Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Mail-in Voting function well enough?
Yes, MIV will work well enough 24 30.00%
Yes, with some glitches and some corruption 4 5.00%
No, it won't work well enough. Not good method 10 12.50%
No, it will fail. Many contested elections House/Senate 38 47.50%
We won't know untill we get there 4 5.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 11:30 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And they want us to believe that universal mail in ballots shouldn’t present any problems...”Right”

https://nypost.com/2020/08/04/25-per...aries-invalid/
Makes the result far more malleable. And more importantly, one of my professional mentor's father-in-law died and his funeral was yesterday. Would you deprive a 1954 Jewish immigrant from Morocco of the right to vote merely on account of death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 11:34 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The election will be such a cluster F. It will be delayed for weeks if not months, in that time we will get to see our Toddler in Chief cry at levels even unseen by him.

But what is the solution? You just can't force people to crowded places if they feel uncomfortable. Trump obviously knows which side will have more concerns so he is playing the "fraud" card even though it has never been proven. He wants to force people to go to the poll because he knows his side will turn out.
Answer is open additional polling places. There has never been a crowd in upstate NY - we're open from 6 am -9 pm. They have at least 3 districts set up in an auditorium and I've never waited more than a couple of minutes.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:36 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump is doing everything he can to delay his exit from office. Once out of office he is going to be criminally charged.
Trump seems to overlooked one thing. Many republicans also vote via mail ballots and if they are forced to vote in person they won't show up either. Mail-in ballots for Trump has the same validity as mail-in ballots for Biden.

The truth is that many voters, both republican and democrat, are saying, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

I am in a red state and I wear a "Biden 2020" hat. No matter where I go I get a lot of thumbs up and lately I am seeing more and more "Biden" signs on lawns.
Another one who talks about his state with no mention of what state he's talking about nor any profile.

Old 08-05-2020, 01:22 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Default Mail-in voting: govt will send ballots to all registered voters. How many will vote? What happens to rest of ballots?

Mail-in voting: govt will send ballots to all registered voters. How many will vote? What happens to rest of ballots?

In Nov. 2016, there were 204 million registered voters. 141 million of them voted (65% of those registered).

https://www.eac.gov/news/2017/06/29/...vides-snapshot

If they had done a similar "mail in voting" campaign nationwide back then, and sent out 204 million ballots (mostly to people who had not requested them), and 141 million of them filled them out and mailed them in, what would happen to the other 63 million ballots?

These 63 million ballots are a treasure trove for anybody who wants to illegally influence the election. What would stop somebody from collecting as many of them as the wanted (or could), filling them out, and dropping them in the mail? Could an extra few million ballots treated this way, impact an election?

Mail-in voting is a golden road to office, for someone who otherwise would have lost the election if all ballots were carefully controlled and kept secured as they always have been in ordinary ballot-box elections.

Nationwide mail-in voting is the best way govt has ever offered to crooks, to make sure the will of the people is NOT followed.

If you want to know who those crooks are, just look and see who is most in favor of mail-in voting.

Last edited by Roboteer; 08-05-2020 at 02:28 PM..

Old 08-05-2020, 01:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Crooks won't need help if Trump refuses to give $25 billion to the Post Office so it can cope with sorting and delivering many millions of mail in ballots. Millions of votes won't be counted in time.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:03 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Answer is open additional polling places. There has never been a crowd in upstate NY - we're open from 6 am -9 pm. They have at least 3 districts set up in an auditorium and I've never waited more than a couple of minutes.
I wouldn’t assume this will be the same as 2016 we have already seen several disasters. Like Wisconsin.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:28 PM

19,767 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Or they will go to nursing homes, Indian reservations, and the ghetto where they can fill in the ballots for those "unfortunate people".
Or like Republicans did in NC- hire a criminal scab to go out and ballot harvest.

Whoopsie.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:29 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The states that vote by mail put a bar code on each and every mail in ballot. It can be tracked all along the way.
Okay and that will help not at all. I regularly send things by certified mail so I know how well the bar code works. Half the packages never get scanned and some never arrive at their destination. And that’s today when the mail is not overwhelmed like it would be.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:31 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Crooks won't need help if Trump refuses to give $25 billion to the Post Office so it can cope with sorting and delivering many millions of mail in ballots. Millions of votes won't be counted in time.
You apparently didn't read the OP. Not har do guess why.

Here, I'll give you another chance:

If they had done a similar "mail in voting" campaign nationwide back then, and sent out 204 million ballots (mostly to people who had not requested them), and 141 million of them filled them out and mailed them in, what would happen to the other 63 million ballots?

These 63 million ballots are a treasure trove for anybody who wants to illegally influence the election. What would stop somebody from collecting as many of them as they wanted (or could), filling them out, and dropping them in the mail? Could an extra few million ballots treated this way, impact an election?

Old 08-05-2020, 02:35 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,187 times
US postal service will dump them in the trash because they can't handle daily mail let alone voting mail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies