Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 12:20 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times

Advertisements

Come on libs, be at least a little rational in your thought process. You're doing the same thing with the vaccine that you do with any of your other arguments...your way or the highway...those who disagree are terrorists!

Can't you AT LEAST admit that there IS a valid argument AGAINST the taking the vaccine for many people?

Here are some facts:

1. Most people in this county will have a VERY SMALL likelihood of having any major problems with the virus. The survival rate is well over 99.9% now. Most cases are minor or asymptomatic. You likely have WAY LESS than a 1% chance of having any problems at all other than a mild flu symptom, vaxed or not...

2. The vaccine is not fully FDA approved.

3. Natural immunity is a reality for millions of people who aren't vaccinated. Many top doctors believe this is as good or better than artificial immunity. In fact, in countries where they aren't awash in excess vaccine, even the Mayo Clinic says that those who have already had the virus shouldn't be vaccinated!

4. There is ABSOLUTELY a chance that there are unintended long-term side effects from the vaccine. Some simply don't see a .01% chance of having major issues as a worthy trade for that!

Sure, there are also good arguments for taking it too! But CAN'T YOU AT LEAST ADMIT THAT MILLIONS SIMPLY WON'T TAKE IT AND FOR VALID REASONS?!

You have drama queens here talking about unvaccinated people as "public menaces," etc. This shows how little understanding of macro statistics they have, and how whipped up into a frenzy their local viro-dooming politicians have gotten them, and also how crazy they have become wishing for the central government to start overriding personal health decisions and plunge needles into our arms. George Orwell would be impressed!

I thought you're the party of "empathy" and "science?"

Do you get insurance for lightning strikes too? There are pros and cons to the vaccine, there are pros and cons of getting the virus. Don't we all have the right to make those choices and accept those risks on our own?

Last edited by paracord; 08-06-2021 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-06-2021, 12:24 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
I empathize with people whose health situations don't allow them to get a vaccine.

Everyone else needs to get their heads out of their behinds.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:29 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
When hospitals stop filling up with unvaxxinated covid patients, I'll start to take the anti-vax movement seriously.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:31 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
When hospitals stop filling up with unvaxxinated covid patients, I'll start to take the anti-vax movement seriously.
This is BS. Show me any hospital that is over capacity today.

When cases go up, obviously there will be more people going into hospitals. Duhhhhhh. That doesn't mean the system is collapsing.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:32 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
This is BS. Show me any hospital that is over capacity today.

When cases go up, obviously there will be more people going into hospitals. Duhhhhhh. That doesn't mean the system is collapsing.
over 99% of covid patients in hospitals are unvaccinated. We don't have to have more people going to hospitals. The vaccine works, and everyone suffers because of anti-vaxxers, because of the strain they put on our country. I equate it to people running red lights when driving a car. Even if they THINK no one is coming and they aren't at risk, they are putting other people in harm's way.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:33 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Quote:
When biden stops letting immigrants in who carry covid and who knows what else then I will start taking this seriously.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:34 PM

13,606 posts, read 4,937,539 times
I admit there are some rational arguments against taking the vax. Similar to the flu vaccine: in recent years I have gotten the flu vax, but for many years before that I didn't. My thought was, "oh well, if I get the flu it won't kill me". But Covid has killed 20x more people than the flu typically does in a year... just sayin'.

The big problem I have is that most anti-vaxxers are not using rational arguments. They are making this crucial medical decision on the basis of their politics. They may quote the same arguments, but you know that if Republican politicians were pushing the vaccine and democrat politicians were resisting it, they would make the opposite decision. Then there are those that trot out wacky conspiracy theories - The vaccine contains a tracking device, the vaccine will make you sterile, the vaccine will make you magnetic, the vaccine contains poison, etc.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:34 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
I just posted this in another thread. Look at what is happening around the world.

Countries with very high vaccination rates are also having very high “breakthrough rates”.

Israel:

Half of the infections in Israel now are among the fully vaccinated, and public health officials are beginning to see signs of more serious disease among them said Sharon Alroy-Preis, the nation’s Director of Public Health Services.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...outputType=amp

Malta:

“There’s no country in the world that has fully vaccinated more of its citizens, by proportion, than Malta has. Over 80% of the adult population is fully vaccinated now—and still it’s not enough to keep COVID at bay.

With case numbers having increased by more than 600% in the past week, the Mediterranean archipelago has become the first country in the European Union to announce a ban on visitors who are not themselves fully vaccinated...”.

(Officials are of course blaming it on unvaccinated tourists...which begs the question, why aren’t the vaccines protecting the Maltese citizens?)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune...ted-enter/amp/

Ireland:

Roughly 76% of the population is vaccinated. Yet the CDC just issued a travel warning to Ireland, as it is now at level 4:

“Because of the current situation in Ireland, even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.”

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...avirus-ireland

These are just 3 examples, but there are many more.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:36 PM

162 posts, read 107,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I empathize with people whose health situations don't allow them to get a vaccine.

Everyone else needs to get their heads out of their behinds.
What do you mean by this? What is it you think "everyone else" doesn't understand?

Old 08-06-2021, 12:36 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Not all can get a vaccine, but enough can to put this bad bug to rest. The nurse called. They do a last visit before intubation and he’s asked me to come. My heart is in my throat. I don’t want anyone to go through this. Easy fix. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies