Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 07:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,816,302 times

Advertisements

The general population in the US is fond of referring to the situation in the US as a “ lockdown” when in reality other than an initial group of travelers from China no one has been forced into quarantine in the US.

In the meantime, millions entered the US off flights from hot zones in Europe and mingled with the US population. The #1 port of entry for international flights is JFK in NYC, not Cheyanne Wyoming or Bismarck, ND.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2020, 07:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,319,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You asked:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ines-1.5075117

Are you so immune from logic you cannot understand how that initial exposure will dominoe across the country? Without accurate or effective tracing, it ceases to be linked to Sturgis after the first case count but nevertheless untold numbers will be caused by those stupid people.
I'll agree that having the rally wasn't the smartest thing. I'm just curious as to the outcome.

No major spike to me, means that someone is lying about this pandemic for political reasons.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:02 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,492,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I don't care about cases, I want to know how many deaths are as a result of the rally.

Ask again in 3-5 weeks. It's too soon for attendees who may have contracted the virus to have died from it. Plus we'll probably never know how many people attendees passed it on to since leaving Sturgis, and how many of those people may die.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:09 AM

37,165 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:
I don't care about cases, I want to know how many deaths are as a result of the rally.

You said, "Where are all the Covid cases from it?"

Old 08-27-2020, 08:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,518,653 times
Quote:
I'll agree that having the rally wasn't the smartest thing. I'm just curious as to the outcome.

No major spike to me, means that someone is lying about this pandemic for political reasons.

You, however are not a case tracking expert. And you also have no way of knowing whether it's caused a major spike or not.

Those cases emanating from the rally already identified would have fit that description in the past - until the new "hoax", "deep state" paradigm came along out of nowhere to turn logic on it's ear.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,518,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Ask again in 3-5 weeks. It's too soon for attendees who may have contracted the virus to have died from it. Plus we'll probably never know how many people attendees passed it on to since leaving Sturgis, and how many of those people may die.
Exactly! As long as accurate tracking continues to be given the lack of import it has to date, there will be no accurate counting of the actual cases or deaths that occur as a result of the rally attendance.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:18 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,446,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I don't think Americans get to comment on how to fight this virus. They have shown they are incapable of dealing with it.
Funny when your country China are the ones who developed this and let this monstrosity out to the world. Also, many so called "enlightened" European countries are having a resurgence. You are just another anti-American brainwashed lefty. Your kind has spewed this kind of crap for a long time now.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,387,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its going through hell because of what the politicians are doing to it. Thats a little different than you implying the virus is causing it.
Well, you got one thing right, it is the politicians, namely, Trump and his response to this pandemic and subsequently those of his GOP boot lickers .

Old 08-27-2020, 09:56 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The coronavirus has already killed 100,000 more than died in the worst recent flu (not flue) year, and there are still four months left in 2020. On a daily basis it kills more people in the US than any condition except heart disease and cancer.
well of course your stats may vary. I suspect the death toll is gamed extensively for both financial and political gain. I also suspect you'll deny such or say they're being underreported. Neither of us can prove anything. We both have an agenda, mine is freedom, lord only knows what yours is.
Regardless, even if we take your number at face value, a solid 98% of those who get the virus recover fully or show no symptoms and since the at risk groups are known, the reaction to this is totally off the charts. Even more so, criminal even when the side effects of the reactions are taken into account
Even here you are now touting "third leading cause of death" without any context. Its as if some of you have a religious like devotion to propagating the myth of Covid19 as a fatal threat to all..

Sorry for the autcorrect induced spelling error. Hopefully you'll recover fully from having to correct it.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:57 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,510,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Well, you got one thing right, it is the politicians, namely, Trump and his response to this pandemic and subsequently those of his GOP boot lickers .
Why are you looking to politicians and bureaucrats for answers to medical questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies