Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 08:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
The city police departments are losing control of these violent predators. This violence will start to spill out of the cities and people will start killing these animals. Then the civil war starts. The backlash will push back civil rights for people who won them peacefully. It won’t be pretty.
Same was said about most historical large scale protest movements.

Some politicians and the media who feed them or off them, reenforce this narrative.

The number of people engaging in violence, property destruction and looting is a tiny fraction of the total population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 08:31 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Same was said about most historical large scale protest movements.

Some politicians and the media who feed them or off them, reenforce this narrative.

The number of people engaging in violence, property destruction and looting is a tiny fraction of the total population.
That so-called tiny fraction is responsible for billions in damage, murdered people and injured people. It happens often enough that no sane person considers it anything but part of the plan.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:19 AM

23,619 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I just can't help but laugh at this kind of ignorance. Good grief.

The PROUD BOYS strike again! You're absolutely delusional.
Actually it was just 'umbrella man', and he was pretending to be multiple people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Proud Boys accept applications from people of color/non-white now?
They do have non-white members, black and Latino. No females though no matter what color.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Off-topic. Start a new thread with some facts, if you have any.
It's in other threads. Try and keep up. You post nonsense.

Old 08-16-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And just in case you don’t believe me AGAIN ... here’s the affiliate BLM group asking for help because some of their “protestors” were jailed tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD7wEWAj...d=tpmuldszgnny

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD8DDnWj...d=nrlkp3f6ktiz

My favorite part of those Instagram posts is the tag: BLMCHI in the bottom right hand corner. You know, Black Lives Matter Chicago.
You're trying to talk sense to someone who denies news reports - the same way the other loony liberals here do.

It's really tough to see who is telling the truth here. Let's see....posters who always post proof of what they're posting vs people who have emotional meltdowns and cry 'liar, liar pants on fire' with nothing to back up what they're saying.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:27 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What happens to someone in interior Alaska if they start beating on a law enforcement officer?
We don't have police here. (And somehow, amazingly, we survive.) I guess I could travel to Anchorage or Fairbanks and beat one up as an experiment?

There's a fish and game guy stationed nearby - I guess that's technically law enforcement. If I punched him, he'd probably laugh...if I punched a caribou he'd be pissed.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:31 AM

81 posts, read 49,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
We don't have police here. (And somehow, amazingly, we survive.) I guess I could travel to Anchorage or Fairbanks and beat one up as an experiment?

There's a fish and game guy stationed nearby - I guess that's technically law enforcement. If I punched him, he'd probably laugh...if I punched a caribou he'd be pissed.
I’m going to guess that the interior of Alaska (beautiful state!) does not share the same uh, demographics inner city Chicago does.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Yeah you’re right. That totally seemed like a lover’s quarrel.
Of course not, but there's a big difference between someone randomly going up and whacking a police officer who's just standing there upside the head with a skateboard, versus, say, whacking a police officer who's putting the boot in. I know we're apparently just supposed to lie down and take any excessive force that police apply, but personally I can't guarantee I'd be able to behave passively if a cop started roughing up me or someone I cared for.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffskies View Post
I’m going to guess that the interior of Alaska (beautiful state!) does not share the same uh, demographics inner city Chicago does.
That's true. I believe rural/bush Alaska has a lower percentage of white people than Chicago does.

Old 08-16-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
That's true. I believe rural/bush Alaska has a lower percentage of white people than Chicago does.
You've gone from hard to take seriously to impossible to take seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies