Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 01:58 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And hope 60-70% get it to have herd immunity?
If not enough people take it, I guess tough luck for you sunshine. Continue hibernating in that basement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 01:59 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Most everyone else is wearing a mask these days. If you walk into a public place not wearing one, you are in the minority.
Only because of local laws. As soon as these laws are removed, most people throw away those masks. I was at some indoor bars in New Orleans, and even though there are indoor mask mandates many people didn't have them on or were wearing them improperly after midnight.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:16 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
You mean like looting and arson?
im not down with criminal damage to private property. Thats your bag.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:23 PM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So how do you propose we handle the virus if vaccines aren't the answer?
If you are afraid, then go get your vaccination. If enough people feel as you do, then it won't have to be mandated? Doubt that is going to happen. Far too many people don't want a rushed vaccine and want to see what happens when the vaccine is given to general public.

Me personally? I have had a vaccination since the 1950's and don't plan to with this.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:29 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
There is no way to enforce it.

But let me guess, this will be the one federal law that local governments all of a sudden will find resources and motivation for enforcing on behalf of the US gov? You know, unlike illegal immigration.

Old 08-26-2020, 03:09 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
There is no way to enforce it.

But let me guess, this will be the one federal law that local governments all of a sudden will find resources and motivation for enforcing on behalf of the US gov? You know, unlike illegal immigration.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Plus, with all the tip lines enacted, those trying to live as free as they always had will be ratted out.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If not enough people take it, I guess tough luck for you sunshine. Continue hibernating in that basement.
I would if the government gave those who have preexisting conditions or live with those with an option that they could make ends meet without it (since they would quit and make pittance on unemployment.)

Old 08-26-2020, 06:10 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times
Oh my god. People need to quit their whining and act like adults and wear the damn masks. I hope it does happen. The intelligent people need to take over and get us out of this mess. I want my life back. Wearing a mask is really effing simple. My children don't whine about anything as much as anti maskers whine about a darn piece of cloth.

Old 08-26-2020, 07:33 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
Oh, no. I don't watch Fox News. If I wanted people who denied some rather simple science, I'd just come here

So, you're a proponent of herd mentality that negatively affects the herd? Why?

And please don't tell me "That's how it's always been." That is the laziest excuse for halting progress and I hear it enough from people at work, lol.
Ironically, both science and statistical data paint a much different picture than the mentality that you are exhibiting. The risk is minimal and the negative impacts we are creating for a minimal risk are far more devastating to society.

Herd mentality that negatively affects the herd? Please explain.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:16 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
I'd like you to enter a SARS-CoV-2 ward without a mask and then tell me that the risk is minimal one more time, lol.

What negative impacts are you talking about? Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Socially distance. There are no negative impacts from not being an idiot during a pandemic. If a federal mask mandate is required, it's because you people don't know how to listen to health experts.

And that comment was aimed at the previous person's "This is how it's always been" (in regards to the West never having adopted mask-wearing). They were advocating that us never having done it before was a somehow good enough reason not to do it now.
I don't need sob stories from outlying stories to make the risk appear to be greater than it is. The amount of deaths compared to the population is miniscule.

Negative impacts....economy, small businesses folding, education, increase in drug abuse, alcohol abuse, sexual abuse, depression and suicides.

The health experts you speak of have different theories depending on who you choose to listen too. Does that make me wrong for choosing to listen to a certain set of medical professionals because it differs from yours?

Can I safely assume that if masks are required as a precautionary measure against a minimal risk that you also carry a firearm as a precationary measure as well? I mean, why wouldn't you, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies