Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 07:48 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,258,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Soooo... Trump will be re-elected because people believe he will put a stop to things that are already happening on his watch? Makes sense.
So you want Biden in office who even refuses to say these aren't "peaceful" protesters? You think Biden will speak out against the riots and such? The kind of pandering to the left is what scares people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 07:49 AM

1,857 posts, read 796,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats are running scared ............right into lake Loch Ness !!! Its a beautiful thing !!!
I think the guy trying to stop voting is scared the most

Old 08-25-2020, 07:50 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
You know what else helps Trump? The abject failure of California's power grid. The state looks like North Korea at night.

We don't want that madness for the nation. I don't know how many threads I've seen on here where leftists are saying CA could be their own country, they don't need the US, they are the 5th largest economy in the world, etc. If so, they ruined it. They can't keep the lights on and want the elderly to turn their thermostat up to 78 degrees! AYFKM right now? Hey, Silicon Valley .... Where are you? C'mon you self-appointed arbiters of truth, shell out some of that giant cash to keep the lights and AC on.

Leftists are morons and it becomes more evident every single day.

Combine that with the rioting and destruction around the country and that will articulate the way for undecided voters.
Democrat policies create economic and societal chaos because they are based on lies. They are turning California into Venezuela where only the rich can survive. However, the power even goes off in their mansions, and they have generators that run on fossil fuels of all things! But it still is an inconvenience and that is why they are leaving and businesses are leaving.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Soooo... Trump will be re-elected because people believe he will put a stop to things that are already happening on his watch? Makes sense.

Noooo.... Trump will be re-elected because he has empowered democrat leaders to quell the violence in their communities and offered them the resources to do it and they have rejected his help and allowed chaos to reign, thus allowing the nation to see how incompetent democrats really are.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:51 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrat policies create economic and societal chaos because they are based on lies. They are turning California into Venezuela where only the rich can survive. However, the power even goes off in their mansions, and they have generators that run on fossil fuels of all things! But it still is an inconvenience and that is why they are leaving and businesses are leaving.
It's the height of hypocrisy, isn't it? And when they leave, they bring their dumb politics with them. They are like locusts.

Old 08-25-2020, 07:59 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
You know what else helps Trump? The abject failure of California's power grid. The state looks like North Korea at night.

We don't want that madness for the nation. I don't know how many threads I've seen on here where leftists are saying CA could be their own country, they don't need the US, they are the 5th largest economy in the world, etc. If so, they ruined it. They can't keep the lights on and want the elderly to turn their thermostat up to 78 degrees! AYFKM right now? Hey, Silicon Valley .... Where are you? C'mon you self-appointed arbiters of truth, shell out some of that giant cash to keep the lights and AC on.

Leftists are morons and it becomes more evident every single day.

Combine that with the rioting and destruction around the country and that will articulate the way for undecided voters.
I’m a native of San Francisco. My best friend back home, a lifelong Democrat just like I was until last election, is dealing with rolling brownouts on top of thick, acrid smoke from fires (no power to operate A/C, can’t open windows) and told me over the weekend “I’m done with this green new deal crap. See our brownouts here? The entire nation will endure this on a daily basis if the Dems win and begin jerking around with power sources like they’ve done in CA.”

Strong words from a mild-mannered liberal who like me has reached her threshold of garbage ideas. Expect more to follow as these far left policies begin to affect people in a negative way on a daily basis.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:22 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m a native of San Francisco. My best friend back home, a lifelong Democrat just like I was until last election, is dealing with rolling brownouts on top of thick, acrid smoke from fires (no power to operate A/C, can’t open windows) and told me over the weekend “I’m done with this green new deal crap. See our brownouts here? The entire nation will endure this on a daily basis if the Dems win and begin jerking around with power sources like they’ve done in CA.”

Strong words from a mild-mannered liberal who like me has reached her threshold of garbage ideas. Expect more to follow as these far left policies begin to affect people in a negative way on a daily basis.
I'm sorry for what is going on there. It's a shame. But man, welcome your friend to reality. Seriously. Who wants this for the nation?

Old 08-25-2020, 08:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Yes as chaos hits the country while Trump is President, we are to believe that somehow magically after he's elected again in November he will magically bring order back to the country.

That kind of logic -- what could go wrong.

Trump is running on his ability to bring law and order while he is actually not bringing law and order. You can spin and dance that and point blame, but bottom line -- Trump's leadership is not effective at all right now and there is nothing about re-electing him that will magically make his leadership effective.

LOL.......

Old 08-25-2020, 08:26 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
I think the guy trying to stop voting is scared the most

Who's trying to stop voting? I'm unaware of this.

Old 08-25-2020, 08:29 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
I'm sorry for what is going on there. It's a shame. But man, welcome your friend to reality. Seriously. Who wants this for the nation?
She was surprisingly frank during our telephone conversation about her increasing ire and lack of confidence in the Dems. She’s teetering on the brink of a Trump vote, which serves as an enormous bellwether for me personally on the state of our voting public. When my Uber liberal best friend of 38 years Says she’s had enough, I take notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies