Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:06 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The only reason anyone lives in America is because it is rich. The only reason people want to immigrate here is for money. My question was, what does democracy really have to do with it? China isn't a Democracy and it is doing much better than most democracies.
By what measure? Certainly not personal or expressive freedoms. They've locked up over a million Uhgyurs and are force-breeding them.

Not that I think Islam is great, and applaud efforts to reduce its influence on society.... but that's pretty damned horrific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz
You are making superficial observations without understanding how we got here. The Soviet Union was the first into space, and pretty much everything else other than landing a man on the moon. So what?
The Soviet Union made contributions to humanity that were science based, and nothing else.

The USA - its very founding and revolution - served as inspiration to untold billions since.

Quote:

Has television, cell phones, and the internet really made life better? Seems like America is less happy than it's ever been. Should I be grateful?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...mes-180975123/
The beauty of America is that you are free to forgo ALLLLLL of that. And nobody will bother you about it. Ask the Amish.

There is no government official forcing you to work in a job you don't want, or to live somewhere you don't want, or restricting where you can and cannot go.

THAT sort of thing happens in China, especially with its "social credit system" that you think is far superior to the way things are in the USA.

Quote:
America is losing its empire. We are being forced to pull back all over the world. Countries are allying with China and Russia, or they've become sufficiently rich that they no longer need us. The United States is become slowly isolated. and this pandemic could be its downfall. Especially if the dollar collapses from the weight of all the spending and the contraction of the economy.
Good. America shouldn't have an Empire. It should focus its energy on the western countries that support it, and work to improve the lot of the countries in the Americas. I'd shift all off shore manufacturing to Latin America.

Quote:
I'm opposed to all immigration, even retrospectively.

Eh, well, that's an extreme position, but you are free to have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 09:49 AM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What is funny about Omar's low IQ reasoning is that this precise political system is absolutely the only thing that makes her presence here possible. Or gives BLM or anything associated with it enough freedom to be able to protest in the manner that they do. Both situations are highly unusual, and only the result of this specific form of advanced civilization.

Their current comfort is only and precisely a result of only this advanced system. Reverting this system to literally anything else will result in the immediate oppression of various freedoms and privileges, but especially those that allow her contingent to be heard.

Well said.
But of course the leftist Democrats are circling the wagons around her again, yet call everyone who does not agree with them a _____ist, _____phone, etc.
If you are a Democrat (especially a woman or minority) you can say vile things and be excused for it. Yet let a Republican say 1/100 of what the (D's) do, and they must be brought to their knees before having their life ruined.

These so called "Justice Democrats" are a scary bunch. If you watch the video I posted, some of the people they look up to and admire were some of the worst tyrants to live. Whether it be Cenk Uygur who admires a regime that attempted Armenian genocide, or Saikat Chakrabarti admiring a man who dreamed publicly about a Maxist Nazism merger, to run a society.

With that in mind, can you imagine how the Democrats would label an R associated with such vile kooks?
Yet when it is one of their own (part of the "Squad") they cower and whistle while walking past the graveyard.
The irony of course is that this new political movement that Omar is a part of, only put Democrat in their name, to make it seem as if the Justice Democrats are in some way aligned.
In reality their founders/leaders have publicly stated they want to overthrow the Democrats from within.

I am no longer a fan of the Democrat party, but the "Jusctice Democrats" make Pelosi & Schumer look moderate.

`

Old 07-08-2020, 09:49 AM

11,278 posts, read 11,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
xenophobe alert^

You say that like it's a bad thing. Why?

There's a lot of people in other countries who dislike Americans. That's their right. They don't have to come here and we don't have to go there.

If I moved to another country I wouldn't expect to have all the same rights natives do. There are certain things and compromises you learn to accept and live with. It's a fair trade off.

Only in leftie land does everything have to be equal across the board.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

There's a lot of people in other countries who dislike Americans. That's their right. They don't have to come here and we don't have to go there.

If I moved to another country I wouldn't expect to have all the same rights natives do. There are certain things and compromises you learn to accept and live with. It's a fair trade off.

Being a xenphobe is bad.... but being a xenoPHILE is supposed to be a good.

Same coin, different sides.... but only one perspective is deemed bad. "Openness" is not always a positive trait. No matter what liberals try to tell themselves. And the truth is, about 50% of the country is NOT Xenophilic, even if the ones who govern, are.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:59 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

I was born here. I don’t have the right to do whatever I want. Most people in the US seem to think they do, but that’s what is deserved because of US history and its heavy emphasis on social status.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:02 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
We will find out soon. Nancy Pelosi has total control of any/ all Bills that come to the House Floor.
IF this abomination lands on the House Floor OR passes any Committee .... it’s on the head of every Democrat, starting with House Leader Pelosi.

The Breathe Act is ( according to their website) The BREATHE Act is a project of the Movement
For Black Lives’ 501(c)4 Electoral Justice Project.

Read it Here

It covers everything from abolishing ALL Law Enforcement, Green New Deal, Guaranteed Income, Free housing, all Debt Forgiveness, Abolishing ICE, Abolishing the DEA, Abolishing all Borders, Free Education- FREE-FREE-FREE, CLOSING ALL Jails and Prisons, releasing all Prisoners .... they didn’t forget the Military either.

And putting Community Organizers in charge of pretty much everything.
That’s freedom, but leave out the community organizers being in charge. Every man, woman, and child on their own.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:06 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,807,496 times
Sounds like a bunch of Okay Boomers railing against change again. I know it's scary, but corporate America had their turn raping and pillaging and destroying the middle class. Our country was far more better off with a solid middle class. We need to restore it. Sometimes change really is good and it's time for all of these old people to get out and let the young ones take over. It's their world and their old age that we are shaping for them, and that's not right. Let them choose. None of us will be here to see it.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sounds like a bunch of Okay Boomers railing against change again. I know it's scary, but corporate America had their turn raping and pillaging and destroying the middle class. Our country was far more better off with a solid middle class. We need to restore it. Sometimes change really is good and it's time for all of these old people to get out and let the young ones take over. It's their world and their old age that we are shaping for them, and that's not right. Let them choose. None of us will be here to see it.
So long as us younger folk get to defund your social security to fund the new world we want. Redistribute it to wipe out student loans.

You good with that, old white liberals?

Old 07-08-2020, 10:58 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If you outsource the low-skill, low-wage jobs and retain only the high-skill, high-wage jobs, then what about all the low-average people who do not have the mental capacity to do high-skill, high-wage jobs? Just put them all on government assistance?
Isn't the Republicans supposed to be the party of "lifting one up by the boots strap"????????

There are always going to be people who struggle to keep up with with a fast booming economy. There is never going to be a perfect solution on what to do, but we cannot stall our economy just so we have plenty of jobs for the lowest tier. That's doing a disservice to the rest of the work force and means the country is not living up to its full potential.

This is where social safety net such as healthcare, affordable housing, and UBI comes in. The liberals' solutions is to ensure even those who cannot keep up at least manages to not have to live on the streets. That in the end, the productivity and the dollar earned with an economy at full potential out weights the cost of taking care of the lowest tier.

Last edited by beb0p; 07-08-2020 at 11:15 AM..

Old 07-08-2020, 11:07 AM

24,516 posts, read 17,265,170 times
UGH . we haven't heard much recently from Omar and her fellow squad members but here we go again with their anti American nonsense.

I don't know what will be worse, if Biden wins and he gives a real voice to Lefty Loons like Omar and AOC,, heck he will probably put them on his "rainbow" cabinet OR if Trump wins and the Lefty Loons carry on for another 4 years with their doom and gloom nonsense and Anti American babble?

The future is looking really bleak. Well it was a good run America, Thank you for memories...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies