Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 04:11 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
... In either case, I think its fair to determine that the absolute risk of being murdered as a black or white American is very low. And it's not something most people should worry about, unless you know someone who wants to murder you.

So you WOULD agree that police brutality isn't an issue that most people should worry about. Yet here we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 04:20 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
therefore, you clearly agree that there's no police brutality problem, yes? Or at least, no problem with "cops killing blacks". Less than 1 in 100,000 black people will be killed by police every year.
I do think police brutality is a problem for all Americans. I dont racialize police brutality because all races are impacted by it. Now do I believe that most Americans are likely to be harassed or beat up by police? No.

I think the bigger issue is that in cases where police conduct happens there is a system that protects police. The bigger issue is also we pay for this service involuntarily. Yet we can't be asked to criticize it nor can we opt out of it. We just have to just accept it.

I'm far more critical about police because I pay for their services. And if I had it my way I wouldn't. Or I'd pay for something better. That is where I take issue with police.

Random white or black people committing murder are people I have nothing to do with. I don't pay for them. And the system doesn't protect them if they do wrong and get caught. The problem with police is that you pay for them, they can essentially do what they want, and if you don't like it then that tough fish

Old 07-09-2020, 04:25 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
I do think police brutality is a problem for all Americans. I dont racialize police brutality because all races are impacted by it. Now do I believe that most Americans are likely to be harassed or beat up by police? No.

I think the bigger issue is that in cases where police conduct happens there is a system that protects police. The bigger issue is also we pay for this service involuntarily. Yet we can't be asked to criticize it nor can we opt out of it. We just have to just accept it.

I'm far more critical about police because I pay for their services. And if I had it my way I wouldn't. Or I'd pay for something better. That is where I take issue with police.

Random white or black people committing murder are people I have nothing to do with. I don't pay for them. And the system doesn't protect them if they do wrong and get caught. The problem with police is that you pay for them, they can essentially do what they want, and if you don't like it then that tough fish
If you pay Federal taxes, you pay for the disproportionate number of Blacks on public assistance. And since Blacks murder other Blacks at a MUCH higher rate than whites kill whites, you're paying for that increased Black on Black murder carnage.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If you pay Federal taxes, you pay for the disproportionate number of Blacks on public assistance. And since Blacks murder other Blacks at a MUCH higher rate than whites kill whites, you're paying for that increased Black on Black murder carnage.
If you're going to make that argument. Then it appears that the problem is with white people. Because white people make up the majority of people on welfare.

Proportions mean nothing when making a budget. Even if you somehow got every black person off welfare, the whites still in the system would still lead to a significant drain on my wallet.

So if we're talking about money, then there is no value in radicalizing public assistance

Old 07-09-2020, 04:39 PM

19,034 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
So you WOULD agree that police brutality isn't an issue that most people should worry about. Yet here we are.

Is there police brutality? Yes. Though, it may be beneficial to have clear definition, of what exactly "brutality" is. Just for sake of clarity.
Please, do not generalize such statements for ENTIRE police. For starters, they do job that, I guarantee you, YOU will never take on. Thus, saying "police" and, having in mind entire police force is simply unfair.

Police is many people. Some are very good professionals. Some are not. Humans, only humans. Demonizing entire police though is very farfetched. Just like saying that every black is criminal. Neither is true. Bu, that police, as a whole, is undetrained, underpaid (for risking lives and more than hazardous job) and over worked, is another basic fact.

Personally, I made a point, every time I pass an officer, to let him or her know, that their service is appreciated. Bad apples or not, they protect all of us. I very much so enjoy, how their faces lighten up with gratitude, as times are tough on them.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
If you're going to make that argument. Then it appears that the problem is with white people. Because white people make up the majority of people on welfare.
Clearly, you don't understand statistics. Bad at math. No surprise . Here, let me help... See if you can understand the problem, using Food Stamps as an example, though the same is true of every other Fed Gov public assistance program and I can provide additional data if you wish:

The Politics and Demographics of Food Stamps Recipients - Pew Research

Perhaps you can explain why Blacks and/or Democrats are SO much less likely to be able to financially support themselves and their dependents.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Clearly, you don't understand statistics. Bad at math. No surprise . Here, let me help... See if you can understand the problem, using Food Stamps as an example, though the same is true of every other Fed Gov public assistance program and I can provide additional data if you wish:

The Politics and Demographics of Food Stamps Recipients - Pew Research

Perhaps you can explain why Blacks and/or Democrats are SO much less likely to be able to financially support themselves and their dependents.

Its established fact that whites make up the majority of welfare recipients. No one disputes this. So whites on welfare are the biggest drain on budget. Your link does not counter that fact.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Its established fact that whites make up the majority of welfare recipients. No one disputes this. So whites on welfare are the biggest drain on budget. Your link does not counter that fact.
Again, you don't understand statistics. You're bad at math. You've either had a public school education and/or you're a math-challenged minority (notoriously known problem). Bring Blacks and Democrats in line with whites and Republicans as a percentage on public assistance, and we'll be spending a LOT less Federal taxpayer money on public assistance programs.

Old 07-09-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Again, you don't understand statistics. You're bad at math. You've either had a public school education and/or you're a math-challenged minority (notoriously known problem). Bring Blacks and Democrats in line with whites and Republicans as a percentage on public assistance, and we'll be spending a LOT less Federal taxpayer money on public assistance programs.
How am I bad at math? Whites are the majority on welfare. That means whites are the biggest drain on budget. That's just fact. Talking about proportions mean nothing when we're talking about budget.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:01 PM

Democrats LOVE to claim they're oh so much better educated and smarter than Republicans (who they frequently refer to as "knuckle-draggers"), but look at the actual income data (and we all know income is correlated with actual education attainment), which mirrors the over-dependence of Democrats on public assistance data:

Quote:
"An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. This advantage carries forward for individuals earning up to $50,000 per year, and then turns in the Republicans’ favor — with just 36 percent of individuals earning more than $200,000 per year supporting Democrats."

Interestingly, the median household income in the United States is $49,777 — right near the point where the Democratic advantage disappears and the Republicans take over."
And the infograph:
Economic Demographics of Democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies