Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 10:16 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
People on the right are the ones pulling guns on wal mart employees for asking them to wear masks. The right are also the ones who sit and turn a blind eye to police abusing and killing their own citizens, with no recourse. Don't pretend people on the right are saints. Asking to end a COVID lockdown is asking for more US citizens to die to a global pandemic. With 140k US citizens dead already, using that as an example is fairly poor.

I live in a major US city on the east coast. There are protests blocks away from my home on a regular basis. I'm not afraid of them. In my experience, people who are terrified of protesters are people who don't talk to democrats, have never actually been to a protest, and exclusively consume right wing media (including extreme right wing forums like this one). On this forum I've repeatedly asked how many protests have people actually been to. The answer is always none. People on this forum take the 1% of protests that are violent, and assume they all are (even though in this case that 1% is nearly always escalated by the police).

So let's repeat the actual issue. People protested violence by the police. The police responded by initiating violence against non-violent people (hundreds of cases which are on video). Still nothing was done. It took nationwide protests for cops who were caught on video killing someone to be charged with a crime.

I used to respect the GOP (in the past I was registered republican). That the right doesn't have the backbone to stand up against things like that is saddening. More and more it's the party that turns a blind eye to abuse and authoritarianism.

People do tend to start trying to protect themselves when police continually attack peaceful protesters, yes. It's almost like police being more violent in response to people protesting violence by the police does nothing but escalate things.
Lol, at this total nonsense post. How many people on the right have pulled guns on Walmart employees for asking them to wear masks? You're just grasping at straws and the rest of your post is all a**backwards in reality also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 10:17 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

Old 07-26-2020, 10:37 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
What abuses? You mean not letting criminals do what criminals do? Jeez, some of these rioters are rioting about things that happened a year or more ago. If they have to point to things that happened a year ago THERE IS NO SYSTEMIC problem. Heck, the riots happening today are not about Floyd anymore.
Oh hell, it's not even about things that happened a year ago or even recently. They are rioting and looting over things that happened decades ago and it isn't even a part of the present.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-26-2020 at 10:48 AM..

Old 07-26-2020, 12:18 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times

Old 07-26-2020, 12:20 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,183,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
These are OUR cities, we live there too! Why on Earth are Democrat politicians forbidding their police from restoring order? Banning the cops from arresting the people doing the burning and looting? Telling their own police to STAND DOWN when the thugs are destroying stores, building, statues, courthouses? Breaking down gates, pouring into private property, threatening to kill the homeowners... and then taking away the guns of the ones who call the cops, get no response, and so defend themselves?

Democrats, is this what you want?

This is INSANITY. And it's been continuing unabated for what, nearly 55 days?

When are Democrats going to STOP THE MADNESS???

Seattle, July 22: https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2...rotest-mayhem/

Portland, July 22: https://www.kptv.com/news/portland-p...4daef1bdb.html

Chicago, July 20, rioters ambush police: https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/20/pol...lice-brutality

St. Louis, June 2, 4 officers shot, fires burning: https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...7fe462063.html

Portland, July 22, thugs use lasers on police, other protesters: https://www.fox13news.com/news/feder...-officials-say

11:15PM Wed., July 22, 2020
This is what Democrats do. Its who they are.

Old 07-26-2020, 02:05 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What laws were the 10s of thousands who were not destroying property breaking? If you want to say the people destroying property don't get to participate in the negotiations, then have the cops arrest them. That has no bearing on the people exercising their right to protest.

People sound dumb when they accuse protesters of being terrorists. Either up your vocabulary or find a better argument.

Maybe. But it's obvious the protesters would rather stay and change the system that live in. That's their call to make.
Why would anyone need to negotiate with "peaceful protesters"? By virtue of them being "peaceful" they aren't rioting/looting/vandalizing anything.

Even you have to admit that lately, "peaceful protests" are a rare occurrence.

No one is saying "peaceful protesters" are a problem (never mind the fact that we are in the middle of a pandemic), it's when those peaceful protests turn ugly it becomes a problem.

Your attempt to conflate peaceful protesters with rioters/looters/vandals is a total fail.

Did you see this link that appeared in a recent thread here? I somehow doubt you saw it. After all, it shows just how easily a peaceful protest turns violent:

https://www.facebook.com/WGNTV/video...id=18&__tn__=R

Old 07-26-2020, 02:42 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Those who openly embrace lawlessness have been loudly supporting tRump during his entire term.

It ends in a few short months.

January 20th at the latest.

I think it's time to stop drinking the kool-aid....

Old 07-26-2020, 02:49 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,159,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I would just ignore that poster. Obviously doesn't respect himself let alone others.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking We've seen this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
"kool aid" you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I would just ignore that poster. Obviously doesn't respect himself let alone others.
Ignore lists are for wimps, AZL.

Trumplings...

Out of ammo, so posting about ME instead of politics.

Carry on.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:01 PM

2,145 posts, read 1,212,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You think any of this has to do with police abuse? This is about pushing a far left agenda. You have to be blind if you can't see that.
I wonder what Mr Floyd was thinking at the end...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies