Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 10:41 AM

23,496 posts, read 12,502,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
If you are referring to this incident in particular, that is quite frightening as anyone who has seen the video can clearly see the guy neither yanked the door open or barged out of the door at the cops.

Seriously, what video are you referring to.
oy. Okay, he rapidly opened the door and quickly stepped outside towards the waiting cops. feel better now?

Quote:
If anyone cared to read the articles, the guy who called the cops seemed to falsify that the argument became physical simply because he wanted a faster response by the police. And there was no evidence it was even a domestic dispute, a he said/she said kind of thing. And the guy who was shot had on several occasions had strange people knocking on his door in the middle of the night. If someone knocks on your door again and they are out of line of sight, are you going to automatically assume it's the police? Anyone can say they are police. He clearly knew his surroundings and based on what happened before had every right to protect himself.
That is when you ask for proof, like had already been mentioned in this thread.

Quote:
No matter how much people try to spin this, the guy was clearly complying with the police by getting on his knees and about to put his hands on the ground when the cop just blasts away at his back. It's like something you see in the movies.
I didn't hear the cops tell him to squat down. What part of the video was that in?

"It's like something you see in the movies."
Haven't you also seen "in the movies" where one person will squat down to avoid being hit while they fire their gun at someone else with a gun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 10:45 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueguy58 View Post
Yes but opening the door with a gun in your hand to an LEO will prob give you led poisoning.
Then that is a serious problem in this country if cops can shoot me in my own home for practicing my right to carry fire arms.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:45 AM

101 posts, read 38,177 times
three shots ... not one, but three ... this is premeditated murder ...

Old 08-08-2020, 10:47 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Have you considered reporting the offender?
My city does not take noise complaint seriously. If someone comes out, they have to witness the violation themselves.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
If the cops come to your door and identify themselves, and you choose to open the door with a gun in your hand, I would hope your affairs are already in order.
Ok comrade.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:48 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Society expects cops to respond to domestic dispute.
Society also expects people have the right to answer the door with gun in hands when they know it's the cops are outside the door.

I have a solution. How about we don't send cops to domestic disputes anymore? The only time we send cops to domestic dispute is when someone is dead.

Problem solved.
Nope, not even then. Let the counselors do the paperwork and the coroner handle the bodies. No cops means no cops. Let's see how that works out.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:49 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Society expects cops to respond to domestic dispute.
Society also expects people have the right to answer the door with gun in hands when they know it's the cops are outside the door.

I have a solution. How about we don't send cops to domestic disputes anymore? The only time we send cops to domestic dispute is when someone is dead.

Problem solved.
I don't want to sound callous, but the problem was solved.

Last edited by davidt1; 08-08-2020 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-08-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveshnikov View Post
three shots ... not one, but three ... this is premeditated murder ...
Yep
You can see the cop watching him put his gun down while his murdering partner pumps his back full of bullets.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:56 AM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
If the cops come to your door and identify themselves, and you choose to open the door with a gun in your hand, I would hope your affairs are already in order.
I don't even know where this new attitude is coming from. I always knew not to challenge the police, and certainly knew it would not go well if I was armed with a weapon when dealing with them. I really don't know when it became a thing to fight with the police, run from them or hold a weapon and expect to make it through unscathed or even to think you have the right to do any of those things.

If a person feels they can casually approach the police with a gun (even if it's at "muh house") they can certainly casually approach their neighbors or anyone with a gun, and that should make us all feel very uncomfortable. Also a way to get guns banned.

The recent acceptance of criminality and threatening behavior, and law breaking in general is very unsettling. Many people now will defend the lawbreaker and -Karen the person who complains and wants to live in an orderly society. It is absolutely a thing now to attack anyone who reports a violation or crime unless it is something like rape or murder. Snitch is being used like we should be living in a warlord/mob society.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Then that is a serious problem in this country if cops can shoot me in my own home for practicing my right to carry fire arms.
The 2nd amendment is worthless if cops will murder you the second they see your gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies