Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 08:31 AM

186 posts, read 67,397 times

Advertisements

Trump and his campaign and fans seem to think the "cognitive decline" attack on Biden will work. I think this strategy is as shortsighted as it is bogus.

Trump has lost his Midas Touch as far as effectively smearing people with untrue, mean and childish slurs. And this one on Joe Biden is quite ridiculous -as well as total psychological projection bull*^%*. I think it is going to backfire on Trump.

As Biden has stated in a few instances while being relentlessly pursued on this topic, “I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against.”

My thoughts: Which one can form complete sentences and finish expressing an actual thought?

Oh, yeah. Joe Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 08:59 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's a campaign ad. You think Biden is actually driving irl? And you clearly don't know the next thing about driving a stick. No one drives in 1st, they just use it to start the car moving.
I am not a fan of Joe Biden's politics and I do think he has started to experience some senility but this is ridiculous.

I don't think he meant he kept it in first he meant he didn't flat shift into second. He just went into second, third , etc the normal way.
Trying to sound like a cool drag shift guy. Maybe he was one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
1. You are 100% blind if you cannot see Biden driving it. Are you Trumpies so scared of Biden being a normal human being that you don't even want him to be able to drive a car?
2. I myself drive a manual transmission, and have been doing so for 27 years.
3. Gears in 1967 cars were different than they are now. In the video with Jay Leno he also mentions it was a 4-speed, compared with 5 or 6-speeds now. So probably 1st gear in cars back then was a little more than just a get-the-car-moving gear.
First gear in 1967 was also a get the car going gear.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVpzCxumGY

Joe Biden and his Corvette. Thanks, OP. This is great.

Really. Cool. Ad. One with a message regarding a hopeful future - showcasing an iconic much-loved American machine and an America loving candidate.

American Made is Making a Comeback.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:38 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
Does Donald know how to drive?
I think the even more important question is if he can walk more than a few steps. We know ramps and drinking from a bottle of water is difficult so, has anyone seen him walk on level ground. I highly doubt it. I say all this b/c "manliness" is important to the supporters but with Trump--I don't see it.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:42 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Guy View Post

Really. Cool. Ad. One with a message regarding a hopeful future - showcasing an iconic much-loved American machine and an America loving candidate.

He said American vehicles are no longer out there.....huh?

They didn’t even let him drive out of his driveway and didn’t show him actually backing into his garage. Pitiful attempt at making him look normal

It is a nice car though

Old 08-06-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
He said American vehicles are no longer out there.....huh?

They didn’t even let him drive out of his driveway and didn’t show him actually backing into his garage. Pitiful attempt at making him look normal

It is a nice car though
Nope he didn't say that, and you know it. Meh....

I guess those who want to hide from reality a bit longer, of course can do so. What ever will the spin/excuse/lie be, when Biden displays his knowledge, intellect and vision for America in complete and coherent sentences, at the debates? As Joe says, “I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I’m running against.”

Person, woman, man, camera, TV.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:07 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,199,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Talk to people whose relatives have dementia. Sometimes they seem normal, sometimes nuts (a friend's mother poured Downy Fabric softener over the mashed potatoes -- thought it was gravy)
Poor Joe

Old 08-06-2020, 04:08 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,199,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Guy View Post

Lol only comeback Joe is making is in his basement, today he insulted blacks saying their all the same. Boy Joe you just do t get it

Old 08-06-2020, 04:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1291111736167211008

1. A person with dementia could not drive that fast
2. A person with dementia could not talk like that
3. A person with dementia would not talk about wanting to drive a 200-mph Corvette

I owned two vettes.. 1967 red convertible 327 fuel injected..

and a 1984 corvette red with a removable hard top... easy to drive.. going 140 down the freeway. handled corners easily.

Biden looks like he is going a whole 50 miles an hour. yeah.. I wouldn't want him to drive my three turbo cars I own today. Biden may forget where the brake pedal is.

Last edited by Taratova; 08-06-2020 at 04:34 PM..

Old 08-06-2020, 04:36 PM

298 posts, read 117,024 times
Honestly, I think both candidates have had cognitive declines. If you listen to Trump speak in interviews in the early 2000s compared to now, he sounds like a completely different person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies