Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 08:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times

Advertisements

A Tennessee school district asked parents to sign a waiver promising not to "eavesdrop" on kids online lessons. Wow. What are they trying to hide, you may wonder?

Quote:
Tennessee mom says parents asked to sign 'ridiculous' waiver they will not eavesdrop on kids' online lessons

A Tennessee school district is under fire for asking parents to sign a form agreeing not to eavesdrop on kids' virtual classes over concerns they could overhear confidential information. After significant pushback, Rutherford County Schools is allowing parents to tune in with permission from the teacher but they can't record the classes.

"It's ridiculous. It's so hypocritical because they've been data mining our children for years, compliments of common core," Laurie Cardoza-Moore, founder of Proclaiming Justice to the Nations, said on "Fox & Friends Weekend" Saturday.

"What are they trying to hide? What is the problem? Why won't they let us sit in?" the homeschool mom of five asked. "Obviously, because they are teaching our children propaganda that they should not be teaching," she said. "They are trying to socialize our children." She added: "We have had a major problem in education, not just here in Tennessee, but across the country where they are indoctrinating our children with propaganda."
We can see the output of the public school process, with a generation of hyper-fragile children, rigidly indoctrinated in the far left, culturally Marxist ideas of "Political correctness" and "Identity politics". Across the country this is happening. Are they getting it by osmosis? Or from somewhere else.

In any case, the school district stood down and the parents will be permitted to "eavesedrop" on the lessons being given to their children. Parents should take more of an interest in what their children are being taught, nationwide. This has gone radically off the rails and this badly needs to be corrected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 08:44 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,950 times
They’re telling white kids they are monsters and minority kids they are victims and everyone else owes them stuff. That is why they want to stop parents from watching. They do not believe parents have any role in educating their children.
Get a video capture card and record everything. There’s nothing they can do about that.

Old 08-22-2020, 08:45 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,903 times
The school doesn't want the parents to hear the crazy they're trying to teach the children.

Old 08-22-2020, 08:55 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Not just 'ridiculous' !!! It comes with punishment if violated !!! Teachers want to remove the constitutional rights of students and parents when school is mandatory !!!

Making the parents sign a wavier doesn't make it legal for the school to violate the law !!!

They backed off b/c they knew they were wrong and was hoping people wouldn't question their authority !!!

Compulsory School Age Requirements - Education ...
https://www.ecs.org/clearinghouse/86/62/8662.pdf

Compulsory school attendance refers to the minimum and maximum age required by each state in which a student must be enrolled in and attending public school or some equivalent education program defined by the law.

Nearly half of all states allow children ranging from age 14 to 18 to be exempt from the compulsory
attendance requirement if they meet one or more of the following stipulations: are employed, have a
physical or mental condition that makes the child’s attendance infeasible, have passed the 8th-grade
level, have their parents’ permission, have the permission of the district court or the local school board,
meet the requirements for an exit interview, or have arranged alternative education such as vocational or
technical school. Endnotes are provided for Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts and Virginia as examples
of such legislation.

Old 08-22-2020, 08:56 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,730 times
Whats with this word "eavesdrop" Why not say "observe" or participate" etc etc

Old 08-22-2020, 08:57 AM

7,345 posts, read 3,517,785 times
I would recommend that parents watch the news with their children every night and then have a discussion on what it all means. That is what I do with my kids, then I ask them what they think and present both sides of the argument. The schools are exposing kids to various social issues, it is important for the parent to just talk to their kids and try to raise rational objective people.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:03 AM

24,469 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Now that is scary and the first thing I likened that to what some stranger, or a priest (sorry couldn't resist) telling a child that they are special and that what was just done to them is a super secret secret and not to tell their parents.....

What perversion is the school trying to slip past the parents and into the minds of the kids?

Old 08-22-2020, 09:06 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,659 times
That's pretty extreme. They should want parents to hear. And if the parents don't listen in, how are they going to do all the work required to help the kids actually learn after the teacher logs off?

Old 08-22-2020, 09:08 AM

230 posts, read 97,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I would recommend that parents watch the news with their children every night and then have a discussion on what it all means. That is what I do with my kids, then I ask them what they think and present both sides of the argument. The schools are exposing kids to various social issues, it is important for the parent to just talk to their kids and try to raise rational objective people.

Great suggestion. Even a child would see the RIGHT way.
"Billy, one side believes a little boy can become a princess. The other side thinks a boy cannot become a little princess. What do you think?"

Old 08-22-2020, 09:23 AM

1,049 posts, read 652,920 times
Good, I don't have to worry about parents complaining when I indoctrinate their kids by telling them that is gravity is real, you should take reasonable steps to protect the environment, and the Earth is not flat.

If I am allowed to get away with it I may even tell the poor kids that the Earth is 4.5 billion years "Evil Laugh"

I am so evil hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

If I get too powerful I may even tell them that I am really a multi-gendered dragon that invented Tik-Tok and farts out Trix cereal and that the parents can't eat Trix because Trix are for kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies