Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 11:24 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
Setting aside the gender war over who does more around the house, I think what the authors have pointed out is not necessarily the level of stress men and women both feel as the result of the pandemic but rather that it’s socially acceptable for women to express emotional hardship and thus they are more willing to do so than men.
I can see that as an issue. Men are told to bottle up their emotions and this leads to bad outcomes for them. As men we are supposed to "man up", this is why I investigate further when people bring up toxic masculinity. This is what a lot of feminists mean by toxic masculinity. Some feminists do think masculinity as a whole is toxic, but I have to think that they are in the minority of feminists. Maybe they are just the loudest of the feminist bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 11:29 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
" women who are crying themselves to sleep" as they do " uncompensated care at home and try to figure out what to do with their jobs"

Haven't parents always did uncompansated care at home, do they want retired people and people like me who decided not to have a son or daughter to pay for them to cook and clean for their families.

What is the solution to "crying themselves to sleep" as they do "uncompensated care at home" and "figure out what to do with their jobs"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...le/5517799002/

I am a single male who is not married but I think it is very interesting how it seems like every day there are articles about "uncompensated care at home" and home.

It seems as though unlike previous generations, a large percentage of millennials just working prepared for responsbilities of parenthood.

Then there are articles about how unjust it is to work from home because daycares cost to much.

There articles that working mothers and fathers should be accomodated with part-time work with full-time pay, compressed work hours.

https://www.parents.com/parenting/wo...more-flexible/
This has nothing to do with systemic racsim, but more to do with personal accountability and responsibility such as having kids and saving money for a rainy day such as covid 19. I'm a person of color, mix raced. For the first three weeks in the Pandemic. I had a hard time filing NYS unemployment and I had to use my savings to pay rent, and also use my savings to help care for my girlfriend who is black and believes in the systemic racsim complex. Yes systemic racsim is a problem but our society now is less systemic racist compared to wwht it was 60 years ago. Outliers do exist such as the subprime mess.

Be accountable and responsible, things will be alright for you. If your situation is nto great. You the individual must find way to change it and not wait for these Republicans and democrats in office who do things at a snails pace for you.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:35 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's the feminist agenda to teach women that caring is something they need to be paid for because it's not really a human thing to do. It's a job
The big problem with the feminist is that they want to be all for themselves, be the big loud smart independent woman. And at the end of the day. Still want a husband.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:38 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
That's awesome. I love hearing about people's DIY stories. My mom was pretty big on DIY stuff when I was growing up. I was fortunate to take auto shop classes in high school and used that as a way to help my family save money by working on their cars. I would help my mom put in flooring in our house growing up. My grandfather was into DIY stuff and my grandmother apparently helped rewire the house the house that my mom grew up in for electricity.

I don't know, I came from a line of people mostly from the city (DC and Baltimore), but I guess this attitude came from my great grandparents being adults during the Great Depression and was passed down. Not sure though. I notice that a lot of people in my age range don't even have a desire to learn how to do this stuff though.
Those high maintenance women spend every dime they make on themselves.

I keep that song Steve Earle's boy does " Champagne Corolla" on my playlist when the grandson's are around.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:41 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
" women who are crying themselves to sleep" as they do " uncompensated care at home and try to figure out what to do with their jobs"

Haven't parents always did uncompansated care at home, do they want retired people and people like me who decided not to have a son or daughter to pay for them to cook and clean for their families.

What is the solution to "crying themselves to sleep" as they do "uncompensated care at home" and "figure out what to do with their jobs"

I am a single male who is not married but I think it is very interesting how it seems like every day there are articles about "uncompensated care at home" and home.

It seems as though unlike previous generations, a large percentage of millennials just working prepared for responsbilities of parenthood.

Then there are articles about how unjust it is to work from home because daycares cost to much.

There articles that working mothers and fathers should be accomodated with part-time work with full-time pay, compressed work hours.

https://www.parents.com/parenting/wo...more-flexible/
[b] I am a single male who is not married [/B
Doubt you would understand a woman's view point in this matter .

Old 08-02-2020, 11:43 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
The big problem with the feminist is that they want to be all for themselves, be the big loud smart independent woman. And at the end of the day. Still want a husband.
Oh- today is female bashing day--- every week like clock work, you find a new group..

Old 08-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
Are you married with children? My guess is no. Cats though, I am sure you have tons of cats.
Yes, married with grown children.

No cats.

One dog.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:50 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep.

I had a female relative that said the reason home prices started skyrocketing was because women started working en masse. 2 higher incomes drove the prices up.

She wasn't wrong.
Was a time when buying a house only the husband s pay without overtime counted towards a mortgage. . Around 1980 a woman's pay started to count to a payment.
1972 i made 365 a week my wife was a professor at a local collage. only my pay went to applying for a morgage. 18K was all we were allowed.for a home just outside Boston.
We learned to save..We moved to North most NH and WE have done well.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:55 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Was a time when buying a house only the husband s pay without overtime counted towards a mortgage. . Around 1980 a woman's pay started to count to a payment.
1972 i made 365 a week my wife was a professor at a local collage. only my pay went to applying for a morgage. 18K was all we were allowed.for a home just outside Boston.
We learned to save..We moved to North most NH and WE have done well.
A few years before your experience, no female could get a mortgage. even if she worked at the bank. A man had to cosign the note. And some of us had to go to another state to get BC pills. Thank goodness we left that behind.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:59 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
From the article:

“We've known for a very long time that women, especially women of color, are breadwinners,'' says Jennifer Klein, chief strategy and policy officer at Time's Up, who added that these women additionally take on many unpaid tasks at home. "We also know, sadly, that we don't have sufficient public policies and private sector practices to support these two roles that they play, and I think the pandemic has only magnified and made this situation worse.''

Where are the men to help? Why don’t “women of color” have husbands or partners or adult male children who work and help with car maintenance and child care and so forth. Why is no one talking about that there might be a cultural failure in these communities? Why is the narrative always that these women as written about here are victims?

The biggest lie the feminists told was that women can “have it all” and do everything by themselves. Now we are seeing a renewed attack on the traditional family from the left, with the nonsense being promoted that a nuclear family is “too white” and that stay at home moms are “spoiled” or are “Karen’s”.

The line about “uncompensated work” is completely stupid. Everyone has work that they must do as an adult, whether it’s laundry or cleaning your house/apartment. Life is hard sometimes, but you just keep going.

Furthermore, the article cites “wage gap” statistics that have been debunked time and time again. Those numbers do not compare apples to apples:

“Using the statistic that women make 78 cents on the dollar as evidence of rampant discrimination has been debunked over and over again. That statistic doesn’t take into account a lot of choices that women and men make—education, years of experience and hours worked—that influence earnings. If we want to have a fruitful discussion about a gender wage gap, we should have it after the comparison is adjusted for those factors.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-gap-myth/amp/

And:

“The bottom line: the 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours worked per week. When such relevant factors are considered, the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing.”

https://time.com/3222543/wage-pay-gap-myth-feminism/

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 08-02-2020 at 12:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies