Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 06:20 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Being as trump has paid for abortions, I assume you won't be voting for him either?

Fact is abortion has nothing to do with governance. You cant legislate morality. You can make divorce illegal, but you cant force two people to love each other. I on't know why the right can never realize that.
Because with the right, it's always about having the power to force you to do what they want you to do, and control women and minorities. That's why the evangelical hypocrites and police unions are pro Trump.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:25 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Because with the right, it's always about having the power to force you to do what they want you to do, and control women and minorities.
Yes pro-life people on the right want to "control women and minorities" by letting them survive the womb. Maniacs to be sure.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:49 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
... You can't legislate morality. You can make divorce illegal, but you can't force two people to love each other. I don't know why the right can never realize that.
This is so true.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:00 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
"democrat" and "faith" in the same sentence!
I've been a liberal most of my life. I've also been on my church council, taught Sunday School, lead a men's group for a group of guys from a half way house and delivered meals on wheels through my church.

The two aren't exclusive unless you have a poisoned, myopic view and see everything through a political lens.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:04 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
I've been a liberal most of my life. I've also been on my church council, taught Sunday School, lead a men's group for a group of guys from a half way house and delivered meals on wheels through my church.

The two aren't exclusive unless you have a poisoned, myopic view and see everything through a political lens.

Cool story.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:08 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Cool story.
DM me your email and I'll send you some of the presentations I did for men's bible study.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:03 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I know many people who call themselves Christian and act like it too, who support Biden.
They can call themselves whatever they like, but the Democratic Party is the party of abortion.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:42 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
First, your “true man of God” is a woman. No problem there, but maybe you should read things before you throw them up.

Second, I don’t know how anyone could call themselves a Christian and support the Democratic Party, who support and fight for abortion, let alone deliver a benediction for their convention.

Finally, it’s hilarious that she criticized Trump for holding up a Bible, while she herself obviously doesn’t respect what it is or what it stands for.

Do you know how to properly hold a bible. I certainly do because I went to catholic schools all my life. Trump used it as a prop and disrespected it. I'm a democrat who supports a women's choice. Republicans want these kids born but don't want anything to do with them after that. So many families end up on welfare because they can't afford them. What is your plan for them.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
But plenty who haven't decided if they are going to vote.
Perhaps.
Quote:
Amen to that!

Get religion out of politics full stop.
Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I know a lot of people who call themselves Christians who act like anything but. Those who deny helping those less fortunate, who want to take healthcare away from children, who raise a ruckus about an unborn fetus yet have a problem helping children once they get here. I guess being a Christian is in the eye of the beholder.
Unfortunately, you’re absolutely right.
Quote:
Of course it is. That's why religion was invented by man.
Only man could’ve invented it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They can call themselves whatever they like, but the Democratic Party is the party of abortion.
So. And?

Old 08-17-2020, 01:51 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I'm not religious so this is all silliness to me, even when Republicans do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies