Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:05 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Check out the #walkaway web site. Many are leaving the Dem party for Trump.

https://www.walkawaycampaign.com/
How hard do you search for these obscure websites. I'm pretty sure I can find a site that says many republicans are leaving the party to vote for Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 10:12 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
He kept his promise to only hire the best. Of course those people then told us he was an incompetent moron who shouldn't be trusted to run a lemonade stand

He kept that promise by hiring the best collection of grifters that money could buy. Serving their country with honor? No, serving their own dishonorable selves, which qualified them well to be in Trump's mob. I support building a new wing onto the facilities at Leavenworth, to allow them all to stay together for a long time.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdeI93eaJuQ

Old 08-25-2020, 01:54 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I just randomly picked one of those accomplishments and decided to research it.

The accomplishment:

Trump (re)opened a coal mine in Pennsylvania.

This new coal mine provided 30 new mining jobs in Pennsylvania.

https://www.dailyitem.com/news/coal-...724ec2f2a.html

Meanwhile, there has been a net loss of 1,000 coal mining jobs since Trump took office.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#738633602e29

This is sort of a "one step forward and thirty three steps back" type of accomplishment.

Most coal mining jobs that have been lost were eliminated by automation.

That means fewer miners dying from cave-ins and black lung.

But since you brought up coal, I wonder how the coal will get to its point of use.

I wonder if it will be processed in some way when it gets there.

Maybe it will be used to produce filters for water purification or kidney dialysis machines.

Maybe it will be used to produce carbon fiber for artificial limbs and personal mobility devices.

Maybe it will be used to make synthetic lubricants or any of a countless number of consumer products.

Maybe it will be used to make electricity, steel and concrete instead of oil and natural gas, thus making us less dependent on foreign suppliers.

Maybe 30 jobs is just the tip of the iceberg....

Old 08-25-2020, 04:37 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wait...what? GITMO is still open? How can that be? I could swear that Obarfo, the affirmative action, racist clown promised to close gitmo in 2008? What happened?
The Great Dumbo Messiah that could do no wrong.......he was pretty damn pathetic, and still is.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:48 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Let's not forget most golf rounds of any president.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
The leftists don’t care about any of that. Their main focus is diversity. At some point during the RNC convention last night, CNN broke away to analyze. Their first comment? That the DNC convention had more blacks and Latinos.

Old 08-25-2020, 04:59 AM

407 posts, read 122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
MAGAPILL — President Donald J. Trump’s accomplishment list archive.

Complete list. Laid out is simple basic English so that all can understand
One funny is that one of his listed accomplishments is signing a renewal of Hillary's work while in the Senate (9/11 compensation fund). I'm sure the vast majority of his accomplishments fall under that umbrella.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:03 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Still much better than Obama's Green Energy jobs at Solyndra, and Hundreds of other failed "Green" fake company fronts that were formed to bilk gov't aid, then close down after the cash is spent.

Or, the "shovel ready" jobs that Obama admitted were not there afterall...but laughed about it instead of returning the cash to taxpayers.

Trump is way ahead on jobs...record employment metrics until the Biden/China Virus attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I just randomly picked one of those accomplishments and decided to research it.

The accomplishment:

Trump (re)opened a coal mine in Pennsylvania.

This new coal mine provided 30 new mining jobs in Pennsylvania.

https://www.dailyitem.com/news/coal-...724ec2f2a.html

Meanwhile, there has been a net loss of 1,000 coal mining jobs since Trump took office.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#738633602e29

This is sort of a "one step forward and thirty three steps back" type of accomplishment.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:11 AM

407 posts, read 122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Still much better than Obama's Green Energy jobs at Solyndra, and Hundreds of other failed "Green" fake company fronts that were formed to bilk gov't aid, then close down after the cash is spent.

Or, the "shovel ready" jobs that Obama admitted were not there afterall...but laughed about it instead of returning the cash to taxpayers.

Trump is way ahead on jobs...record employment metrics until the Biden/China Virus attack.
The BIDEN/ China virus QAnon CTs is why we're in this mess. We are at the mercy of American stupidity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies