Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 09:32 PM

20 posts, read 14,741 times

Advertisements

I can’t seem to be able to find any numbers or stats on this.

I don’t know of any documented cases of doctors or nurses dropping dead while performing surgery due to wearing a mask and they’ve been doing this for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 09:51 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
We don't know and there won't be stats as Masks are the answer...breathing issues if people have them before now they are worse...and germs...good grief...

Wearing a mask in OR is different than wearing one all day, in and outside etc...get serious. Wearing a mask at the beach with all the great negative ions...again good grief.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:27 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We don't know and there won't be stats as Masks are the answer...breathing issues if people have them before now they are worse...and germs...good grief...

Wearing a mask in OR is different than wearing one all day, in and outside etc...get serious. Wearing a mask at the beach with all the great negative ions...again good grief.
How is wearing a mask all day in the OR any different from wearing one "in and outside"...

What "breathing issues" are exacerbated by wearing masks?

What do "germs" have to do with the masks? Other than breathing in fewer of them?

Negative ions?? Seriously...

Just a bunch of words strewn about with no coherent meaning behind them..

Old 08-24-2020, 11:01 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndra11 View Post
I can’t seem to be able to find any numbers or stats on this.

I don’t know of any documented cases of doctors or nurses dropping dead while performing surgery due to wearing a mask and they’ve been doing this for decades.
Three in China - children, at that.

After Multiple Deaths, Officials Call for No Masks in Gym Class

Old 08-24-2020, 11:17 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
If you were having trouble breathing, wouldn't you just take it off? Nobody in their right mind would leave it on until they passed out.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:32 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Children have died while exercising even before COVID-19 and masks, often from undiagnosed heart problems, which would take autopsies to uncover.

https://www.barnesjewish.org/Medical...Young-Athletes

Old 08-25-2020, 07:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:

I have asthma. I wear a mask for hours at a time.
My breathing issues have not worsened.

If anything, I’ve had much less trouble since wearing a mask regularly - fewer allergy issues and now, much less of an issue with the forest fire smoke that is in the air.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:03 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:

There is no difference where you wear them. Time in an OR (Or, around the clock on an extended shift in the ICU) or shopping

Masks DO NOT cause breathing issues (unless you are talking about anxiety AND, that's in your head) And, if my 97 year old mother in law can wear a mask most of the day, ANYONE can!!

Poster, think about facts, not anecdotes!

Just WEAR YOUR DAMN MASKS!!!!

Old 08-25-2020, 05:07 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That is the trash logic that underlies the virtue signaling of someone who is an obedient Trumpette.

I have no clue what his/her political views are, but that is the logic of a MD

Old 08-25-2020, 05:10 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
How many people have died from wearing a mask?

You would have to search really, really hard to find one person who has died from wearing a mask. Probably someone, somewhere has but it's probably so rare that it would be hard to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies