Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 09:04 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times

Advertisements

The joke in Philly is that if you go up before the Judge for a criminal case you have your defense attorney representing you and then you have another defense attorney representing you... the DA. Heck, the Mayor would probably have his limo give you a ride home after you have the charges thrown out.
And why did they have to knock the head off the Rocky Statue just because he fought a black man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 09:06 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Secret army? You mean the same secret army under every administration?
You just made my case, there are no examples of this ever happening before:
Quote:
Over 4 years ago under Obama
https://youtu.be/73U9kYWozv0
Not an invasion but a dog and pony show: "Air and Marine Operations of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, conducts a joint law enforcement demonstration at the 2016 Tucson Air Show. Working closely with its sister agencies - U.S. Border Patrol and Office of Field Operations as well as the Tucson Police Department, they demonstrate the air and ground capabilities of the Department of Homeland Security in front of thousands of people from around the world."

Quote:
BORTAC searched 2 escaped convicts in update NY in 2015
https://youtu.be/gddCYE2CNZ4
The FBI was already involved and it was thought the escapees were headed for Canada, they were not hunting proactively

Quote:
Wanna go a little further back?
BORTAC in April 2000 during Elian Gonzalez international custody incident under Clinton’s era
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli%C3%A1n_Gonz%C3%A1lez
INS was involved, it's logical that BORTAC would be called in

I don't think you made your case that federal agents should be running amok arresting people in US cities without being asked to do so by state or local officials . And it's not just "BORTAC" invading Portland it's untrained TSA and CBP agents https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aining-in-riot

Old 07-23-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
2Sleepy, you keep avoiding the question.
Didn't you post previously that you had been a cop????
I don't talk about my personal life unless it has relevance to a thread. Quit trolling

Old 07-23-2020, 09:10 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Here you go:

Quote:
If all undocumented immigrants were deported today, next year’s Social Security trust funds would have approximately $13 billion less for benefit payouts. It’s a considerable loss of dollars, especially when it’s projected that the Social Security funds will be depleted by 2034.

According to New American Economy, undocumented immigrants contributed $13 billion into the Social Security funds in 2016 and $3 billion to Medicare. Three years prior, the Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration, Stephen Goss, wrote a report that estimated undocumented immigrants contributed $12 billion into Social Security.
https://www.marketplace.org/2019/01/...nd-receive-no/
13B of 942B = 1.4%

That's an annual wage of $19K for 11MM people.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:12 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I live in Center City Philly. It’s pretty quiet here. Just walked back from Reading Terminal Market with fish, cheese and produce. I’m not clear on what the Feds would do if they got here. Maybe they could help me schlep my groceries home??
if they're not needed, great! Don't send them. They're not currently scheduled or promised.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:13 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
I say let these cities burn. They don't want federal or local law enforcement to help and they don't want to drive these violent thugs out of their cities themselves so give them what they want. Watch their cities turn into the war torn middle east. It's all they deserve.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:33 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
You just made my case, there are no examples of this ever happening before:
Not an invasion but a dog and pony show: "Air and Marine Operations of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, conducts a joint law enforcement demonstration at the 2016 Tucson Air Show. Working closely with its sister agencies - U.S. Border Patrol and Office of Field Operations as well as the Tucson Police Department, they demonstrate the air and ground capabilities of the Department of Homeland Security in front of thousands of people from around the world."

The FBI was already involved and it was thought the escapees were headed for Canada, they were not hunting proactively

INS was involved, it's logical that BORTAC would be called in

I don't think you made your case that federal agents should be running amok arresting people in US cities without being asked to do so by state or local officials . And it's not just "BORTAC" invading Portland it's untrained TSA and CBP agents https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aining-in-riot
All I see is a bunch of bull**** in your post.

Ive been with CBP since 2014. The BORTAC guys are the ones who trained non-BORTAC agents in Mobile Field Force (aka riot control). They were the ones who assisted us during the border invasion/riot control down at the southern border back in 2018

Also, it was BORTAC shot & killed one of the escaped convicts in NY.

Old 07-23-2020, 09:35 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Liberals: "Abolish the cops". Same liberals: "Arrest these people!"

Old 07-23-2020, 09:45 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
I don't talk about my personal life unless it has relevance to a thread. Quit trolling
You're the one who has posted it previously. I can go look for the post if you'd like.

Old 07-23-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
All I see is a bunch of bull**** in your post.

Ive been with CBP since 2014. The BORTAC guys are the ones who trained non-BORTAC agents in Mobile Field Force (aka riot control). They were the ones who assisted us during the border invasion/riot control down at the southern border back in 2018

Also, it was BORTAC shot & killed one of the escaped convicts in NY.
You seem confused, I never criticized BORTAC. And as far as training the agents that were deployed to Portland, it doesn't seem like the troops were paying much attention, does it?

https://www.whsv.com/video/2020/07/2...oops-portland/

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aining-in-riot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies