Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 03:47 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Smog alerts happen all the time. This new stupidity may require new classification of moron alert. Signs flashing that complete idiots are having a party in the middle of the freeway ahead. Travel with caution or be jailed.

Might be time for everyone to get cow catchers for these baffoons.

The first company that comes out with a remote controlled manure sprayer that you can mount on the roof of your car is gonna make a fortune.

I'd go for the deluxe model with 360° rotation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 04:05 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Blocking roads is not only illegal, but inherently stupid.

Blocking roads and trapping people in what is easily perceived as a life threatening situation is terroristic. Running them down is always the right thing to do.

IMHO... The driver should be given an award, not held on bail.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bail-one-...tle-protesters
Do you really not know that pedestrians have the right of way? That the driver removed a barricade and drive into people in purpose?

I am sure you do but but Trumpism and myopic vision to hand in hand.

Not to mention you now want to give awards for assault and murder.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Do you really not know that pedestrians have the right of way? That the driver removed a barricade and drive into people in purpose?

"Pedestrians" aren't allowed on the highway.

There are no sidewalks, crosswalks or traffic lights.

Highways are for MOTOR VEHICLE traffic.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:57 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Pedestrians" aren't allowed on the highway.

There are no sidewalks, crosswalks or traffic lights.

Highways are for MOTOR VEHICLE traffic.
That is exactly why all of them should be arrested, in addition to the driver being arrested for murder.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:04 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
why would bail be $1.2MM, unless they knew he was wealthy enough to cover the bond (presumably 120K)?
I have no idea. What is the norm for setting bail in similar cases?

I wasn't commenting on the amount of bail, I was addressing the OP's question about "why should the driver be charged".

Old 07-09-2020, 06:53 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That is exactly why all of them should be arrested, in addition to the driver being arrested for murder.
I am sick of people wanting us to ignore the rule of law to appease political concerns like the cop getting overcharged in Atlanta with Rayshard Brooks and now this.

What evidence is there that Kelente committed murder on purpose, instead of a tragic mistake like manslaughter?

Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am sick of people wanting us to ignore the rule of law to appease political concerns like the cop getting overcharged in Atlanta with Rayshard Brooks and now this.

What evidence is there that Kelente committed murder on purpose, instead of a tragic mistake like manslaughter?
Depends on how the applicable laws are written, I would think. What are the requirements in WA for a murder charge?

Old 07-09-2020, 08:11 AM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

At this time you have no proof of him 'removing a barricade' or 'driving into people in [sic] purpose'.

All of what you say in your post is nothing but your own wishful thinking.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
At this time you have no proof of him 'removing a barricade' or 'driving into people in [sic] purpose'.

I know it's a lot to ask of the Left.... But bit of common sense goes a long way.

If he was intentionally trying to hit people, why did he swerve away from the larger group?

If his goal was to run people over, he could have hit a lot more than those two girls who appear to run out in front of the car as if they were going to block him at speed.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:48 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Looking at that video it sure seems rather careless, just because someone does something stupid doesn't give a car owner the right to run them over. This will be settled in the courts but I don't see how that driver didn't see them or at least slow down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies