Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 08:03 AM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Never in this lifetime.
https://www.thetrace.org/2016/05/las...congress-2016/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 08:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
When has the NRA endorsed a Democrat?
The NRA has become something of a boogeyman for many Democrats.

How that will play out politically is still a question mark. For Democratic lawmakers in urban areas and districts that have dealt with mass shootings, shunning the NRA and pushing for gun control may not be a hard choice.

For vulnerable Democrats in districts and states where a gun rights culture has deeper roots, failing to earn the NRA’s endorsement has its perils.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:11 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Shocker. LOL.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:28 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Shocker. LOL.
I know, right. It would be like having to say the large Public Unions (NEA, AFT, SEIU, AFSME, etc) and Private Sector Unions, Soros groups, Act Blue, Wall Street, Tech, much of Corporate America, Entertainment, Media, etc are supporting Biden.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/none...re-republican/

Old 07-19-2020, 08:31 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I know, right. It would be like having to say the large Public Unions (NEA, AFT, SEIU, AFSME, etc) and Private Sector Unions, Soros groups, Act Blue, Wall Street, Tech, much of Corporate America, Entertainment, Media, etc are supporting Biden.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/none...re-republican/
You left out BLM and China.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:00 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
You left out BLM and China.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:15 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
When has the NRA endorsed a Democrat?
Why would any Democrat want an NRA endorsement, the NRA that won't even support complete background checks?

The NRA USED to be a good organization, all about safety and training. Now there focus is gun sales; they are owned by the manufacturers.

Old 07-19-2020, 01:57 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Haven't paid a lot of mind to the NRA in a spell. There are other organizations I feel are more worthy of my money when I can afford to donate.

GoA for instance. But I do pay attention to the 2A fight. And Biden does NOT get my support. Nor does any Democrat. Not all that enamored of the Republicans either but I do support Trump this go.

Didnt vote for him or Clinton in 16 but hes got my nod this time. The vehement hatred the left has for him and all the wasted time and money they've spent trying to get him out of the way has convinced me.

Anyone the new radical left that is the mainstream Dems now hates that much is OK by me.

Old 07-19-2020, 02:01 PM

29,501 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why would any Democrat want an NRA endorsement, the NRA that won't even support complete background checks?

The NRA USED to be a good organization, all about safety and training. Now there focus is gun sales; they are owned by the manufacturers.
What is a "complete" background check vs a background check ? And the NRA is responsible for our current NICS system.

Old 07-19-2020, 04:49 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,355,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What is a "complete" background check vs a background check ? And the NRA is responsible for our current NICS system.
A "complete" background check means that if you're rich and famous, active and retired law enforcement personnel or politically well connected only then will you be able to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights. All of that information will come up during a "complete" background check. That's pretty much the way it is now in New York City. The rest of us can just go to hell. At the very least a "complete" background check will be left up to the discretion of some government bureaucrat. Who will require that the rest of us will have to go through a lot of red tape, hire an attorney and beg for permission to exercise a Constitutional right. However none of this will have done anything to address or prevent criminal's from obtaining weapons. If it was effective cities like Chicago, Baltimore, and New York etc. would have very few if any shootings.

Quote:
"There are only a few laws in history that are universally applicable. One of these is that the ruling classes do not want the peasantry armed. They will do what they can to convince you that to be armed is dangerous. They will attempt to do this while they themselves are surrounded by armed body guards. Idiots will not notice this hypocrisy and sycophants will ignore it. Fools will surrender their arms in the name of "safety". They will insensibly surrender their liberty at the same time. This is how slaves are made".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies