Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 01:59 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
White Christians use religion to judge those they hate. They embrace those they like and offer forgiveness and repentance.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ce-ncna1235045

NBC news, really? It's a OP-ED liberal BS.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:00 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Does it strike anyone else as odd that there is an alleged Canadian in this thread condemning the United States and it’s history of slavery, which ended over 155 years ago, as well as condemning Christianity....

And yet that person seems to ignore the ongoing slave trade in Middle Eastern countries?

Things that make you go hhmmmm.

Alleged Canadian...could from ANYWHERE.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:06 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What, you ranked 8 denominations by racist level.

I guess people have different experiences.
I lived in OH until I was 14 although I had family roots in the south. Went to HS in the south where church was everything. First question was who is your daddy or parents, second question what church do you go to. Albeit 97% in my southern community were S Baptist.
Honestly I heard more racist crap in the North from non religious people and I have no idea their religion people than I heard in the south.
Not to say I havent heard some racist language from white Christians but no more than from non religious people.
I listed those denominations in no particular order. It wasn't about who was more racist. I was just telling you whom I heard it from the most. I'm speaking as someone who has been called the "N" word to my face, as well as other anti-Black slurs.

I've lived on the West coast and in the South. The majority of racist persons I ran into, personally, were from the South. I also mentioned racial tensions existing between Blacks and non-Black groups in places like Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Boston, and Los Angeles.

And as for non-religious people, I've seen my share of racist people who aren't religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies