Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 04:44 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times

Advertisements

Can these people get any more hate-filled... or as hilariously mixed-up?

I especially like the last line:
"The group has taken out a want ad hoping to hire a few black people to join their next event."

-------------------------------

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...58294933929987

Riotous BLM Protesters Suddenly Realize They're All White People
August 5th, 2020

CHARLESTON, SC—A Black Lives Matter protest in South Carolina started to get out of hand, with people screaming at police officers stationed nearby. It threatened to get violent until the protestors paused after noticing they were all white.

“We will not let your system oppress us!” shouted one protestor, to which a black officer responded, “What do you mean by ‘we’?” The protestor said he meant people of color, but it was at that time that he took inventory of the protestors behind him and was unable to find anyone other than white people.

Though initially shaken by the lack of black lives in their Black Lives Matter protest, the protestors soon got back to throwing things and screaming at police officers in their attempt to battle racism. “We still need to fight for black lives,” said one protestor, “even if they want nothing to do with us.”

The group has taken out a want ad hoping to hire a few black people to join their next event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 04:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

"The group has taken out a want ad hoping to hire a few black people to join their next event."

-------------------------------

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/st...58294933929987

Riotous BLM Protesters Suddenly Realize They're All White People
August 5th, 2020

CHARLESTON, SC—A Black Lives Matter protest in South Carolina started to get out of hand, with people screaming at police officers stationed nearby. It threatened to get violent until the protestors paused after noticing they were all white.

“We will not let your system oppress us!” shouted one protestor, to which a black officer responded, “What do you mean by ‘we’?” The protestor said he meant people of color, but it was at that time that he took inventory of the protestors behind him and was unable to find anyone other than white people.

Though initially shaken by the lack of black lives in their Black Lives Matter protest, the protestors soon got back to throwing things and screaming at police officers in their attempt to battle racism. “We still need to fight for black lives,” said one protestor, “even if they want nothing to do with us.”

The group has taken out a want ad hoping to hire a few black people to join their next event.

Oh, Lordy! That was good!

Freaking idiots wearing the latest fashion statement!

Old 08-06-2020, 05:05 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Babylon Bee is a satire site. Although, like all good satire it resembles reality enough that people might think it’s true.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Babylon Bee is a satire site. Although, like all good satire it resembles reality enough that people might think it’s true.
It's been harder and harder to read it as satire lately ... it is hitting so close to reality it's not even funny anymore. Just really, really sad.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
I live in the diverse Silicon Valley: the only town that's engaging in BLM marches is the one with the highest percentage of Whites (Los Gatos which is about 80 percent White and the rest are mostly Asian). The other cities here have a much larger minority population (mostly Asian and Hispanics with whites being literally a minority) and after the one BLM protest downtown San Jose right after the George Floyd incident, all the other BLM have completely died down with the exception of Los Gatos having a BLM almost every Saturday and it's the only event that the county allows for you to meet with people outside your household. It's mostly peaceful and masked but still acceptable for hundreds of people to march in close quarters. I am a single Indian-American millennial living alone and when I went to the beach to play volleyball with my friends (one was also Indian-American, one Chinese-American, and one Vietnamese American), my white liberal BLM loving friend who goes on those marches almost every Saturday, slammed us for violating "shelter in place."

Old 08-06-2020, 05:32 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,255,902 times
BLM is just a status symbol for clueless upper middle class whites.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:45 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Whoops! Why, so it is. They sure took me. Because they wrote an article that sounded EXACTLY like what some of these(real) rioting fruitcakes would do and say.

VERY well done!

Old 08-06-2020, 08:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Its hilarious you read satire sites and take it for gospel.

As for the protests and riots, they have not been about BLM for some time now. Its about bored school kids venting out in the streets.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:41 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
I love The Babylon Bee, but that one was hard to tell it was satire.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:49 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its hilarious you read satire sites and take it for gospel.

As for the protests and riots, they have not been about BLM for some time now. Its about bored school kids venting out in the streets.
The OP and the poster who first responded don't come across as people who would appreciate subtle satire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies