Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 09:00 PM

32,308 posts, read 15,256,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Nope not because of my political views or my kids who BTW don't really care about politics, hell my 13.5 year old doesn't care what's going on in the world really so has no idea what I am talking about when it comes to politics. She needs a butt whooping for acting like a spoiled brat on social media for the entire world to see, course she clearly gets that from her father. No respect for his wife and his daughter has no respect for her mother or father as she clearly stated on social media. My kids know this is Mine and their mothers house, you WILL respect us, you WILL get good grades, you WILL go to school etc etc once you hit 18 NONE of that is my concern as long as you are not under my roof you can go join the circus for all I care then but while I am the parent and you are the minor child you respect your parents in ALL ways, disagree or not.
I didn't have all these "you WILL respect me" rules. We showed respect to our kids and they in turned showed respect for us. Parents shouldn't demand respect. Respect is earned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 09:01 PM

9,634 posts, read 6,054,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
To the people not inflicted yes absolutely, I would NEVER bash my wife's boss on Social Media. It's called respect that slob should learn some because he doesn't have ANY for his wife.
Meh. My wife wouldn’t be working for someone like the slob in the White House so I don’t have to worry about that.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:02 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,041,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Meh. My wife wouldn’t be working for someone like the slob in the White House so I don’t have to worry about that.
Oh so now YOU dictate who your wife works for. Awesome. My wife has worked for companies I despised and bosses I despised. I talked to her about it and that was IT. Never on social media.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:05 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,358,781 times
I don't trust either one of them as far as I could throw them. Zero doubt in my mind that this has all been a long con and they will end up with some type of profit making venture based on playing both sides of the street.

Yeah, sure, it was fun to see George skewer his wife's boss. But he was a big part of the movement that put him into office in the first place and one of the architects of the GOP court packing plan.

The only possible explanation is a plan whereby they both benefit in the end. And I'm guessing it's something that will work regardless of whether Biden or Trump wins. We'll see if I'm right in a few months

Old 08-23-2020, 09:07 PM

7,986 posts, read 5,028,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAROD View Post
Rats leaving the sinking ship.
Yep. Bouncing before all hell hits the fan and indictments begin to flow. They know trump is done

Old 08-23-2020, 09:08 PM

33,548 posts, read 12,786,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
George was a actually really supportive of her when she went to work for trump. Quit his law firm where he was partner so they could move to DC. He claims that after watching trump at work he realized that the guy's a dangerous idiot and he couldn't support him. Never quite made sense to me as the Conways lived in the NY area for years and should have been well aware of trump's stupidity. And I don't think either of the Conways is stupid. So for all I know it was just a long con.

Anyway, they have four teen and pre-teen kids, so there's a lot at stake.
The bolded is incorrect. He was still a partner and listed on the firm's website as such in February of 2020.

In March of 2020 his name disappeared from the firm's website, and I haven't heard any explanation as to why.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:11 PM

7,921 posts, read 8,002,152 times
even she can't go through with the bs anymore

Old 08-23-2020, 09:12 PM

37,954 posts, read 17,974,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a44_story.html

Their 15yo daughter has been very vocal on SM about her feelings toward them and their politics. I hope the kids are alright.
lol When it comes to politics, children listen to children.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:13 PM

45,672 posts, read 24,165,007 times
Hope they can salvage their family.

I may not care for someone but family is family. Hope she can sorrt hers out.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:15 PM

4,068 posts, read 2,756,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I don't trust either one of them as far as I could throw them. Zero doubt in my mind that this has all been a long con and they will end up with some type of profit making venture based on playing both sides of the street.

Yeah, sure, it was fun to see George skewer his wife's boss. But he was a big part of the movement that put him into office in the first place and one of the architects of the GOP court packing plan.

The only possible explanation is a plan whereby they both benefit in the end. And I'm guessing it's something that will work regardless of whether Biden or Trump wins. We'll see if I'm right in a few months
I kind of wonder about the possibility of a long con--there are couples with political differences who manage to have happy and successful marriages, but the Conways were both high-profile and very vocal about what they each thought, so I couldn't see how that didn't spill over into their homelife (and judging from what's going on with their daughter, it apparently did in a negative fashion.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies