Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2020, 05:22 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,398,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Your argument is a false one - you cannot assume you or anyone else is negative; therefore, you must assume they are positive.
This post illustrates how convoluted this "crisis" is, and the illogical overreaction of the leftists is all about CONTROL over the People.

Mass hysteria not seen since the times of Witch Hunts!!!

Old 12-02-2020, 05:35 AM

130 posts, read 77,334 times
You can blame MSM for that..... They are running this sick game and because of more people being braindead and watching TV (Giving them all the power),its unlikely they will ever stop.....

Old 12-02-2020, 06:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,739,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcnghm View Post
You can blame MSM for that..... They are running this sick game and because of more people being braindead and watching TV (Giving them all the power),its unlikely they will ever stop.....
Blame them for what? Reporting the news?
This isn’t North Korea.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:43 AM

38,065 posts, read 22,226,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifi Cake View Post
Only parts of WI were seeing a spike and back in Sept it seems there was an attempt to understand why.

Experts looking for root cause of Wisconsin COVID-19 spike

However cases are on the downward slope now.

Scroll to the bottom and interpret the data on the graphs.

Wisconsin Covid-19 Cases
The first article assumes that wearing masks will protect people from the virus, and the spikes in WI are probably the result of not wearing enough masks.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:51 AM

3,436 posts, read 1,579,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Sure.
I'm drinking red wine, are you on something stronger?
They work for a ambulance company. I have heard doctors report they are pushed to label people covid. if the system is corrupt anything is possible. they are talking about forcing people to take a vaccine that is medical tyranny.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
The article did no such thing.

1. Distancing yourself from others and not hanging out in groups.
2. Wash your hands frequently
3. Wear a mask

In fact Dr. Jeff Pothof stated clearly that he knows what behaviors contain the virus. He then states if we are seeing cases spike then the only logical conclusion is that people are not doing those 3 things effectively. It says it does not mean that the bulk of the population are ignoring these measures and that it does not take many people acting out of line to get cases quickly spreading.

None of those three things will produce any significant reductions in infections, and sure as hell do nothing to "contain the virus." That was my point.

Old 12-02-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Your opinion means nothing.
It's not my opinion. I am following the science, you seem to be following the politicians.

Old 12-02-2020, 11:09 AM

37,180 posts, read 41,370,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm not sure what planet you live on, but I opt for "innocent until PROVEN guilty". Why on earth would you assume that I'm positive, just because I might be?

Again, my argument is valid. I cannot assume that my car won't blow a tire, cross the yellow line, and plow into an oncoming vehicle. Therefore, I must assume that it will?
It's a virus, not a car. You may be infected and not know it and give it to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not necessarily. But the greed of hospitals, who get more money for covid deaths, certainly leads to reporting that is not necessarily on the up and up.
Hospitals do not get paid a single penny for deaths from COVID-19. They get paid for providing medical care for people with COVID-19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They work for a ambulance company. I have heard doctors report they are pushed to label people covid. if the system is corrupt anything is possible. they are talking about forcing people to take a vaccine that is medical tyranny.
Doctors are not being pushed to label people as having COVID-19 who do not. There are criteria for the diagnosis. In the event that a patient does not have a positive test for the virus (false negatives do happen) there must be symptoms, physical findings, and other test results consistent with it. Deliberately misdiagnosing someone would be fraud, and there are heavy penalties for that.

No one will have to take a vaccine who does not want to. There may be consequences, though.

Old 12-02-2020, 12:35 PM

3,436 posts, read 1,579,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It's a virus, not a car. You may be infected and not know it and give it to other people.

Hospitals do not get paid a single penny for deaths from COVID-19. They get paid for providing medical care for people with COVID-19.

Doctors are not being pushed to label people as having COVID-19 who do not. There are criteria for the diagnosis. In the event that a patient does not have a positive test for the virus (false negatives do happen) there must be symptoms, physical findings, and other test results consistent with it. Deliberately misdiagnosing someone would be fraud, and there are heavy penalties for that.

No one will have to take a vaccine who does not want to. There may be consequences, though.
using coercion is forcing someone to take a vaccine if there are consequences. there also might be consequences for world leaders if they go to far. telling businesses not to hire or keep people on who do not get a vaccine is medical tyranny and violates hippa laws. that is the ultimate tyranny that if you want to work you have to let them put what ever they want into your body. this is why they want everyone to wear a mask to get them used to not having a choice when they go to the supermarket. businesses have no right to even know if you had a vaccine or not. they are getting money for treating covid patients and since the tests are over sensitive by a lot its working great for them.

my friend works at a ambulance company and if they have a certain set of symptoms at least initially they are labeled as having covid 19.

Old 12-02-2020, 12:49 PM

37,180 posts, read 41,370,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
using coercion is forcing someone to take a vaccine if there are consequences. there also might be consequences for world leaders if they go to far. telling businesses not to hire or keep people on who do not get a vaccine is medical tyranny and violates hippa laws. that is the ultimate tyranny that if you want to work you have to let them put what ever they want into your body. this is why they want everyone to wear a mask to get them used to not having a choice when they go to the supermarket. businesses have no right to even know if you had a vaccine or not. they are getting money for treating covid patients and since the tests are over sensitive by a lot its working great for them.

my friend works at a ambulance company and if they have a certain set of symptoms at least initially they are labeled as having covid 19.
Your friend who works on the ambulance is treating everyone as if he might be infected because at the time the patient is transported no one knows who is infected and who is not.

Someone who is hospitalized with COVID-19 is sick. At that point the sensitivity of the test is irrelevant.

Businesses do have the right to require vaccines.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...ees-to-take-it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies