Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2020, 09:09 PM

16,113 posts, read 10,775,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I will take a bullet in the head before i will wear a mask.
That is one solution. Not a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Hah, I want someone to try to stop and tell me I have to wear a mask in my own yard just for the entertainment.
Please provide the specific quote where Biden, or Harris, says you have to wear a mask if you are simply working in your yard. Also somebody post the exact quote where they are saying you have to wear it 100% of the time. Also when you are riding your bike or taking a hike or driving your car. Since you all are squirming like you have swallowed clorox, you must have solid evidence or have seen the wording of a proposed executive order or legislation. You can post that as a public service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Since when are masks free?

It prevents free flow of natural oxygen as nature intended.
You anti-mask folks aren't doing much with all that natural oxygen from what I can tell. Just wasting your breath. I'm fine with the masks. Most people are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 09:26 PM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That is one solution. Not a good one.

Please provide the specific quote where Biden, or Harris, says you have to wear a mask if you are simply working in your yard. Also somebody post the exact quote where they are saying you have to wear it 100% of the time. Also when you are riding your bike or taking a hike or driving your car. Since you all are squirming like you have swallowed clorox, you must have solid evidence or have seen the wording of a proposed executive order or legislation. You can post that as a public service.

You anti-mask folks aren't doing much with all that natural oxygen from what I can tell. Just wasting your breath. I'm fine with the masks. Most people are.
Yet you weren't wearing one for any other virus before the government told you to do it for this one. Since infectious disease is never going away, you had better wear your mask everywhere for the rest of your life. In your case you should also wear a hat with a spinner on top of it and a big red clown nose.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:31 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,120,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our state has worn masks for months and our number of cases are way down. Wearing a mask is not forever so what's the big deal. It takes no freedom away from anyone. Biden wants mandatory masks because some states require it but some don't. All states have to be in sync to get this virus under control. We have had months to do something about this virus yet nothing has been done at a federal level. If we had a mask mandate months ago for the whole country, this would be under control and states could reopen. As it is now, we are looking at a long time before that happens unless the federal government does something to help our country with this virus. Our economy is dying, so many are out of work, many small businesses have closed. Many colleges tried to open up but then had to close and do virtual. The list goes on and on how this virus is affecting our country. It's just a domino effect. Office buildings are empty so the people who clean it are unemployed. We can't get our economy restarted until we contain this virus. And many of you only think about yourselves and complain about wearing a damn mask, temporarily, when our country is suffering from a global health pandemic. Suck it up and wear a mask, otherwise our economy will collapse if this keeps spreading.
Cases are way down in Florida, despite no state wide mask mandate (there were some local municipalities, like Miami-Dade that instituted a mask requirement sometime in July but as far as I can see, few people comply with it in Miami Beach where I live). How do you know the cases are way down in your area because of masks? Maybe the virus just burned itself out like it did here. It infected who it was going to infect, and that was it.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:18 AM

9,473 posts, read 10,818,295 times
Maskie laws seem only to be enforceable in leftist cities where enough officials are in place to make people do it. Same with lockdowns. Most rural places in mask states have local sheriffs who have defied the liberal authorities as well by refusing to enforce their mandates.

A Biden maskie rule or a Biden lockdown would likely be the first act of nullification by states against a Biden leftist government. The leftists would learn real quick that winning an election does not actually give them real control over the red state areas. There will be so much rebellion in the air you will be able to smell it. We will never obey the leftists.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:46 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,675,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

Please provide the specific quote where Biden, or Harris, says you have to wear a mask if you are simply working in your yard.
Also somebody post the exact quote where they are saying you have to wear it 100% of the time. Also when you are riding your bike or taking a hike or driving your car. Since you all are squirming like you have swallowed clorox, you must have solid evidence or have seen the wording of a proposed executive order or legislation. You can post that as a public service.

Welp, Biden actually did not say anything other than he would recommend a mask mandate for everyone outdoors. Why shouldn't I assume that extends to personal property? This is the same guy who wants to shut down the economy again, yet all protests are okay. Nothing makes sense with you people, it's all a contradiction.

Also if he wasn't senile, and had the balls to take a question not spoon fed to him from the fake news, maybe he could clarify exactly what he was suggesting to mandate about these masks.

Nobody is going to tell me I have to wear a mask walking from the store to my car, either.

I wear them inside places but they come right off as soon as I walk outside.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:48 AM

1,169 posts, read 752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
In your case you should also wear a hat with a spinner on top of it and a big red clown nose.
What I see when people are wearing MAGA/KAGA hats.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:54 AM
bu2

24,119 posts, read 14,913,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our state has worn masks for months and our number of cases are way down. Wearing a mask is not forever so what's the big deal. It takes no freedom away from anyone. Biden wants mandatory masks because some states require it but some don't. All states have to be in sync to get this virus under control. We have had months to do something about this virus yet nothing has been done at a federal level. If we had a mask mandate months ago for the whole country, this would be under control and states could reopen. As it is now, we are looking at a long time before that happens unless the federal government does something to help our country with this virus. Our economy is dying, so many are out of work, many small businesses have closed. Many colleges tried to open up but then had to close and do virtual. The list goes on and on how this virus is affecting our country. It's just a domino effect. Office buildings are empty so the people who clean it are unemployed. We can't get our economy restarted until we contain this virus. And many of you only think about yourselves and complain about wearing a damn mask, temporarily, when our country is suffering from a global health pandemic. Suck it up and wear a mask, otherwise our economy will collapse if this keeps spreading.
If we had a mask mandate months ago, there would be no difference.

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you have a gold mask set up on your fireplace and kneel down and worship it every morning.

Masks are absolutely the least effective things to control the virus. Some scientists think they cause more harm than good.

1. Wash your hands
2. Avoid large crowds.
3. Distance from other people.
4. Stay home if you are sick.

If we all did those, masks would be 100% irrelevant. Now you can't always distance, but you should do your best.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:57 AM

1,169 posts, read 752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

If we all did those, masks would be 100% irrelevant. Now you can't always distance, but you should do your best.
Except the people who despise masks for the most part will refuse to do those things too (note: Boise, today.)

Old 08-25-2020, 02:38 PM

24,014 posts, read 15,110,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Wearing a mask doesn't prevent catching it, so the person could wear a mask and still end up on a ventilator. Most people who catch it will never end up needing hospital care. Intelligent people already know that though.
It depends on the mask. Intelligent people understand about yarn, fabric and non woven fabric differences. I use N95 mask. But I also sometimes use a mask that has 3 densely woven fabric layers and a pocket that holds a 5 fabric layers including one charcoal layer filter.

That and not lingering anywhere over 20 minutes plus social distancing while, say in a grocery store, is pretty safe. Unlike partying in bar for 4 hours.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:42 PM

24,014 posts, read 15,110,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
If we had a mask mandate months ago, there would be no difference.

I'm beginning to wonder if some of you have a gold mask set up on your fireplace and kneel down and worship it every morning.

Masks are absolutely the least effective things to control the virus. Some scientists think they cause more harm than good.

1. Wash your hands
2. Avoid large crowds.
3. Distance from other people.
4. Stay home if you are sick.

I have a problem with your number 4.

People can have the virus and never know it. The virus incubates up to 2 weeks. One can be passing it along without ever being aware the are in the incubation period. Sure, stay home if you are sick. Sick people do shed the virus and infect others. But so can the carriers who are totally unaware they are passing it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies