charges against the men who violated them. Bill Cosby's wife has said the "me too" movement is a racist movement, she seems to believe that only black males are ever accused of rape. I guess she never heard of Harvey Weinstein, Epstein, etc.
I think that's valid.

My intuition tells me that the overall purpose is to further induce widespread social instability.

There is no better way to do that than to stoke the emotions of predators, who now perceive much more vulnerable prey, and to make White Women more afraid of the average Black man on the street.

Downstream effects:
agitated White men and women.
An emboldened predator set who will continue to push for ever more social instability through policy change that seeks to protect predators.
Increase in sexual victimization rates and other violent crime against all women.
An exponential increase in clickbait headlines and cash for the propaganda outlets ("A Karen called the Police on a (drunk) homeless man today who asked her for directions (assaulted her)".

Old 07-07-2020, 05:34 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,702,474 times
Until we see a name for black, hispanic, asian etc. women "Karen" will be deemed racist towards white women.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:55 PM

19,693 posts, read 12,270,002 times
I'm nervous about younger conservative white men lately, as they are often not law and order types or gentlemen like previous generations of conservative men and they do not defend white women.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:57 PM

39,262 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I'm nervous about younger conservative white men lately, as they are often not law and order types or gentlemen like previous generations of conservative men and they do not defend white women.
I worry about this country, period.

We all need to defend our fellow Americans. Wrong is wrong.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:02 PM

15,893 posts, read 6,354,476 times
I called a guy at work a Karen when he bought a set of tires at Walmart then brought them to Sam's Club to have them installed. When they told him he couldn't do that he asked to speak to the manager. He said he preferred to be called a Kevin.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:05 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,131,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Until we see a name for black, hispanic, asian etc. women "Karen" will be deemed racist towards white women.
Lashwan, Tangula, and Daryle

Old 07-07-2020, 06:09 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,222,417 times
Haha more collectivist stuff. I will continue to be an individual and not take to heart what people say about people who share a similar skin tone as me. I will continue to treat others as individuals and not prescribe bulbs!t labels on them based upon what someone else tells me to think and believe.

This stupid nonsense about reducing people’s very individual characteristics down to their race is a really dumb thing to do. Only low grade morons buy into beliefs that say your skin tone says a lot about you as a person. If people want to joke about this, then I don’t have a problem with it. I watch Karen video compilations on youtube. I just like to see how the confrontations and entitled attitudes, but I don’t think this is something that exists with all white women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies