Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM

382 posts, read 954,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
This is not a serious thread; albeit that it addresses the most serious issue facing all of us. We can no longer act like a petulant child - as made clear at the global climate summit last year. Moreover, if we fail to assume our proper leadership role on global warming, we face increasing isolation on the most important issue facing the world. Every other issue (i.e., the war on terrorism, the economy, etc.) is dwarfed by the catastrophic consequences posed by global warming. It is a frightening prospect, and very real. We can see the ice melting at an accelerating pace, and we know what is sure to follow; and yet we fail to act to stop the pollution that is the precipitating cause of the impending ecological disaster. It will be late to counsel then or pray when the devastation brought about by abrupt climate change has been visited upon us. It is no joke - as you shall soon see.
Oh come on, aren't you "the sky is falling" guys in the process of fixing the problem that we all are supposed to have caused? Seriously, there is no question about global warming. However, nothing is going to stop what the earth does naturally. Do you think that man can actually control this natural phenomenon? Do you really think that by changing a few light bulbs that you are offsetting what the Red Chinese and the Indians are producing and that you are going to stop them from ramping up their economies? Do you really believe that the US should destroy its economy and let the other emerging nations take US over? Hey, here's a thought; lets try plugging up all the volcanoes around the world that are spewing out greenhouse gasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
Quote:
We can no longer act like a petulant child - as made clear at the global climate summit last year. . . .
I stayed home and missed the summit. Those guys likely burned more fuel getting there than I'll use up in a lifetime.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:11 AM

996 posts, read 3,279,543 times
I LOVE THIS THREAD! I really needed a laugh this morning.

Here's my contribution: Instead of spending time and hot water rinsing out messy jars and bottles (like from peanut butter and syrup), I just throw them right in the garbage can for transport to the landfill. Oh, and here's another: I use paper AND plastic at the grocery store to bag my stuff.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
wow ... what a petulent child to think they are the only one that is right... let the devastation begin, it already late by several centuries from all the doom bringers before that... I like to contribute to global warming... I think Canada deserves some sunny summer days... I want to share the love... Russia could use some more sunny weather as well... I like to vacation in the arctic but its too cold, maybe global warming is the solution?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:03 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Last year I left the windows open when I ran the AC. It must of worked they're predicting snow for Saturday................

Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgator View Post
Each weekend I drive around the Pacific Northwest to attend various global warming rallies. Then I collect the plastic bottles of water they hand out and drive home and recycle them.
Gator, you are talking the talk and walking the walk and speaking truth to power. And guess what? At the end of the day, you are thinking outside the box.

Blessed be.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:28 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
i mowed my lawn four times yesterday, that way i would save gas and not have to do it for the rest of may.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:33 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
This is not a serious thread; albeit that it addresses the most serious issue facing all of us. We can no longer act like a petulant child - as made clear at the global climate summit last year. Moreover, if we fail to assume our proper leadership role on global warming, we face increasing isolation on the most important issue facing the world. Every other issue (i.e., the war on terrorism, the economy, etc.) is dwarfed by the catastrophic consequences posed by global warming. It is a frightening prospect, and very real. We can see the ice melting at an accelerating pace, and we know what is sure to follow; and yet we fail to act to stop the pollution that is the precipitating cause of the impending ecological disaster. It will be late to counsel then or pray when the devastation brought about by abrupt climate change has been visited upon us. It is no joke - as you shall soon see.
Is this the dialogue from the movie the Day After Tommorrow.
Oh that's right it was Global Cooling in that movie.
I'm hoping for an increased isolation from liberals like you. Appears Global warming and facts and data arent allowed in the subject. Since Global warming nuts want to ignore other factors in climate change I will continue to ignore them.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:37 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
i mowed my lawn four times yesterday, that way i would save gas and not have to do it for the rest of may.
And you won't have to pay ten bucks a gallon for gas later!

Gold star to arguy1973.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:37 AM

290 posts, read 524,115 times
Quote:
Since all morality and responsibility comes from law, I can't figure out what law gives the US a leadership role. Please enlighten me.

Haven't you gotten the memo? the preliminary data is in, and since 2000 the warming rate has been decreasing and last year the earth actually cooled. The new term is climate change.

You all need to stop what you are doing and do the opposite because it is working too well. We can't have climate change. Climate change bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies