Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2020, 02:19 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,553,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
However cloth masks are likely somewhat effective in reducing distance of projection of viral particles outward into the wearers environment. Since many people are asymptomatic, at least wearing a cloth mask could likely reduce transmission in that way. And since we don't know who is an asymptomatic carrier of the virus, that is the rational for at least requiring a cloth mask since N95 is not available for everyone yet.
No they are not. Anyone who is still arguing this cannot be on the level.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:20 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Ah, conspiracy theorists, they never fail to entertain.

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
rid of Donald J? Talking to my friend here and he's about 28 or so and believes this, my daughter believes this a lot and I'm beginning to go there. And how it was all started, we'll never know, will we? China and the US, China only, the U.S. only?

This young man would vote for Donald in Nov. My daughter I don't know....and me a lifelong Dem, I don't know....but I would not vote for Donald. Are we permitted to do a "write in"...

If this was all planned out, the damage done will take years to reverse or get back to prosperity for all...hard to believe it was planned, but I'm wondering.

I don't care to read a bunch of links, a simple Yes or No and maybe a few words from this Very Vocal Group.
No, it was not a plan to get rid of Trump. Covid isn't political.

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No they are not. Anyone who is still arguing this cannot be on the level.
Sure they are.

If you look at the distance of particles projected with breathing/coughing without wearing a mask vs wearing one, it is clearly less with one.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:22 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I don't think it was started to get rid of him but it is certainly being used that way.

It is 20% real, 50% hysteria, and 30% fraud.

It is basically a strong flue that finishes off people with pre-existing conditions, usually three or more. It was absolutely not worth destroying the economy for, as people who have emphysema, diabetes, etc. can self-quarantine. The problems of a woman trying to figure out how to feed her three kids, or a middle-aged couple losing their twenty year business is more more real and immediate.

And yes, it is the ****bag left that is pushing the fraud.
Covid isn't political. It's running rampant through our country, regardless of age. Many hospitals are at or near capacity in their ICUs. People have long term health effects from it. So no, no one is using Covid. It doesn't need anyone's help.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:30 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Forget about China. Italy, Spain, the U.K, and the Netherlands were hit before the U.S. were: was most of Europe "in" on getting rid of Trump? What the heck would Italy have anything to do with American elections?
The virus is real, but has been politicized to try and take Trump out.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:41 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Commissioned by a Deepstater/the Deepstate, created in a lab..............would not
surprise me in the least.

Remember 9-11, all those very fishy Jihadists shockingly "managed" to get into
the USA under highly questionable circumstances?????

Old 08-01-2020, 02:43 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
No the Democrats didn't start the virus to get rid of Trump but they have certainly made good on their practice of never letting a good crisis go to waste.

People are hurting financially and people are dying. The economy is in shambles with millions out of work and some jobs will never come back. They say welcome to the new normal where if you don't do as they say you will die.

Trump slowed travel from China early on and he was called a racist for it yet he saved lives.

The virus is still playing out. There has been mistakes and missteps over the past several months including from the experts at the CDC the WHO and if Fauci ever wanted to change careers he would make a terrific weatherman but who gets ALL the BLAME? Trump. Who is blaming him? The Democrats and their media.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.
Ever heard of the saying The buck stops here ?
A President is supposed to Lead and take charge of a crisis and be held accountable.
If you don't want a President to be held accountable during a crisis then why have a President at all?
Or do you only want them held accountable when it's a President that you oppose?

Old 08-01-2020, 02:47 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Ever heard of the saying The buck stops here ?
A President is supposed to Lead and take charge of a crisis and be held accountable.
If you don't want a President to be held accountable during a crisis then why have a President at all?
Or do you only want them held accountable when it's a President that you oppose?
Hmm...wonder who said this once:

"Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...302091776?s=19

Old 08-01-2020, 02:48 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
We were supposed to ski there, the day they closed down. We went to the condo over the summer instead (a perfect social distancing vacation) and I did get the impression that they are working hard with covid related planning. I would agree that the meals would be impossible on the mountain as it was before. We have a ski in/ski out thank god. But I'm not convinced it will actually happen. Just hoping...

And I'm very glad your wife recovered.
Thank you.

In Jan I went to Big Sky where they have the heated 8 seaters with that blue hood you can pull down. Talk about risk now! We docs were still basically poo-pooing the virus back then. And then we got some sick Canadians, one with respiratory risk factors ending up in the ICU. I got really sick a few days later thinking this was really it! But out of 9, all tested neg. And my immuno-compromised wife did not get sick from me. So this only strengthened my denial. Until Beaver in March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies