Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 11:31 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times

Advertisements

I don't care who votes for who -- but DON'T CHEAT!

Old 08-12-2020, 01:59 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,985,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m not sure how 2016 is relevant since Biden wasn’t on the ticket, and therefore the survey question would not make any logical sense. I suggest you stop reacting in such a reflexively triggered manner and actually think before you write.

As the article says, just before the pandemic, Trump enjoyed majority support from White, middle-class voters. Since the pandemic, BLM/social unrest, and the economic fallout from the pandemic, majority of White, middle class voters now support Biden.
reflexively triggered manner. You so funny.
Its relevant because all the surveys and polls during the 2016 campaign had Trump losing by a landslide.
So what gives these surveys and articles credence?

Old 08-13-2020, 04:32 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,948,638 times
There was a trickle of folks jumping off the Trump Train before COVID but there is little doubt that now he is losing even more votes in white suburbia as well as with senior citizens all across the country.

One thing sets Trump apart from every other President we have had over the last 50 years. We knew that in a time of crisis, when the survival of America was at stake, every single one of them from Tricky Dick to Ford to Carter to Reagan to Bush I to Clinton to Bush II to Obama, would set aside their political or personal agendas when the nation needed their service, and do what was needed to protect us as a nation.

This concept is totally foreign to Trump. He cannot grasp the idea that there is something more important than him, bigger than him - because he is effectively a man with zero principles or scruples. Americans may have understood this at some level going in, but few really thought about the implications of placing someone like this as the leader of the nation during a crisis. Of course no one dreamed in November 2016 that something like a COVID 19 pandemic would be challenging our survival in 2020.

After seeing Trump's inability to lead us through the COVID response here in the USA, even those that voted for him are beginning to understand that he is unfit for the job at hand. It has nothing to do with personal likes or dislikes of the man, it simply comes down to the reality that he must be replaced. In the next election, it is highly likely that he will be. That is becoming clearer every day.

Old 08-13-2020, 04:55 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,861,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m not sure how 2016 is relevant since Biden wasn’t on the ticket, and therefore the survey question would not make any logical sense. I suggest you stop reacting in such a reflexively triggered manner and actually think before you write.

As the article says, just before the pandemic, Trump enjoyed majority support from White, middle-class voters. Since the pandemic, BLM/social unrest, and the economic fallout from the pandemic, majority of White, middle class voters now support Biden.

Where are you getting your info? The liberal media. The problem with Democrats is they don't bother to look for trends on Social Media and didn't back in 2016. As stated by another poster - the amt of walk away vloggers or conservative black vloggers has increased as has their viewers. You have tens of thousands watching live podcasts each day. The liberal news did away with the comments section because they were being slammed for the lies by those who know what the real truth is.

I know of not one person who has decided to switch their vote to Biden from Trump - but due to the pandemic, riots, and defunding the police - I know of many who will be voting Trump vs Biden. Each area is different - and I notice many are posting from very liberal states and areas so your experiences will be different than mine - but here in NY, many of the Dems are fed up with the current Democratic administrations and want change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies