Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 02:10 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I care about blacks harming other people. And the people they harm are more likely to be non-black than black.

https://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22-wpe...Crime-2016.pdf
What point are you attempting to make by posting a publication by the New Century Foundation?

Quote:
The New Century Foundation is a white supremacist[1] organization founded in 1994 by Jared Taylor known primarily for publishing a magazine, American Renaissance, which promotes white supremacy.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I was just thinking along these lines last night after watching a video of a "protester" getting their face beat by a cop. (The situation had been declared a "riot", officially, allowing the police to actually do their jobs for a change, and one cop had singled one person out (for what, we do not know because the video doesn't show what that "protester" did prior to the riot being officially declared), tackled him to the ground, and then the "protester" smashed the cop's helmet off of his head (a tactic used by these "protesters" to make cops more vulnerable to attack by another "peaceful protester"), so, in turn, to prevent himself from getting spit on by the "protester" he had tackled to the ground, and to get him to stop resisting arrest, he punched him in the face a few times.

I read a LOT of comments on that video about how happy some people were. And, to be very honest, for a few seconds, I also delighted in what I saw.

But, as I continued to read the comments of people being very happy about this, I realized, you know what? I'm not happy about this. Even if that person is an arrogant, snot nosed, pile of cow excrement, I don't like that any of this is happening to anyone...not even the idiotic "protesters". I don't actually, truly enjoy watching more violence, and would prefer that things had been handled better 100 days ago, so that this video wouldn't have happened at all.

I did say on this forum on one video put up that I actually enjoyed it...but later on, I realized that I didn't actually enjoy it.

Do you know why? Because I don't like how I feel, I don't like the person it makes me, even temporarily, when I see that type of stuff. I don't like that Amercians are fighting Americans. I. Don't. Like. IT!

So, when it comes to black on black violence - yes, I do care. I care because these people are pawns in a bigger game, and they don't even realize it. They are killing each other without realizing that they've been put into these situations on purpose. Yes, they make choices, and yes, they are responsible for those choices, but when you incarcerate many black people for NON violent crimes, and have them locked away for 25 years for it, you get fatherless homes. And when you have fatherless homes, you have a mother that has to work multiple jobs to take care of the children she has. And the children are always the ones who suffer from this whole stupid thing.

And then they grow up, no father in the house, a mother who is always working and not able to be around to monitor everything her kid is doing, OR, was raised the same way and now has a negative outlook on life and doesn't care, either - and it all turns into a stupid, unnecessary mess that didn't need to happen.

We do have a president right now who has made a huge difference in prison reform. One of the good things he's done. It will stop this nonsense of incarcerating black folks for decades for non violent crimes. People have already been getting back out because of it.

Broken homes resulting in children who grow up to have a negative outlook on life, where they go from school to prison, is not a positive, and should not be cheered.

These are human beings. They all had a clean slate at birth. They could have become anything that they wanted to become. They could have had happier, more successful lives. Instead, they fight and kill each other.

Who wouldn't care about that?
Re:bold: Fact Sheet: Trump Says One Thing and Does Another on Criminal Justice

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...minal-justice/

31 points of supporting evidence.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:42 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,216,807 times
The biggest question is does the media care about black on black violent crime? I bet not!!

Old 09-03-2020, 03:06 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
The biggest question is does the media care about black on black violent crime? I bet not!!
No it does not.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
What point are you attempting to make by posting a publication by the New Century Foundation?
You now know that poster's basic worldview. It's not the first time he's referrred to these so-called race scientists.

Old 09-03-2020, 06:42 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If Black people didn't care, explain this. Why is it that Black people who have a chance to get out of those neighborhoods GET OUT? Why do they go to much safer neighborhoods? Your assumption that Black people don't care is a stupid one.
I suppose everything depends on perspective. Those who tend to get out are getting out for themselves, not others. How does that show caring for others? I am not being critical, I would encourage them to get out if they can, but that has nothing to do with caring for the plight of other blacks.

In my city, blacks are about 25% of the population and have been 73% of the murder victims. Almost half of the cases go unsolved. One of the main reasons being no one will come forward with information for the police. When someone has seen something but will say nothing, it is concluded they don’t care about black on black crime. It may be out of fear, but the bottom line is they are protecting the criminal rather than helping the victim or family.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
You now know that poster's basic worldview. It's not the first time he's referrred to these so-called race scientists.
It's not just him; other C-D members have referred to that particular publication, some have even blogged it.

Tim Wise wrote an essay titled "The Color of Deception" as a rebuttal to The Color of Crime.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:01 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Even when a true gang banger type dies they have family and friends who are good people and hurt, at least by the lose of what could have been. I had a Black supervisor whose brother was murdered. They took different paths but he still seemed devastated.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:26 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
I read a lot of "What about the high black on black murder rate??" posts from white people regarding BLM.

Yes, they're a wing of the Democratic party. Yes, they're racist. Yes, they're Marxist. Yes, they're more concerned with political clout and lining their own pockets than helping black people. And, yes, they care about white on black violence, but not black on black violence. We all know this.

In fairness, they DID manage to keep cops mostly honest by getting them to wear body cams, which is a good thing.

With that being said, do you actually care about blacks harming other blacks?

This isn't going to be nice, but I couldn't care less about the common ghetto dweller or black/brown troublemaker getting gunned down. As long as they stay the hell away from me and mine, I'm good. I do my best to avoid them in return.

While I'm at it, I also feel the same way about the white junkies who OD and die. And white criminals and troublemakers.

I just don't care. What I do care about are the innocent victims (especially white) who fall prey to violent criminals.

And a question for our black (and posters of other races) posters: Do you care when a white (or people of other races) gets violently victimized.

Time for honesty.

Yes-

it is a part of "black culture" that needs to be changed. Until black culture is changed, blacks will always be on the lower rungs of society.

embrace education
two parent families
condemn drugs
abandon violent gang culture
embrace a strong work ethic

MANY blacks that I encounter do the above and have done well in life. I have noticed that blacks, to a greater extent than whites, are Christians, so that is the foundation upon which progress can be made. While we are pointing fingers, white trash componants of society could use a good dose of the above.

Having a component of the population that participates in violence is not good for ANYONE, regardless of race.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:49 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
I suppose everything depends on perspective. Those who tend to get out are getting out for themselves, not others. How does that show caring for others? I am not being critical, I would encourage them to get out if they can, but that has nothing to do with caring for the plight of other blacks.

In my city, blacks are about 25% of the population and have been 73% of the murder victims. Almost half of the cases go unsolved. One of the main reasons being no one will come forward with information for the police. When someone has seen something but will say nothing, it is concluded they don’t care about black on black crime. It may be out of fear, but the bottom line is they are protecting the criminal rather than helping the victim or family.
I think of another perspective. Some people have completely given up and think "the hood is the hood, said persons won't change".Some people try and help, with mixed results.

Some of the reason for not coming forward is fear. Some of it is distrust. Some people don't trust the police to protect them from revenge killings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies