Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2020, 09:47 AM

6,740 posts, read 4,430,253 times

Advertisements

[quote=dysgenic;58947556]How many people do you know that are actually sick with Covid19 as of today?

As of today. I would say none. Im off a few days. I work for the Fire Department / EMS. I hear of them everyday. Several stations had to be shut down, firefighters and EMS quarantined for 14 days, not at home away from their families. Some came up positive, some did not. Even though contact was made on the job, had to pay for their own housing at this time. Stations had to be Aeroclaved and sanitized. On some calls, patients did die from respiratory problems. Say its a hoax if you like. 176,000+ dead wouldnt agree with you. Wear a mask.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:51 AM

1,923 posts, read 1,288,761 times
I don't know anyone personally. I know 2 people that know people that tested positive. I am really starting to question things.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:58 AM

18,851 posts, read 8,503,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I don't know anyone personally. I know 2 people that know people that tested positive. I am really starting to question things.
The Pandemic is winding down. And soon all the hoaxers/deniers will be I told you so's.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The Pandemic is winding down. And soon all the hoaxers/deniers will be I told you so's.
Even during the apex of the pandemic, I personally didn't know anyone. Not one person. I'm not a denier, I do believe it exists. I just question what we are being told and why.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,674,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Why? Why is it that you feel that those that say masks don't work don't have your best interests in mind?
Because I don't believe they do. It's important for you to understand that they think wearing a mask is about being denied freedom and not at all about taking precautions in the interest of public health. If they tested positive for COVID, I certainly wouldn't trust then to stay at home, especially if having no symptoms.

Interesting how very rare it is for people to get on here and complain they wore a mask everywhere, but came down with COVID, anyway.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 08-23-2020 at 10:19 AM..

Old 08-23-2020, 10:18 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,674,495 times
Quote:
Even during the apex of the pandemic, I personally didn't know anyone. Not one person. I'm not a denier, I do believe it exists. I just question what we are being told and why.
It's scary to think how much worse it would have been, if the government as well as the private sector did absolutely nothing in response to COVID. Large gathering such as concerts and games would go on mask or not. Even the Scandinavian countries, such as Sweden, saw fit to ban large gatherings.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Part of the problem has been related to the distribution and local effects of the virus, geographically and over time.

Some areas terribly hit. Others spared. And looking back it only becomes more obvious that the cruel divide very closely follows the politic divide. Big cities, Dems, liberals, people of color hit hardest. And this of course has helped fuel the political fire.

Some states like AZ were spared until reopening Memorial Day.

So your experience very much depends on where you are.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Part of the problem has been related to the distribution and local effects of the virus, geographically and over time.

Some areas terribly hit. Others spared. And looking back it only becomes more obvious that the cruel divide very closely follows the politic divide. Big cities, Dems, liberals, people of color hit hardest. And this of course has helped fuel the political fire.

Some states like AZ were spared until reopening Memorial Day.

So your experience very much depends on where you are.
I remember when they started talking about what races are affected the most. I literally rolled my eyes when I heard that on the radio.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I remember when they started talking about what races are affected the most. I literally rolled my eyes when I heard that on the radio.
Because it was/is the truth, and knowing how it will affect the politics?
Or because it was/is a lie?

Old 08-23-2020, 11:02 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,942,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Amazing, isn't it? This end of the world virus that was supposed to kill 22 million Americans.
That we were supposed to do a 2 week quarantine for to flatten the curve.

And no one is sick other than a precious few outliers.
Well aren't you a lucky fellow?

I returned to my workplace last week and starting talking to one of my co-workers, asked a dumb question about how he and his family were doing. He said to me, "haven't you heard?". I said no - then he proceeded to tell me that his Dad had recently died of Covid, it took him out in 3 days at age 55.

I am pretty sure he didn't view his father as an "outlier".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies