Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Biden debate Trump?
Yes- he will do just fine in the debate 49 28.16%
Yes- even if he does poorly, it is better than not showing up 44 25.29%
No- he will lose, as his impairment will be apparent 54 31.03%
No- he has nothing to gain from the debate 27 15.52%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:27 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Biden is going to go on stage and short-circuit like he did on the View. And leftists want to rig the debates with leftist fact-checkers who are really leftist narrative pushers who will do things like call criminal rioters "protesters".
I'm really sickened and disheartened to see the media acting so irresponsibly has they've done the last few years. They don't even really attempt to hid their anti-trump and anti-conservative views anymore.

It's nauseating to me. Watching what is clearly protesting that has gone over into rioting territory and they still won't call it that, they'll use other softer sounding language.

Who the heck is pushing all of this as it sure seems like it's a coordinated effort at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 01:32 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Poor Joe, where's Donna Brazile when you really need her.

Last edited by Ultor; 08-03-2020 at 01:49 PM..

Old 08-03-2020, 01:53 PM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Trump will make a fool, out of Biden, and his 50 year record, and Biden knows that, that is why he does not want a debate.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:56 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Show us proof that "there have been some in the dem party who have advocating that Biden NOT debate Trump, as his mental status would be on display for the nation."

If you can't, and I doubt you can, then this is just you flapping your gums again. To no one's surprise.
Biden is chomping at the bit to get on a stage and face the Great Orange Pretender.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...trump-n1233385

Old 08-03-2020, 02:01 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
They really can't allow Joe to appear before the public for three one hour sessions- his impairment will be on full display and he will lose in a landslide.

They need to cancel, claiming it is due to the coronavirus.
That is certainly what they will attempt.

Hopefully the American public is smart enough to see what is happening...... but would you ever bet on the general public?

Old 08-03-2020, 02:04 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Biden BETTER debate Trump!

Usually I don't watch politicians debate since it's an utter snooze fest. However, last election's was intriguing seeing the chess match between Trump and Hillary, with Hillary pulling no punches and ultimately failing.

Watching Biden having to debate another on the world stage, for the most powerful political office in the world, now that is MUST SEE television!
Oh god, I'm totally with you. I live for the debates every four years no matter who is running, but these will be the best yet I'm sure.

Hillary lost the debates IMO but she handled herself well and threw plenty of daggers. Biden will melt like a snowcone in the desert.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I already showed you links (from lib sources) which shows that many in the DNC are suggesting that Biden not debate Trump.

As you are a lib, you cannot read or acknowledge anything that refutes your world view. To do so would require honest introspection, which liberals will not, and cannot, do. That is one of the reasons that commies/libs want to eliminate or revise history; without a historical record, "history" can be modified to say whatever you want it to say and mold it for political purposes. Of course, burying the truth is not a practice of benevolent, altruistic entities.

It is a real problem for dems. If Joe debates, he has lost the election for sure, as everyone will see his diminished mental capacity, which they cannot hide for that period of time.

Biden will most likely lose anyway, as the riots of late have motivated conservatives and NO ONE is excited about Joe. However, if he refuses to debate, at least he has a chance. Most likely the DNC will say they are cancelling the debates over concern for COVID-19. That will "play" to the liberal loyal throngs, who will applaud the decision as "prudent".
This just in. Biden is ready to go, Trump is not.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...-trump-debates

Old 08-03-2020, 02:07 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Trump will make a fool, out of Biden, and his 50 year record, and Biden knows that, that is why he does not want a debate.
I agree. I think Trump is a brawler street fighter type and is good at the school yard taunts and the bully stuff. That's his domain, poor ol' Joe is going to look foolish. I actually am sort of hoping for Biden's sake that he doesn't make a fool out of him. I'm not a Biden supporter but I still don't wanna see an old dude get his ass handed to him and made a fool of.

I posted earlier about Trump and Hilary, she handled herself fine, but she's much quicker on the uptake than Biden is. I wasn't a big fan of Clinton, but there's no denying that she's still banging on all cylinders, can't say the same about Biden.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:08 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister 7 View Post
oh god, i'm totally with you. I live for the debates every four years no matter who is running, but these will be the best yet i'm sure.

Hillary lost the debates imo but she handled herself well and threw plenty of daggers. biden will melt like a snowcone in the desert.
lol. Good analogy...

Old 08-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump's only hope for his campaign now is a stellar performance during the debates. He is literally going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Trump will need to prove to the American people that he is not the same incompetent boob they have been observing for the last 3-1/2 years.

Trump will need to show that he has his facts straight (he will be fact checked) and that he can remained focused on message.

Trump will not prepare, he will wander off topic, expounding wildly and making up things ... and he will have problems with sniffling and pronunciation. It's going to look ugly.
Trump does not have the ability to form complex thoughts, stay on topic, or remember what he just said. Joe Biden has more hands-on experience in handling affairs of state than Trump does.

Once Trump starts trying to wing it and making false statements, Biden is going to clean his clock with easily checked facts. It will be a bloodbath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies