Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 05:16 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Sure! I'm all about allowing a computer geek to make my health care decisions for me! What could possibly go wrong?
You do know that Bill Gates himself isn’t making the vaccine right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 05:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't remember the polio vaccine, although I know I had it. But I do remember some sort of red medicine on sugar cubes that we took every year in elementary school. Not sure if that was for polio or not.
The Polio Pioneers, of whom I was one, received the Salk vaccine (or the placebo, as I did). I was seven at the time and in second grade. The Sabin vaccine, given on the sugar cube, came later, when I was around ten or eleven. It protected against some forms of polio not included in the three-shot Salk vaccine, so I got that, too.

It was a lot better than the Salk vaccine, I thought at the time - a nice sweet sugar cube was highly preferable to not one, but a series of three shots! I only remember having on sugar cube, however - it was supposedly good for life and not an annual vaccine.

Of course, in each instance, my parents did the responsible thing and protected me via the best means possible at the time.

(Shout-out to other Polio Pioneers who liked my first post on the topic - we got a lot of national publicity back in the day, and I still have my little red and white pin-on button declaring me a Polio Pioneer. My classmates and I never got the free ice cream it was rumored other Pioneers got, alas...)

Old 08-02-2020, 05:21 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LOL. Maybe if Bill Gates believed in demon sex then he'd have some credibility with Trumpers.

Good one!

I'm not sure of the point of this thread. I get a flu shot every fall, because the flu mutates enough each year to warrant a new vaccine.

Now, if a vaccine is developed that will prevent the development of COVID 19, and if two, or even three shots, are needed, and if a person then develops lifetime immunity from this virus, that would be a miracle.

More than likely, from my reading, we will need annual shots for this virus; perhaps think of it as a booster shot.

As for Mr Gates, his foundation has donated money to build 7 vaccine factories. Why 7? Because vaccines are different in how they are produced. I know little about this, but apparently Mr. Gates is betting that at least one of the factories would be suitable for any vaccine that is developed; he is willing to take the loss on the factories that are not needed (although they could be utilized in the future).

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...navirus-2020-4

What is the Trump Foundation doing? What? It was dissolved? For misuse of funds? Had to pay 2 million in damages?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/n...oundation.html

But by all means, demonize Bill Gates.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:24 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
It's tough work being a philanthropist these days, with the lunatic fringe cooking up all kinds of weird conspiracy theories.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:28 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess the buffoons at FAUX News don't know some vaccines like Shingrix require multiple doses.
Wrong guess. The Fox News article reports Gates' comments and the vaccine situation matter-of-factly. There is no connection between it and the OP's lunacy.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:30 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Of course it would require multiple doses, even if they made an effective vaccine, it would only work for a few weeks.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:31 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
LOL. Maybe if Bill Gates believed in demon sex then he'd have some credibility with Trumpers.
Nah, he's just another left-wing loser.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You do know that Bill Gates himself isn’t making the vaccine right?

If you say so.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:43 PM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
This is silly and is not helping.

Bill Gates has spent much of his adult life and a good chunk of his fortune bringing vaccines and medicines to parts of the world that need it. I may quibble with his politics but there’s probably only a short list of people on this planet who have done more to improve modern life then he has.

I don’t think he’s doing that so that he can now poison us all with coronavirus vaccine. I think the conspiracy theories about him are over the top… And not helping.

Old 08-02-2020, 05:51 PM

186 posts, read 67,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Sure! I'm all about allowing a computer geek to make my health care decisions for me! What could possibly go wrong?
Nothing compared to the damage that the lies, disinformation and propaganda that you plandemic types seem to want to create as you resurrect your ignorant self-serving campaign against public health, real science, knowledge and truth.

Your post is full of sh*t.
Bill and Melinda Gates and their Foundation are not making health care decisions for you.

Have to wonder why we are going down this rabbithole, today? Seems to be some sort of resurrected concerted campaign, again underway, to undermine our public health and national and economic security!

Disgusting when so many people just want to create problems as opposed to being part of any solutions to serious issues affecting humanity. If you don't want to be a part of helping, so be it, but stop making harm. Get out of the way and quit disparaging those who do want to help and who have already and still are helping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies