Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 05:30 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Why do die-hard Trump supporters not care that he's doing nothing to stop the Portland violence? I honestly don't understand it!

Democrats are no better. They deny there's a problem in Portland.

It's madness, all of it.

I'm upset that I have to chose between two buffoons for the presidency. No one else seems to care.
Are you seriously asking this question ?! He sends Feds troops in and people blame him for causing the riots , now people such as yourself say he should be doing more...unreal.
Let the city burn, this is what they get for voting the Democratic leadership in. They get what they voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 05:33 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Why do die-hard Trump supporters not care that he's doing nothing to stop the Portland violence? I honestly don't understand it!

It's madness, all of it.

I'm upset that I have to chose between two buffoons for the presidency. No one else seems to care.
You really haven't been paying attention have you.

Old 08-20-2020, 05:34 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Exactly. But we should not allow our cities to be taken over like that just so Trump can avoid the discomfort of being called names by the left. Yes, the mayors and governors should stop it. But they aren't. The feds need to end this with the military. It should have ended weeks ago.
The military would likely cause casualties, which no one wants. But, I'm surprised the feds are not bringing some kind of charges against these mayor and governors. They are letting domestic terrorists take over. There has to be something in their oaths of office, or job description, about not letting enemy combatants actually take over cities. Or am I naive to think this? Can a mayor just let enemy combatants-- complete with uniforms, an ideology, weaponry, etc.---take over??

Old 08-20-2020, 05:44 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Why isnt this thread titled:

Democrat rioters viciously beat Democrat man?

Old 08-20-2020, 07:14 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
what an absolute scumbag.

Portland assault suspect takes to social media to beg for financial help

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protester...mpression=true

Old 08-20-2020, 07:38 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what an absolute scumbag.

Portland assault suspect takes to social media to beg for financial help

https://www.foxnews.com/us/protester...mpression=true
Marquis believes that a sucker kick from behind to the face of a man who just crashed his truck and is on his knees is just a fair fight. He needs to turn himself in.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:28 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

It's madness, all of it.

"Why do die-hard Trump supporters not care that he's doing nothing to stop the Portland violence? I honestly don't understand it!" Of course you don't because you failed civics 101.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Exactly. But we should not allow our cities to be taken over like that just so Trump can avoid the discomfort of being called names by the left. Yes, the mayors and governors should stop it. But they aren't. The feds need to end this with the military. It should have ended weeks ago.
"The feds need to end this with the military'" If I suggested the SAME thing for cities with ILLEGAL aliens, the left would be all over it whining and complaining screaming "STATES RIGHTS". Can't have it BOTH ways.

They CAN take care of the problem IF they wanted to. They do NOT want to.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
The military would likely cause casualties, which no one wants. But, I'm surprised the feds are not bringing some kind of charges against these mayor and governors. They are letting domestic terrorists take over. There has to be something in their oaths of office, or job description, about not letting enemy combatants actually take over cities. Or am I naive to think this? Can a mayor just let enemy combatants-- complete with uniforms, an ideology, weaponry, etc.---take over??
"The military would likely cause casualties, "which no one wants".

Here we go AGAIN, someone CLAIMING to KNOW what Everybody else wants!

I would like to see the National Guard go in and start banging heads.

"There has to be something in their oaths of office,..." Wait, you just claimed to KNOW what everybody else thinks, NOW you say you DON'T know what "There has to be something in their oaths of office, or job description, about.......

You claim to know so much yet, show you know so LITTLE!

Old 08-21-2020, 04:44 AM

Has anybody else noticed how few of our left friend who constantly deride Trump and the GOP are NOT here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies