Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 02:49 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

You said that patients can still get it prescribed to them.

Can patients still get it prescribed to them when Gretchen "Death by Executive Order" Whitmer (D) declared that she would prosecute and take away the license of doctors that prescribe HCQ for Covid?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ce/2922272001/

P.S. Can you comprehend the difference between giving someone a medication early on versus late when the sickness is severe? The Democrat allied media seems to be incapable of this little nuance.

"Studies are showing positive results if HCQ is given early on to a Covid patient."

"Derp...a study showed it wasn't effective if given late and the patient already had severe complications....orange man bad...derp."

Yes patients can still get a prescription, do you know differently. But a better questions is why would you want a prescription for a drug that failed clinical trials and how do you make the leap to claims that the governor has blood on her hands.

Stop blaming the media, blame the researchers and health experts.

A study shows......LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 06:50 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
And my one of my closest friends (have been friends with her for 50 years) and her husband both came down with COVID19 and their doctor prescribed it. Methodist refused to approve it. This was in Houston.

Edit to add: And why was your friend given it if it doesn’t work?
Crickets, crickets....Still waiting on an answer as to why your friend was given and took HCQ if it doesn’t work. And evidently recovered quite well.

Old 08-22-2020, 03:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And every legitimate clinical trial has shown a complete lack of efficacy. So.....

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...-True-Scotsman

“We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

Meanwhile.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/h...loroquine.html

Obviously the subject has become politicized.

Old 08-22-2020, 05:31 AM

29,214 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So what! Why don’t you allow someone to decide for themselves to take the drug instead of trying to ban the drug. What are you afraid of!
Death, for starters.

If HCQ worked, it's so cheap it would have been handed out for free when the pandemic began.

HCQ does work- for malaria. But not for Covid-19.

Depending on it as a preventative or a therapeutic will put you on a ventilator.

Dosing yourself is asking for HCQ poisoning, as the drug is potent. Potency is never a sign of prevention, however. Take a little too much or a little too often, and you could end up on a ventilator with a dead liver.

Aspirin is mighty potent, but it cures nothing, prevents nothing, and is also poisonous at the wrong dosage.

But what the hell; it's your life, and you can throw it away any way you choose. Feel free to be foolish. No one will stop you.

Old 08-22-2020, 05:51 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I have no doubt that democrats are fine with a few deaths as long as they get rid of Trump.
"a few deaths", man are you out of touch, with all the rioting and KILLING going on in some dem run cities, plus ALL the BLACK deaths that have happened year after year in cities like Chicago, Balt, D.C., etc. and we NEVER hear a word about from from ANY big dem politicians or the left media.

Why do you think that is?

Old 08-22-2020, 06:43 AM

26,480 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Have you read the EO, yet?

I'm not hyper-partisan, I'm an independent. I didn't vote for Whitmer because I was in NC at the time, so I have no dog in that fight, either.
I never said this was in an executive order.

You might not be a genius, but your argument is well below whatever intelligence that you have.

A sitting governor in a televised press conference threatened legal prosecution and the loss of doctors' licenses (career over) for any doctor prescribing HCQ to a Covid patient.

Would the above: _______ doctors from prescribing it to Covid patients.

(A) Encourage
(B) Have no effect on
(C) Discourage

Stop playing dumb. Your dog in the fight is the liberal with blood on her hands from putting Covid patients into nursing homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes patients can still get a prescription, do you know differently. But a better questions is why would you want a prescription for a drug that failed clinical trials and how do you make the leap to claims that the governor has blood on her hands.

Stop blaming the media, blame the researchers and health experts.

A study shows......LOL.
Gretchen "bloody hands" Whitmer has backed off her threats to prosecute doctors that prescribe HCQ because orange man bad and has since done a 180 and has blamed Trump for not supplying the state with enough HCQ because orange man bad. You democrats just bah like sheep and don't notice the absurdity of Whitmer.

P.S. Can you comprehend the vast complexity that it is possible for a drug to fail to make a difference when given to patients who already have the illness severely, but pass in other trials when given early on before severe symptoms set in?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...vid-19-n763953

Old 08-24-2020, 06:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
I think people want it to be right, so that it saves lives. I think you confirmed my statement.
I want it to be right. The science is pointing in the opposite direction, though. Unlike Trump fans, I'm not ignoring the science.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...-True-Scotsman

“We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

Meanwhile.....

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/h...loroquine.html

Obviously the subject has become politicized.

Retrospective studies are inferior data sources compared to randomized, controlled clinical trials. That's not an example of the Scotsman fallacy.

Try again.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I never said this was in an executive order.

You might not be a genius, but your argument is well below whatever intelligence that you have.

A sitting governor in a televised press conference threatened legal prosecution and the loss of doctors' licenses (career over) for any doctor prescribing HCQ to a Covid patient.

Would the above: _______ doctors from prescribing it to Covid patients.

(A) Encourage
(B) Have no effect on
(C) Discourage

Stop playing dumb. Your dog in the fight is the liberal with blood on her hands from putting Covid patients into nursing homes...
I think doctors and hospital administrators are smart enough to actually educate themselves on what the EO said, rather than the spin some politician puts on it. Unlike some others, it would appear.

Bye.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:42 AM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:

Gretchen "bloody hands" Whitmer has backed off her threats to prosecute doctors that prescribe HCQ because orange man bad and has since done a 180 and has blamed Trump for not supplying the state with enough HCQ because orange man bad. You democrats just bah like sheep and don't notice the absurdity of Whitmer.

P.S. Can you comprehend the vast complexity that it is possible for a drug to fail to make a difference when given to patients who already have the illness severely, but pass in other trials when given early on before severe symptoms set in?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...vid-19-n763953

There are clinical trials for those that have already contracted the disease and trials where it is used as a prophylactic, neither has proven that it works. But somehow you are making conjecture that fails in patients that are severely ill and of course you failed to provide a specific link to a study that indicates what is stated in some source called PJ Media. I don't think you understand how rigorous clinical trials work.

Still don't understand the blood on your hands reference regarding HQC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies