Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 01:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Here's the article with no pay wall.

Basically, let's let the dust settle and we'll be back with you shortly. And boys, please be careful of what video you share, 'k? :

He added: “We will revisit our relationship with the Museum when I am convinced that they have made the necessary changes to ensure this type of behavior does not happen again.”

https://apnews.com/335e37f877f88d1d313eae094c1d0003
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 01:54 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
After Gallagher, the USN didn’t need the heat. But these knuckleheads just can’t help themselves. I don’t know what conditions the rear adm has in mind but he knows darn well that observers will be looking.

The internet is forever. What an embarrassment these clowns in the video are.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:06 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What did you expect them to do in today's climate of the witch hunt?
Yup, but it's been that way for quite a while now.

In this hyper sensitive PC society of ours (where 'free speech' only goes one way, if y'all know what I mean), it is expected that any entity or organization be very pro-active in condemning anything that is perceived to be 'bigoted.'

It is far, far better in these people's eyes to err on the side of caution than to say or do nothing and be labeled a 'racist.'

This is why whenever alleged hate crimes are reported, politicians and celebrities alike rush to publicly condemn what happened and offer support to the 'victim,' even if the incident eventually is found to be a hoax.

Things of that nature.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:13 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://apnews.com/335e37f877f88d1d313eae094c1d0003

Boom. Done.

"Each and every one of us serves to protect our fellow Americans - ALL Americans. Even the perception that our commitment to serving the men and women of this nation is applied unevenly is destructive," Rear Admiral Collin Green, who heads the Naval Special Warfare Command, said in an email to his forces on Monday evening...

In the letter, Green said, "While the museum is an independent non-profit organization and the participants were contracted employees from outside the DoD, in many ways, these facts are irrelevant. We have been inextricably linked to this organization that represents our history."
Good. No place in the military for internal divisions.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, but it's been that way for quite a while now.

In this hyper sensitive PC society of ours (where 'free speech' only goes one way, if y'all know what I mean), it is expected that any entity or organization be very pro-active in condemning anything that is perceived to be 'bigoted.'

It is far, far better in these people's eyes to err on the side of caution than to say or do nothing and be labeled a 'racist.'

This is why whenever alleged hate crimes are reported, politicians and celebrities alike rush to publicly condemn what happened and offer support to the 'victim,' even if the incident eventually is found to be a hoax.

Things of that nature.
Yep and it's pretty predictable. They have to jump on it or risk being attacked until they're ruined.

Sick stuff.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity
The right thing, which is what the rear adm did. You’re welcome.
Quote:
I didn't thank you.
Hellopity, FYI....by repping me and commenting there you do two things:

1) look like you don't have the cajones to post here.

2) reward me with points.

It's like leaving a great tip while complaining about the service.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:26 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
OP, you have a very strange fascination and reaction with this...

Old 08-04-2020, 02:36 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
At least she is no longer calling for the senseless murder of innocent animals.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Hellopity, FYI....by repping me and commenting there you do two things:

1) look like you don't have the cajones to post here.

2) reward me with points.

It's like leaving a great tip while complaining about the service.
I’m not sure what you are talking about.

Old 08-04-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Interestingly the rear admiral had the same reaction, and took steps to remind the women and men who serve the country what service means. Be well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies