Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 06:09 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Over the last two months we have seen the failures of dem mayors and governors to protect their citizens and maintain social order. Rioters have been allowed to loot, burn, plunder, and murder with few, if any, consequences to their actions.

If the dems can't maintain order in their cities, how do they expect to maintain order for the entire nation? It appears as though trying to ignore the rioters is not working and anarchy reigns. Is this what the dems want for all of America?
I'm not sure maintaining order is really high on their priorities.

Kowtowing to marxist groups and toeing the party line regardless of the death and destruction, so long as it gives the appearance of 'caring' for, umm, certain groups, is what matters most.

Style over substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 06:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Every time I go outside, I get stabbed in the eyes, ***ed by 8 people, kidnapped, set on fire, and then shot in the head three times. As I type this very sentence, some guy is hitting me in the head with a spiked baseball bat, full force.
It's kind of obvious you've been hit in the head full force based on your post.

I don't quite understand why it's so hard to admit that our politicians have failed us. It isn't a reflection on us personally - it's fact.

I'd rather be honest and fault my party than be a party loyalist through dishonesty.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:16 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Trump didn't fail anything in regards to the virus. That's just the usual lies and spin by the liberal left and other Democrats.
Trump lied from day 1. Claiming it would just disappear. Now after 150K+ dead he is ignoring the problem.
Pushing conspiracy theories and Russian propaganda. As well as Tea Party fake Dr's. who believe in alien insemination and drugs which do more harm then good.

Trump threw out a plan to protect the nation from a pandemic. Trump has no idea on how to stop it.

Trump is a failed mentally ill person.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:18 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
obama left the supplies unreplenished.

And trump ignored that for 3 years. Come on folks, you cant blame Obama when your president has been there for 3 years, 2 of which he had full control of the house and senate!

Old 07-29-2020, 06:19 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump lied from day 1. Claiming it would just disappear. Now after 150K+ dead he is ignoring the problem.
Pushing conspiracy theories and Russian propaganda. As well as Tea Party fake Dr's. who believe in alien insemination and drugs which do more harm then good.

Trump threw out a plan to protect the nation from a pandemic. Trump has no idea on how to stop it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ funny.....

Old 07-29-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And trump ignored that for 3 years. Come on folks, you cant blame Obama when your president has been there for 3 years, 2 of which he had full control of the house and senate!

No doubt, but why was it not replenished while obama was in charge? You know, he used it up.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

To the bold, prove it. Don't give us just portion of the quote that you agree with, give us his entire quote.

Over that last 30ish years, what president has STOPPED (in your own words) a pandemic? I'll wait for your answer and I will not hold my breath.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:24 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,180,769 times
They cant. That is why so many said they are voting for Trump because they do not want the nation to turn into what the places run by Dems have turned into!

Old 07-29-2020, 08:24 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
I’m more concerned that you want “control”.

Old 07-29-2020, 09:03 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Over the last two months we have seen the failures of dem mayors and governors to protect their citizens and maintain social order. Rioters have been allowed to loot, burn, plunder, and murder with few, if any, consequences to their actions.

If the dems can't maintain order in their cities, how do they expect to maintain order for the entire nation? It appears as though trying to ignore the rioters is not working and anarchy reigns. Is this what the dems want for all of America?
It's not a Democratic or Republican issue why our major cities are falling short.

The truth is the American model of what passes for a city nowadays is outdated

Old housing stock, decrepit public transportation, old infrastructure, all of that will do it

Which leads the 1% to stay in pockets and the 99% to fight over the rest.

Every major American city is built like this. And dont talk about middle class, middle class is 99% too.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies