Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 05:17 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,222,731 times

Advertisements

Uh, oh. Trump isn't pleased with Mr. Kellyanne Conway's new project.

WaPo article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yG_-K2MDo

Old 05-05-2020, 10:45 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,537,709 times
Oh my God, it's not an act, is it?

They really are that stupid!

Old 05-05-2020, 10:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Best part is, that's a Republican ad.

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project

Bye-bye tRump.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:57 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
I think what Trump suppporters fail to understand is that many Americans (likely a majority, but who really knows) actually feel this way. When I talk to my many friends who support Trump, they say they felt the same way about Obama.

I don't get how people felt that way about Obama, but they did.
Trump supporters, you should also know that people feel this way about your guy.

I am not trying to get into who is right or wrong, but I'll say this: If you can feel that strongly about one, you should be capable of understanding how someone else can feel that strongly about the other.
^You don't have to agree with this message, but you should understand a lot of people feel that way. If you really want to "Make America Great Again", then understand you won't get there any faster by belittling people and patronizing or condescending on them, any more than they "got there" by doing that to you.

I can honestly say that I have at least heard, AND UNDERSTOOD how the people who elected Trump felt about the "status quo" that they voted against. I have changed my way of thinking, without changing my values. It seems to me, now, that the Trump base is not willing to do that which they asked the rest of America to do.

Trump base: If you really believe that Trump has us on the right path, and you want others to agree, you'll need to be more realistic. You'll need to acknowledge his mistakes when he makes them, and you'll need to respond to opposition with reason and compassion, rather than flat-out hate and beligerence. If you have a point, the only way to get it accross will be to act like adults. It's what you demanded from the left, and you are refusing to do it.

IMO, the add is SPOT-ON, and I daily wonder if we can survive four more years of him. I had to endure ridicule from costomers on a call last night, they were from NZ and Singapore. They not only ridiculed America, but they pitied us. I never, in my entire life, thought I'd be the recipient of Pity for being American. Thank you Trump.

Label me TDS all you want. I still maintain friendship with many of his supporters, and a marriage with one of them. I don't agree with much of anything he does, yet I can still respect the people who do. I don't see the same from his base.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:35 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,938,887 times
Default It's Not "Morning in America" Anymore. It's "Mourning In America" Interesting Lincoln Project Ad

This 1-minute ad ran last night for the first time and set the President off in a Tweet storm frenzy calling the members of the Lincoln Project, a Republican Conservative think tank "a bunch of losers" among other nasties. Is the ad really that bad for Trump? I am of the opinion Trump is invincible at this point:

"There's mourning in America. And under the leadership of Donald Trump our country is weaker and sicker and poorer. And now Americans are asking, "If we have another four years like this will there even be an America?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yG_-K2MDo

Old 05-05-2020, 10:50 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This 1-minute ad ran last night for the first time and set the President off in a Tweet storm frenzy calling the members of the Lincoln Project, a Republican Conservative think tank "a bunch of losers" among other nasties. Is the ad really that bad for Trump? I am of the opinion Trump is invincible at this point:
They are not conservative.

You can't tell me that anyone who would be willing to put rabid Democrats in power is conservative.

Maybe I could see it with the Democrats of old... but not these Democrats today. No way.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:05 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

You can't tell me that anyone who would be willing to put rabid Democrats in power is conservative.

Maybe I could see it with the Democrats of old... but not these Democrats today. No way.
Are you kidding me. Look up their bios. And they all supported Trump in the beginning. They are true conservatives who smell a rat when they see one.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:

From what I see in interviews George Conway and Rick Wilson, author of "Everything Trump Touches Dies" ARE Republicans and no, they don't necessarily want to see Biden in office. What I have seen of their explanation of why they founded the Lincoln Project is because they view Trump as a cancer on the Republican party--indicative of everything wrong with Republicansim today. They want the Republic party to get back to the era of Saint Reagan who they feel exemplified the very best traits Republican conservatism offered in days gone by.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:13 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,122,400 times
Quote:

They’re the conservatives that didn’t get sucked into the trump hive mind...
Or should I say suckered?

Old 05-05-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
They’re the conservatives that didn’t get sucked into the trump hive mind...
Or should I say suckered?

I like suckered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies