Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 10:05 PM

13,301 posts, read 7,339,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I hope to Christ that one day you are arrested and charged with a crime and end up with a jury like the one that Stone had. I'll bet that you'll be squealing like a stuck pig?

Stunning: Corrupt Roger Stone Jury Forewoman Is Connected To ...
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ointed-lawyer/
Mar 19, 2020 · After independent journalist and filmmaker Mike Cernovich exposed the deep and consistent bias of Tomeka Hart, the jury forewoman in the Roger Stone trial, Judge Amy Berman Jackson claimed the jury acted with integrity and that their honor should not be questioned. Further, she claimed on several occasions that any investigations looking at the political histories of jurors like Hart, who had outed herself post-trial, was putting the jurors safety at risk.
Author: Jacob Engels

Jury Foreman In Roger Stone Case Was Russia Collusion Hoaxer
https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/13...lusion-hoaxer/
February 13, 2020 By Tristan Justice Social media posts from the lead juror in the Roger Stone trial, who is “standing up” for the four prosecutors who withdrew from the case this week, reveal she...

Roger Stone: Juror Seth Cousins says forewoman Tomeka Hart ...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rt/4818170002/
Feb 20, 2020 · Seth Cousins, who served on the jury that convicted Roger Stone, said forewoman Tomeka Hart was "the strongest advocate in the room for a rigorous process" and "for the rights of the defendant."
Author: William Cummings

Roger Stone Jury Forewoman Is Lefty Former Congressional ...
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-great-n381481
Feb 13, 2020 · When you hear about the forewoman on Roger Stone’s jury in the Washington, D.C., based case, you’ll understand why he didn’t think he’d get a fair trial.
Author: Victoria Taft

Lead Juror In Roger Stone Case Ran For Congress As A Democrat ...
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/12/r...rson-democrat/
The foreperson on Roger Stone’s jury ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2012, it was revealed Wednesday. Tomeka Hart revealed her role on the jury in a Facebook post defending four prosecutors who quit the Stone case in protest over a revision to the Trump confidante’s recommended prison sentence.
Author: Chuck Ross

Stunning: Corrupt Roger Stone Jury Forewoman Is Connected To Court Appointed Lawyer - STATIONGOSSIP
Stunning: Corrupt Roger Stone Jury Forewoman Is Connected To Court Appointed Lawyer 01:42 - News The corrupt and criminal actions of Judge Amy Berman Jackson in the Roger Stone case are enough to make you want to give up on the idea th...

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts ...
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rog...p-social-media
Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson of the jury that convicted former Trump adviser Roger Stone on obstruction charges last year ...

It appears that the jury in the Roger Stone trial was tainted ...
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...s_tainted.html
Roger Stone was tried in a kangaroo court, one in which the prosecutors, and possibly the judge, colluded to ensure a guilty judgment against him. This is a disgrace and antithetical to everything ...

Roger Stone Jury Forewoman’s Anti-Trump Posts Surface After ...
https://www.theepochtimes.com/roger-...s_3237060.html
Roger Stone Jury Forewoman’s Anti-Trump Posts Surface After She Issues Defense of Prosecutors By Zachary Stieber February 13, 2020 Updated: February 13, 2020

https://timenewsdesk.com/2020/03/stu...ointed-lawyer/
Mar 13, 2020 · After independent journalist and filmmaker Mike Cernovich exposed the deep and consistent bias of Tomeka Hart, the jury forewoman in the Roger Stone trial, Judge Amy Berman Jackson claimed the jury acted with integrity and that their honor should not be questioned. Further, she claimed on several occasions that any investigations looking at the ...

Roger Stone jury forewoman grilled by defense amid ...
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ations-of-bias
The forewoman at the center of allegations of jury bias in Roger Stone’s case took the stand on Tuesday, defending herself during a grilling by the defense team as it seeks a new trial.

LOL like a stuck pig? I won't be facing a jury because I don't break laws. If I ever am interviewed by the FBI I won't be so stupid to make false statements. Stone is a convicted criminal even Trump would not pardon him.

Last time I checked Jury of 12 people have to vote unanimously to convict this group of people are randomly picked from the public IMO Stone got a fair trial.

I knew he never face any real time in prison because Trump will take care of him like all his criminal friends. After Trump leaves office no one will be there to pardon Trump. It's only a matter of time before they get him on tax evasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think Trump messed up again. He should have waited until the election was over to pardon Stone.

If the Democrats take the Senate in this year's election, the bill the House wrote that makes a Presidential pardon illegal if it involves the sitting President will pass. That means that Trump could be charged with that crime while he's still the sitting President.

Only the slowness of the bill's passage could save him.

If I was Trump, I would have waited until the day before the next swearing-in to pardon Stone. Then there would be no time for passage, even if Trump wins or loses.

If he loses, they can't prosecute him after the new President takes the oath because the bill would be retroactive for Trump. If he wins, the bill's language would make the difference between his prosecution or not.

By pardoning Stone now, there would be time for the New Democratic Senate to pass the bill, send down a bill of prosecution, and Trump gets it before he leaves office.

I'll bet at least one of the lawyers in the Oval Office saw that. His staff is so full of suck-ups that I'll also bet they all were too afraid of him to say anything.
The pardon power is in the constitution how can federal law change that. Trump will be in trouble after he leaves office his tax evasion issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
THAT's the reason to make him serve his sentence?!
He just LOOKS evil!
Actually I just thought he make a good evil villain in a movie. Have you thought maybe you take politics way to serious? Common this is ridiculous these forums and the back and forth I just like to get people fired up.

Last edited by kell490; 07-11-2020 at 10:13 PM..

Old 07-11-2020, 10:13 PM

14,786 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Quote:
“Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president,”- Romney
Quote:
“Stone was prosecuted and convicted because he committed federal crimes. He remains a convicted felon, and rightly so.”
-Robert Mueller
Quote:
Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s sentence is an unforgivable betrayal of his office
The Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...940fb_story.ht

Quote:
“He was duly convicted of lying to Congress, witness tampering, and obstruction a congressional investigation conducted by a Republican-led committee.” -Sen. Toomey Toomey also noted that Attorney General William Barr earlier this week called the prosecution of Stone “righteous” and said his prison sentence of three years and four months was “fair.”

There was a wicked man who was President, and he Pardoned or commuted the sentence of all his wicked friends.
And wicked people were happy and rejoiced. Law and Justice in America died.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:44 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,811,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's "convicted felon Roger Stone" to you, son. He earned that title.

Oh, and he keeps it. Commutation of sentence isn't a pardon. Legally, he's as guilty as ever.
Until he wins his appeal.

Old 07-11-2020, 11:48 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
There was a wicked man who was President, and he Pardoned or commuted the sentence of all his wicked friends.

President Obama pardoned 212 people, and commuted the prison sentences of 1,937 convicts (including Chelsea Manning) during his two terms in the White House, 330 of them on his final days in office.

President Clinton pardoned 450 people, and on his last day in the White House, Clinton pardoned 140 people and reduced the sentences of 36.

So, how wicked were they?

Old 07-11-2020, 11:56 PM

42,860 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
President Obama pardoned 212 people, and commuted the prison sentences of 1,937 convicts (including Chelsea Manning) during his two terms in the White House, 330 of them on his final days in office.
President Clinton pardoned 450 people, and on his last day in the White House, Clinton pardoned 140 people and reduced the sentences of 36.

So, how wicked were they?
Neither of them pardoned people who they were committing crimes with or who had made large campaign contributions.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:19 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,701,180 times
Stone was just Donald's middle finger to the justice system, on the tail of the SCOTUS ruling against him.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:27 AM

57,357 posts, read 26,263,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think Trump messed up again. He should have waited until the election was over to pardon Stone.

If the Democrats take the Senate in this year's election, the bill the House wrote that makes a Presidential pardon illegal if it involves the sitting President will pass. That means that Trump could be charged with that crime while he's still the sitting President.

Only the slowness of the bill's passage could save him.

If I was Trump, I would have waited until the day before the next swearing-in to pardon Stone. Then there would be no time for passage, even if Trump wins or loses.

If he loses, they can't prosecute him after the new President takes the oath because the bill would be retroactive for Trump. If he wins, the bill's language would make the difference between his prosecution or not.

By pardoning Stone now, there would be time for the New Democratic Senate to pass the bill, send down a bill of prosecution, and Trump gets it before he leaves office.

I'll bet at least one of the lawyers in the Oval Office saw that. His staff is so full of suck-ups that I'll also bet they all were too afraid of him to say anything.
Some in the White House were against Trump's actions but there has been a lack of criticism by republicans, where is the outage.

This is why the republican party is disappearing, they don't stand for anything.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:13 AM

380 posts, read 126,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
'Law and justice in America died.'
I'm taking it you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on in Democratic-run cities the past few months?

Progressives are scum.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:20 AM

24,434 posts, read 23,092,690 times
I think he did the right thing. If the charges were bogus bordering on entrapment, even an illegal investigation, then he can re set the scales of justice to get them back in balance and put the Justice Dept. on notice to stop its abuses.
There have to be dozens of folks in government who belong in prison that have walked who have done far worse than Stone.And that's just in the last dew decades. And those are just the ones we know about. What the deep state does would make us vomit and make public lynching legal again.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:33 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,201,601 times
How many people did Obama commute loads of drug dealers, offenders who were serving life sentences, over 1700. Clinton pardoned his brother, his friends so get real
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies