Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 09:35 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Very stupid move by Kemp. Is he trying to give Ga to the democrats this election.
Seriously. Republicans were already losing their grip over voter-rich suburban Atlanta areas like Cobb, Gwinnett, and North Fulton prior to this and this hardcore anti-science mentality may put them out of reach permanently.

Old 07-16-2020, 09:41 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Seriously. Republicans were already losing their grip over voter-rich suburban Atlanta areas like Cobb, Gwinnett, and North Fulton prior to this and this hardcore anti-science mentality may put them out of reach permanently.

Did the GOP Senate candidates voice their opinion on Kemp's action?

Old 07-16-2020, 09:48 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This can't be real!

Must be fake news.

No one is really that stupid, right???

Someone . . . anyone, please prove me wrong.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:32 PM

552 posts, read 223,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
And then unless they tell me to get out I stay. Most people don't care for talking to me. Wife says I have a permanent scowl on my race, I deal with stupidity every day online and in real life so she's probably right. Either way no mask is going on my face.

Eons ago, people were going to the dentist and coming home with Hepatitis.

Fortunately scientists figured out that dental instruments had to be cleaned
first by ultrasonic cleansing bath, then carefully scrubbed down and finally
sterilized under high pressure steam. The military began blood testing all
in their ranks. If someone was Hepatitis positive, the dentist and assistant
wore sterile surgical outfits that they removed as carefully as surgeons after
an operation, in a special enclosed area where the scrubs and linens were
carefully washed and sterilized as well. Dental staff doing so much as filling
a cavity used an enclosed surgical room with sterile coverings on everything
and staff had to wear full protective gear. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED???
Hepatitis cases decreased. Gasp. Oh, and the needles used to give shots
and any sharp cutting disposable instruments were equipped with a guard
over the object to prevent staff from accidentally cutting or tearing their
own skin while handling contaminated items. That was also when medical
waste was placed in biohazard containers and kept out of regular trash.

Imagine now if Hepatitis were not taken seriously. How would you like to
go to the dentist and have them place their ungloved hand inside your
mouth? That is exactly what they used to do, not so long ago.

Science. It is a good thing. Now a dentist and staff will wear a fresh new
mask when they see you too. Can you imagine if they didn't, and some
one's spit droplets were all over the used mask your dentist wears seeing
you afterward????

The timing was perfect, because HIV happened right afterward during that
time, and the military did not run around like chickens with their head cut
off trying to deal with it.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 07-16-2020 at 10:43 PM..

Old 07-16-2020, 10:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I thought local control was good.
Liberty is more important.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:08 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No, apparently stupidity is more important.

Old 07-17-2020, 07:37 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
So wearing masks and social distancing worked in NY, CT, NJ and other Northeast states that were the epicenter in April. Southeastern states eschewed those mitigative measures when they rushed reopening around Memorial Day.

It really seems that southeastern states really want to make this worse. Governors and other state officials are going out of their way to make this worse. Frankly, what other option do they have (from a political standpoint)?

The Northeast was successful so far in getting this under control using a measured response. They didn't move to Phase 2 or Phase 3 until the numbers dictated it - not because of some arbitrary deadline (Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day). Whereas, many other states did exactly that.

Now, many of these southeastern states are dictating that they most reopen for school. That is technically an arbitrary deadline - as far as the virus is concerned. However, it is NOT an arbitrary deadline for millions of Americans. But, the southeast did NOT take a measured response to coronavirus. They've relied on southerners using "common sense." The governor of my state wouldn't institute mask recommendations because he thought we'd have the common sense to do it ourselves. Yet, now he is pushing to reopen schools for in-face instruction - no limits on classroom sizes, etc - because "schools must reopen on time." We could have done that with less risk to students, faculty, parents and the community if we HAD taken a measured response for the last few months.

They are gambling with the public health. There is a very good chance the retribution will be swift.

Old 07-17-2020, 07:52 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You have no liberty to make other people sick.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:07 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Republican Gov of Georgia is competing against the Republican Gov of Florida for worst governor approval rating in the USA for Covid response.

Recent actions by both governors will help both states get additional blue votes in November 2020.

They were already in bottom 10 from a June 23 poll.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-responsible/
The premise would be correct if one thinks it's government's responsibility to keep one safe. If one thinks he/she is responsible for his/her safety, he/she would care less what the government says or does.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
And then unless they tell me to get out I stay. Most people don't care for talking to me. Wife says I have a permanent scowl on my race, I deal with stupidity every day online and in real life so she's probably right. Either way no mask is going on my face.
Yeah and you will have to use take out, store pickup, Amazon or Instacart if you refuse to wear a mask. Most respectable places will throw you out because you broke their policy and rightly so. I'm pretty sure you you loved when the Christian bakers said they wouldn't make a gay wedding cake (whatever that means) for two homosexuals getting married or the photographer that said they wouldn't do a gay wedding. Why is this any different? Not wearing a mask isn't a protected class or religious belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies