Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 05:54 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Trump’s chaos is destroying our economy. And if re-elected I expect the USD will crumble at some point during that term. Then it won’t matter if taxes are low or high.
I find this very interesting. My wife works in finance and the last 4 or 5 years have been incredible. As a matter of fact, even with the Covid, she is on the way to her best year ever.

As a side note, Ford released the new Bronco, i believe they are already sold out. FCA just released their new Ram TRX , a $90k truck...it sold out in three in a half hours. Go to your local ATV, boat or camper dealership and ask how they are doing. Most are sold out of stock. Talk to realtors, they are , people are buying and selling like crazy. Just down the street from me, a smallish lot, just under an acre sold for $95k, one day after closing they started building, a 3000 sq ft house.
We just returned from our cabin in a rural area, the closest town has roughly 1300 people. We saw two new businesses, and we saw at least 5 or 6 help wanted signs.
The handyman that watches our cabin has been extremely busy, picking up jobs that larger companies are turning down. Said he's been averaging a $100 an hour.

How can all this be happening when Trump has supposedly ruined the economy ? Something isn't adding up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was with my young niece this evening and we were listening to clips of Trump at his rally on the radio. She is only 10 but she has already been trained by her teachers and parents to dislike Trump, she doesn't know why she just does. After listening to his ramblings I did get her to admit something positive about him and that is that he is funny.
Kids get all this from their parents. Come on now. Jumping on the excuse bandwagon or blaming the teachers.

What type of parent (s) does this kid have?

Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
He makes Abbott and Costello look like Rhodes Scholars.
LOL.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:10 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
LOL. Are those bad people STILL pickin' on you? All for wearing a little red hat? WTH?

Southern California isn’t Nashville .

Old 08-20-2020, 06:15 PM

6,759 posts, read 5,056,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I find this very interesting. My wife works in finance and the last 4 or 5 years have been incredible. As a matter of fact, even with the Covid, she is on the way to her best year ever.

As a side note, Ford released the new Bronco, i believe they are already sold out. FCA just released their new Ram TRX , a $90k truck...it sold out in three in a half hours. Go to your local ATV, boat or camper dealership and ask how they are doing. Most are sold out of stock. Talk to realtors, they are , people are buying and selling like crazy. Just down the street from me, a smallish lot, just under an acre sold for $95k, one day after closing they started building, a 3000 sq ft house.
We just returned from our cabin in a rural area, the closest town has roughly 1300 people. We saw two new businesses, and we saw at least 5 or 6 help wanted signs.
The handyman that watches our cabin has been extremely busy, picking up jobs that larger companies are turning down. Said he's been averaging a $100 an hour.

How can all this be happening when Trump has supposedly ruined the economy ? Something isn't adding up.
Passing out trillions of dollars to keep the economy propped up is like drinking. It’s fun for a while, but taken to an extreme one will suffer a hangover in the morning. We’re setting up for The Mother of all hangovers.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:17 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was with my young niece this evening and we were listening to clips of Trump at his rally on the radio. She is only 10 but she has already been trained by her teachers and parents to dislike Trump, she doesn't know why she just does. After listening to his ramblings I did get her to admit something positive about him and that is that he is funny.

Trump is a character.
Some kids, particularly those with higher levels of emotional intelligence, can be surprisingly good judges of character, even if they can't always articulate why.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:21 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Passing out trillions of dollars to keep the economy propped up is like drinking. It’s fun for a while, but taken to an extreme one will suffer a hangover in the morning. We’re setting up for The Mother of all hangovers.
Okay, so is the economy bad or is it going to be ? Seems like these things are cyclical and always will be.

Although, the trillions in debt that our country is in, from both parties will definitely catch up to us. Make it while you can.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:25 PM

558 posts, read 338,306 times
“They’re starting again in California,” Trump said during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania on Thursday. “And I said, you’ve got to clean your floors. You’ve got to clean your floors. They have many, many years of leaves and broken trees. And they’re like, like so flammable... You’ve got to get rid of the debris. You’ve got to get rid of the fallen trees.”

Good idea Mr. President, next time you are in CA, you can do an 8-hour volunteer shift clean up on a 45-degree slope in 90 degree heat. You can even invite Ivanka and the rest to help.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How funny is this?

Brian Kolfage who just got busted - along with Steve Bannon - for stealing from the nonsensical "Build the Wall" fundraiser spent a good chunk of the money on, you guessed it, a rather nice boat (for a motorboat). Hey, he got the rubes' cash, time for a treat, right?

And the boat took place of pride in a Trump flotilla, because of course it did.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brian...b6305f325482a5
I swear, the gullibility of these people is ridiculous. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
He makes 100% more sense than Biden!
Okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
yep. A neighbors daughter came home from college and she didn't like Trump because Trump said he would do this and do that but he didn't. Her mother had to remind her that Trump wasn't even sworn into office yet.

Yep, paying for college so your kid can be uneducated and brainwashed.
SMH...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sHorrorJunkie View Post
You wanna see yammering, sputtering, and stu-stu-stu-stuttering? Watch Joe Biden give his speech TONIGHT at the Convention with millions watching! This is going to be an absolute disaster
Okay.

Old 08-20-2020, 06:39 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Some kids, particularly those with higher levels of emotional intelligence, can be surprisingly good judges of character, even if they can't always articulate why.
And kids can figure out who is a bully very quickly. It shouldn't be surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies