Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2020, 01:48 PM

37,277 posts, read 41,501,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
But it is a game. Facts and Science are pushed aside in favor of irrational thoughts. At first I thought it was legitimate fear but as the months go on and the facts stack up in favor of a mild illness.. I realize that the people who are pushing "this is serious" cannot be serious.
Some people are dead serious: over 150,000 of them.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,439,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I still don't understand why some people really believe that.
They are the same people who believe sex with demons will make you develop cysts.

That is total nonsense of course.

Of all the sexual encounters I've had with demons I've never developed a cyst. Not one.

Liars.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:51 PM

68,372 posts, read 54,603,269 times
NO!

Old 08-01-2020, 01:51 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,502,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
Jeez why do Republicans and Trump feel everything is about him? When WW2/pearl harbor hit we didn't say it hit to make Roosevelt look bad Katrina/ 9/11 didn't hit to make Bush look bad.

Sh** happens its not about the President but it does put their leadership to the test and the current occupant of the WH has failed miserably.
Precisely correct.

These people have a compulsion to lie for this president. We aren't buying it.

Brits might say "this 'plandemic' was started the make Boris Johnson look bad" ... well he doesn't look so bad after all, so no one is making lame excuses for him.

Trump was on the spot, it was his turn at bat, he failed. Trump only looks bad because he is terribly incompetent and self serving, not because any one nation or person planned an epidemic.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:52 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,502,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They are the same people who believe sex with demons will make you develop cysts.

That is total nonsense of course.

Of all the sexual encounters I've had with demons I've never developed a cyst. Not one.

Liars.
I married a demon once ... long story.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,187,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Good Lord, here we go again.

No.

I could say more, but what would be the point?
It's easier than coming to grips with the realization that the TV personality you voted for as president is an imbecile

Old 08-01-2020, 02:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,486,529 times
Only an idiot would believe something so stupid. Scary their vote counts as much as mine.

20,700 posts, read 12,581,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
No the Democrats didn't start the virus to get rid of Trump but they have certainly made good on their practice of never letting a good crisis go to waste.

People are hurting financially and people are dying. The economy is in shambles with millions out of work and some jobs will never come back. They say welcome to the new normal where if you don't do as they say you will die.

Trump slowed travel from China early on and he was called a racist for it yet he saved lives.

The virus is still playing out. There has been mistakes and missteps over the past several months including from the experts at the CDC the WHO and if Fauci ever wanted to change careers he would make a terrific weatherman but who gets ALL the BLAME? Trump. Who is blaming him? The Democrats and their media.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.
You didn't know that it affects Democrats also?

7,256 posts, read 4,592,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If this is such a mild illness, explain these things: 156,000 deaths from Covid-19, in a period of 6 months. Explain how that is a game. Explain how that would be such a mild illness. If it was a mild illness, why are many people requiring ventilators to keep from dying?
Simple shifting of the blame to Covid when it could have and likely was other illnesses.

Besides, THE FACTS are that currently death's are 6% of all cases and as soon as the other 6 MILLION cases that are likely to result in no ill effects are counted, it will drop down to 1%... and that does not even count the facts and scientific studies that state that the number of covid infections are 80 times more than currently counted.

Facts prior to 2020 were that cloth masks were not effective. Yet, we are forced to wear them. Even though they have not stopped infections.

Study after study comes out saying vitamin D sufficiency stops serious cases but no one ever mentions it and people stubbornly refuse to take vitamin D but expect me to quarantine.

It is JUST insane.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:10 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,449,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Simple shifting of the blame to Covid when it could have and likely was other illnesses.

Besides, THE FACTS are that currently death's are 6% of all cases and as soon as the other 6 MILLION cases that are likely to result in no ill effects are counted, it will drop down to 1%... and that does not even count the facts and scientific studies that state that the number of covid infections are 80 times more than currently counted.

Facts prior to 2020 were that cloth masks were not effective. Yet, we are forced to wear them. Even though they have not stopped infections.

Study after study comes out saying vitamin D sufficiency stops serious cases but no one ever mentions it and people stubbornly refuse to take vitamin D but expect me to quarantine.

It is JUST insane.
Cloth masks are not effective at filtering out viral particles from entering the wearers mouth (whereas N95 are somewhat effective at that).

However cloth masks are likely somewhat effective in reducing distance of projection of viral particles outward into the wearers environment. Since many people are asymptomatic, at least wearing a cloth mask could likely reduce transmission in that way. And since we don't know who is an asymptomatic carrier of the virus, that is the rational for at least requiring a cloth mask since N95 is not available for everyone yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies