Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 02:02 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,563,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
Why do you file this under "Cancel culture"? It's simply a matter of disrespect to at least part of his customer base. Incase you haven't noticed, trump is an extremely divisive figure in our country. I haven't seen so much division since Ronald Reagan days. It's perfectly reasonable for ppl to feel offended by a blatant display like a trump flag.

Only in the minds of his detractors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 02:06 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Chit Chat View Post
Apparently having a picture on the wall or a flag outside is now flaunting.
I know, right? The owner was just asking for it! Let's report him! Woke scolds won't be satisfied until they shut down all opposing views.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:09 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,697 times
Quote:
Sounds like he knew his clientele and this attention got him even more business.
I certainly hope so!

Old 08-01-2020, 02:32 PM

78,774 posts, read 60,963,448 times
What kind of nutjob does it take to try to destroy someones business over their politics?

I mean seriously, I just go about my life and if the pizza store owner votes differently than me either left or right than so be it.

Now maybe she decides not to go back there which is extreme imo but oh well.

However, trying to organize a boycott\ban is reprehensible.

Again, it's an election year and people are over-immersing in politics. Their own mental problems thus bubble to the surface.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:44 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,898,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What kind of nutjob does it take to try to destroy someones business over their politics?

I mean seriously, I just go about my life and if the pizza store owner votes differently than me either left or right than so be it.

Again, it's an election year and people are over-immersing in politics. Their own mental problems thus bubble to the surface.
That's pretty much what I said about trying organize a shut down. I'm like who the F does woman think she is. Don't like the Trump flag hit the bricks Nancy.

Again, it say the same about a Biden flag. We still have freedom of speech, for now until the left gets that shutdown too.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:44 PM

31,341 posts, read 14,366,475 times
Quote:
That is what it is really all about and we all know it. A portion of the left, the crazy rabid part, wants to stifle 100% of the views that do not align with them. This isn't just about being offended because they are over sensitive. This is about control by shutting down differing views.
Bingo

Old 08-01-2020, 02:45 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,821,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Do you say the same when trump calls for a boycott? Just curious.

A few posters on here are consistent but most cry foul when the left does it but has no problem with the right doing it.

I'm for the free market. People can spend as they like, and advocate for others to do the same. Everyone is free to make their own choices.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:19 PM
bjh

60,242 posts, read 30,499,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The average Trump-basher thinks on the level of a twelve-year-old; you can't convince them that other people have a right to an opinion contrary to their "pop wisdom". . .
The Left acts like anyone with different ideas, time tested ideas, logical ideas, are horrible people. Meanwhile the far Left behaves horribly.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:45 PM

19,313 posts, read 17,200,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
Fact is: President Trump only attacks those who attack him first.
Oh spare me, he is a thin skinned 5 year old who is nothing but a bully; attacked him first give me a break....

He's suppose to be the President of the United States! act like it!

Old 08-01-2020, 05:34 PM

78,774 posts, read 60,963,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Do you say the same when trump calls for a boycott? Just curious.

A few posters on here are consistent but most cry foul when the left does it but has no problem with the right doing it.

I'm for the free market. People can spend as they like, and advocate for others to do the same. Everyone is free to make their own choices.
....and I'm free to have a low opinion of someone that would do that.

Secondly, be specific as to what boycott etc. because I rarely listen to anything Trump even says. If he called for a boycott of someone's store because they had a Biden poster in the window then sure, that's be the same idiocy.

Lastly, I never voted for Trump and never will. I find it amusing that someone as partisan as you would try to swing around accusations of unfair treatment at almost anybody with that log in your eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies